Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Official Abarth 1/4 mile time list

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shagghie

Originally posted by luka
    What tire pressure should I be at? I also have NeuF springs.
    Well the only time I'm launching like that is the last run or auto-x or during fun-runs (which, btw, in auto-x doesn't do anything more than over heat your tires for the remainder of the run...I just like the smell of smoke once in awhile). Anyway, in auto-X on the 215's ZII's (which are 200 not 140 like I said before, woops), I'm usually running higher PSI. The last event I was at 46 F / 38R (cold, going off the under-seat on-board air-pump's gauge). Better to let the real dragsters here chime in though, as there's no reason to think that what works for twisties works for a straight line...
    sigpic
    RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
    LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
    NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
    ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
    VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
    Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• racerx
      • Apr 2013

not abarth but 500t stock [email protected] a few mods now and will be going back

Comment

• James Hunt
        • May 2013

Originally posted by racerx
        not abarth but 500t stock [email protected] a few mods now and will be going back

That's almost as quick as a 1984 Colt Turbo.

Comment

• racerx
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by James Hunt
          That's almost as quick as a 1984 Colt Turbo.
          Yeah there are alot of cars faster and older I know I own a few of them. I didn't make it slow but I will make it faster.

Comment

• slowbird
            • Dec 2013

I think it's really awesome we have this thread, but I think we should include scans of timeslips.

Not just for the honesty factor but having the 60ft, and 1/8th mile time/trap.

Especially the 60ft. Very important.

Comment

• aevansgatech
              • Sep 2013

15.586 at Palm Beach Intl Raceway

The Lincoln Town Car stood no chance with 4.6L and 8 cylinders!!image.jpg
              __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
              2014 Abarth - Nero
              EC V2 Intake, GFB DV+, HPSI Silicone boot and hoses, Defi Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro, EBC Yellow Stuff, CPR 28mm Rear Torsion Bar, 5mm Wheel Spacers

1984 Pininfarina Azzurra - Rosso Vivo
              1995cc Twin Cam, 3-speed Auto, Tan Leather, Pirellis

Comment

• slowbird
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by aevansgatech
                15.586 at Palm Beach Intl Raceway

The Lincoln Town Car stood no chance with 4.6L and 8 cylinders!![ATTACH=CONFIG]9382[/ATTACH]
                Judging by your 60ft your Abarth has the potential to run atleast low 15's. Stock tires? 17's or 16's?
                Last edited by slowbird; 01-23-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• aevansgatech
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by slowbird
                  Judging by your 60ft your Abarth has the potential to run atleast low 15's.
                  Yeah, this run was ****ty off the line for sure.. This is my first manual car and only my 2nd time at the drag strip

I think 15.0 - 15.3 is feasible if I get the launch right
                  __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
                  2014 Abarth - Nero
                  EC V2 Intake, GFB DV+, HPSI Silicone boot and hoses, Defi Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro, EBC Yellow Stuff, CPR 28mm Rear Torsion Bar, 5mm Wheel Spacers

1984 Pininfarina Azzurra - Rosso Vivo
                  1995cc Twin Cam, 3-speed Auto, Tan Leather, Pirellis

Comment

• LittleEvil
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by aevansgatech
                    Yeah, this run was ****ty off the line for sure.. This is my first manual car and only my 2nd time at the drag strip

I think 15.0 - 15.3 is feasible if I get the launch right
                    Yea your 60 is not so good. i ran stock 15.26 on stock 16's think my 60ft was 2.3, hard to launch with the ****ty tires. Car wont do better then a high 15.1. in stock trim
                    Neu-F lowering springs--Neu-F torque damper insert--Neu-f short shift adaptor--BOB's black strap-- EC LED interior kit--EC Defi Boost Gauge--MPX rear section exhaust--%35 tint all around--Tork boost leak fix--Shaved fender badges--Craven shorty antenna--BBS CS4 17.7.5 et 30 (silver) w/ 215/45 General Gmax

Comment

• shadowshaggy
                      Super Tech
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Oct 2013

Get a better R/T and you'll have that 1/2 second back.... 0.686 is bad, my first trip was like a .750 someodd so I can't say much but getting a .120-.200 will help you out a bunch instead of a .700ish reaction. You running on a .500 tree or a .000 tree? The one in Memphis I used to visit was a .000, so you could get a perfect time if you had mad skills or an accident Best R/T I got there several years ago was a .070, and I got beat out by my buddies .010 - but my car was faster so I got the 2 second lead on the 1/4 mile trip

As soon as I have a car back and March rolls around, I'll take a trip back to Memphis and see if I can't drag trevc along to Test n Tune....he'll out run me, but I'll have fun at any rate.
                      Mods I don't have:
                      cage
                      stripped interior
                      chassis braces
                      cam
                      big turbo
                      new internals
                      ....pretty much everything else

Sponsors:
                      Eurocompulsion
                      AAD
                      Cipher Auto

Pending:
                      Megan Racing (coil-overs)

Comment

• musicsurf
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by shadowshaggy
                        Get a better R/T and you'll have that 1/2 second back.... 0.686 is bad, my first trip was like a .750 someodd so I can't say much but getting a .120-.200 will help you out a bunch instead of a .700ish reaction. You running on a .500 tree or a .000 tree? The one in Memphis I used to visit was a .000, so you could get a perfect time if you had mad skills or an accident Best R/T I got there several years ago was a .070, and I got beat out by my buddies .010 - but my car was faster so I got the 2 second lead on the 1/4 mile trip

As soon as I have a car back and March rolls around, I'll take a trip back to Memphis and see if I can't drag trevc along to Test n Tune....he'll out run me, but I'll have fun at any rate.
                        Reaction time doesn't count towards elapsed time. The clock doesn't start running until the car moves.
                        Michael
                        All Angles Design
                        cell - 352.262.6071

2013 Grigio Abarth
                        AAD Torque Strut, AAD Catch Can, ATM FMIC, HCI, and Boost Gauge, Forge BOV and Actuator, Mpx TB, ATP Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback, Ryephile's EVAP Reroute, Neu-f Springs, Koni Yellow Front and Rear Shocks, Neu-F Torsion Bar, TWM Short Shifter, Custom 16x7 Royal Black & Polished Lip Rota RB's

Comment

• shadowshaggy
                          Super Tech
                          Lifetime Member
                          • Oct 2013

Bad reaction times affect the overall time? Not that I understand drag racing all that well; but how can a crappy R/T not affect overall time? If dude A has a R/T of .300 and dude B has a R/T of .800, and they are in identical cars that run identical trap speeds - how does dude A not have a quicker 1/4mi trap time?
                          Mods I don't have:
                          cage
                          stripped interior
                          chassis braces
                          cam
                          big turbo
                          new internals
                          ....pretty much everything else

Sponsors:
                          Eurocompulsion
                          AAD
                          Cipher Auto

Pending:
                          Megan Racing (coil-overs)

Comment

• musicsurf
                            • May 2013

Bad reaction times affect the overall time? Not that I understand drag racing all that well; but how can a crappy R/T not affect overall time? If dude A has a R/T of .300 and dude B has a R/T of .800, and they are in identical cars that run identical trap speeds - how does dude A not have a quicker 1/4mi trap time?
                            I wasn't talking about racing, just the fact that elapsed time starts when the vehicle begins moving and stops when it goes through the trap. It doesn't matter if you have a .5 sec or 5 sec reaction time, et will still be the same. Reaction time comes in to play when the times are very close.
                            Michael
                            All Angles Design
                            cell - 352.262.6071

2013 Grigio Abarth
                            AAD Torque Strut, AAD Catch Can, ATM FMIC, HCI, and Boost Gauge, Forge BOV and Actuator, Mpx TB, ATP Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback, Ryephile's EVAP Reroute, Neu-f Springs, Koni Yellow Front and Rear Shocks, Neu-F Torsion Bar, TWM Short Shifter, Custom 16x7 Royal Black & Polished Lip Rota RB's

Comment

• NORCAL SS
                              • May 2013

The time doesnt start until the car moves. You can be at the light for 10 minutes and then take off and the time will start when car moves and you will run the same 15 second time. r/T comes into play when you have dial in times. Ie someone runs 12.0 you run 11.0 so they get a 1 second head start if you dont move for 2 seconds then take off and run a 11.0 on your dial in time you still lose due to having a slower reaction time.
                              CHECK OUT MY NORCAL SS VENDOR SECTION FOR MANY AFTERMARKET FIAT PARTS AT THE LOWEST PRICES PLUS 24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT. FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT 24/7 AT 415 519 2432 OR EMAIL [email protected]

INSTAGRAM NORCAL_SS_CUSTOMS

MY 2013 ABARTH BUILD >>>>>>http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...3-Abarth-Build

Comment

• shadowshaggy
                                Super Tech
                                Lifetime Member
                                • Oct 2013

Well again, not a drag race guy. Thx
                                Mods I don't have:
                                cage
                                stripped interior
                                chassis braces
                                cam
                                big turbo