Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

I've been eyeing the t4 from 500madness except for three issues 1- I can't find anyone anywhere that has it to review 2- they don't give enough technical...

205/45-16's.....anyone running them?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billas abarth
    • Sep 2016

From the pictures the fit looks way better than the OEM tire/size. I am almost due to replace the tires on mine and it looks like I will go with the 205's. Can you post pics with all the tires on?

Comment

• gschnoo
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • Mar 2020

I'd like to thank everyone for this discussion. I took your recommendations and bought the Firestone Indy 500 205/45-16s from the local Firestone dealer at a great price. Very happy with the ride.

Comment

• Fabio13
        • Jul 2014

BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2's for me. Have since switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 3 Plus.
        2013 Fiat 500 Sport AT, Xpel Ultimate Clear Bra, 3M Crystalline Window Tint, Black top stripes, Black "500" (wide) side stripes. Fiat "500" Stainless door sills by Mopar. BlueTooth music streaming. OBDII BlueTooth Torque gauges streaming to smart phone. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus tires, STS rear sway bar, Euro+Drive NA 500 Tune, BMC reusable air filter and Spare Tyre with cover.

Blast to drive! 25 years newer than last car!

Comment

• HalfPint
          • Nov 2019

Just put on my 16" Sparcos with 205/45-16 General G-Max AS-05 all-seasons for my "winter" tires. My summer tires are 205/40-17 Firestone Indy 500's, and these are closer in size compared to the 195/45-16's that I bought with it. Those were Conti Pro Contacts, which were actually not bad, but I've had quite a few sets of the G-Max and like them better. I had originally planned to get full snows, but if it's going to be serious I'll either drive the Jeep or stay home, and the rest of the time I'd rather be on all seasons.
          Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero,
          2017 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Turbo, Anvil & Black
          2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• Fiat500USA
            Amministratore
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HalfPint
            Just put on my 16" Sparcos with 205/45-16 General G-Max AS-05 all-seasons for my "winter" tires. My summer tires are 205/40-17 Firestone Indy 500's, and these are closer in size compared to the 195/45-16's that I bought with it. Those were Conti Pro Contacts, which were actually not bad, but I've had quite a few sets of the G-Max and like them better. I had originally planned to get full snows, but if it's going to be serious I'll either drive the Jeep or stay home, and the rest of the time I'd rather be on all seasons.
            Thanks for the report. My tires are so overdo I stopped driving my car a few weeks ago until next year when I get new tires. I'm leaning towards the G-Max. I'm a big Pirelli fan, but 40°+ summer tires don't leave much drive time around here. I also wouldn't mind a longer lasting tires.
            Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
            fiat 500 forum signature
            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• HalfPint
              • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Fiat500USA

Thanks for the report. My tires are so overdo I stopped driving my car a few weeks ago until next year when I get new tires. I'm leaning towards the G-Max. I'm a big Pirelli fan, but 40°+ summer tires don't leave much drive time around here. I also wouldn't mind a longer lasting tires.
              I was fortunate that my car's previous owner had bought a set of extra rims and tires, so I bought them along with the car. I can keep my Indy 500's mounted and just swap rims, so I don't have to drive summer tires in cold or nasty conditions. It has the added benefit that I swap the rims myself, so there's less opportunity for some fool to damage the side skirts with a lift.

I'm not sure what the status of the G-Max AS-05's is - Tirerack is showing them as discontinued or some such, but my local shop had no issues. My next choice was going to be Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus which look even nicer, but they cost more and are on backorder.
              2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• mlkfiat
                • Jun 2016

Can anyone comment on whether the 205/45/16 tires would be okay on our 2014 Fiat 500 Sport?
                The selection in Canada of 195/45/16 tires is poor.

Comment

• Fabio13
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by mlkfiat
                  Can anyone comment on whether the 205/45/16 tires would be okay on our 2014 Fiat 500 Sport?
                  Yes
                  2013 Fiat 500 Sport AT, Xpel Ultimate Clear Bra, 3M Crystalline Window Tint, Black top stripes, Black "500" (wide) side stripes. Fiat "500" Stainless door sills by Mopar. BlueTooth music streaming. OBDII BlueTooth Torque gauges streaming to smart phone. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus tires, STS rear sway bar, Euro+Drive NA 500 Tune, BMC reusable air filter and Spare Tyre with cover.

Blast to drive! 25 years newer than last car!

Comment

• HalfPint
                    • Nov 2019

Surprisingly, I find I'm enjoying these 16" tires somehat more than the 17" Indy 500's on the road - I think it's the 1/2" taller sidewalls require a bit more slip angle, which in turn provides more feedback, which is more fun to drive on most roads. Regardless, they work great and it's lttle sacrifice to run all seasons for the winter. I had a blast with it on the way home today.
                    2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• mlkfiat
                      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Fabio13

Yes
                      Thanks!

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                        Amministratore
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mlkfiat
                        Check out these threads tagged with that size. Some good info there. Let us know what you go with:

205-45-16, 205/45 16, 205/45 16 tires, 205/45-16
                        Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                        fiat 500 forum signature
                        abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• mlkfiat
                          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Fiat500USA

Check out these threads tagged with that size. Some good info there. Let us know what you go with:

205-45-16, 205/45 16, 205/45 16 tires, 205/45-16
                          Thanks - I may end up babying the Michelin Pilots currently installed until next spring - we don't get a lot of cold weather here, but we tend to use our old PT Cruiser more in these "winter" months.

Comment