Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Dynoing our cars. anything I need to know?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NORCAL SS
    • May 2013

Dynoing our cars. anything I need to know?

I'm scheduling a dyno run at the shop I use for my LS car stuff and seeing if theres anything different about doing a pull on the abarth.

Turn off esc and hold down button till pops up its off on dash
    get it to 4th gear and do a full roll run

Anything im missing?
    CHECK OUT MY NORCAL SS VENDOR SECTION FOR MANY AFTERMARKET FIAT PARTS AT THE LOWEST PRICES PLUS 24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT. FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT 24/7 AT 415 519 2432 OR EMAIL [email protected]

INSTAGRAM NORCAL_SS_CUSTOMS

MY 2013 ABARTH BUILD >>>>>>http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...3-Abarth-Build
  • 2Cool
    • Feb 2013

Big ass fan for the intercoolers. And just like on both GM and Ford expect an ABS light to come on after a bit as the computer gets concerned with the unmoving wheels, which should reset after a bit of normal driving afterwards.

Please show SAE numbers and not the smoke and mirrors STD or crank HP guesses that every damn vendor for this car likes to use.
    Ian - 2013 Grigio Abarth - TRADED
    New Ride - 2014 Focus ST - Race Red

Comment

• LittleEvil
      • Mar 2013

3rd gear pull.
      Neu-F lowering springs--Neu-F torque damper insert--Neu-f short shift adaptor--BOB's black strap-- EC LED interior kit--EC Defi Boost Gauge--MPX rear section exhaust--%35 tint all around--Tork boost leak fix--Shaved fender badges--Craven shorty antenna--BBS CS4 17.7.5 et 30 (silver) w/ 215/45 General Gmax

Comment

• NORCAL SS
        • May 2013

Isnt 4th cloesest to 1.1 ratio on these cars? Thats where u want to dyno. 3rd pull woild give higher numbers which is not right.
        CHECK OUT MY NORCAL SS VENDOR SECTION FOR MANY AFTERMARKET FIAT PARTS AT THE LOWEST PRICES PLUS 24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT. FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT 24/7 AT 415 519 2432 OR EMAIL [email protected]

MY 2013 ABARTH BUILD >>>>>>http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...3-Abarth-Build

Comment

• Gigante
          • Sep 2012

Your are correct NORCALSS, see the specification below:

Availability Standard on Fiat 500 Abarth
          Description 1st, 2nd gear: Double Cone
          3rd, 4th, 5th, gear: Single Cone
          Gear Ratios
          1st 3.909
          2nd 2.238
          3rd 1.520
          4th 1.156
          5th 0.872
          Reverse 3.909
          Final-drive Ratio 3.353
          "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” — Henry Ford

Comment

• NORCAL SS
            • May 2013

thanks guys. IM just waiting on the fmic and hopefully have time to mod the downpipe this week to get pre tune numbers.

Comment

• shagghie

Supposed to take ESC full off (hold down button 10 seconds until it beeps), yes?
              sigpic
              RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
              LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
              NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
              ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
              VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
              Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• opiateESP
                Boost Addict
                Lifetime Member
                • Oct 2012

If they find that the dyno is acting strange, get them to add a ground. The TPMS system can wreak havock on the dyno preventing any pulls.
                Pistons & Petrol: Follow us on YouTube.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider
                Tork Tuned | CP Pistons | Carrillo Rods | Garrett G25-550

The 300+ Club(?)
                #notscare

Comment

• redred
                  • Oct 2012

According to 500 Madness, you need a special $500k dyno:

Originally posted by 500MADNESS.com
                  The other issue is anyone doing dyno runs on these cars (and the 500) is having proper cooling. Most dyno shops are used to doing Hondas and Mustangs and do not have the proper cooling fans for these types of engines.

I just came back from spending a week in Germany with Pogea Racing and seeing their half a million dollar dyno set up and can honestly say that 99% of the dynos folks are using here are not giving them accurate data. I watched Eduard Pogea raise and lower temperatures going to the FIAT by 5-10 degrees to show me how the engine automatically de tunes itself as temps change. It was an eye opener!

We are now on a search for a proper dyno set up since most are not properly equipped for our cars and will not give out proper numbers. Once we find one we will then redo many cars in our stable. The nice part is all the numbers we have stated before have been understated rather then overstated.

Comment

• FTY
                    Lifetime Member
                    Lifetime Member
                    • May 2012

4th GEAR PULL
                    ESC OFF COMPLETELY
                    E-BRAKE OFF

You will still get abs failure/esc failure lights.....these cars don't like it when they detect the rear wheels not spinning.
                    sigpic
                    2012-FIAT ABARTH
                    2015-ALFA ROMEO 4C
                    2018-ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO
                    EUROCOMPULSION STORE
                    “THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.”

Comment

• shagghie

Originally posted by redred
                      According to 500 Madness, you need a special $500k dyno:
                      haha, well to be sure you DO still need proper cooling fans... and like, please for love of God don't have the hood open lol.
                      sigpic
                      RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
                      LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
                      NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
                      ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
                      VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
                      Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• LittleEvil
                        • Mar 2013

Scottie be quite lol, hood up or down the difference is minimal.
                        Neu-F lowering springs--Neu-F torque damper insert--Neu-f short shift adaptor--BOB's black strap-- EC LED interior kit--EC Defi Boost Gauge--MPX rear section exhaust--%35 tint all around--Tork boost leak fix--Shaved fender badges--Craven shorty antenna--BBS CS4 17.7.5 et 30 (silver) w/ 215/45 General Gmax

Comment

• krayzielilsmoki

I dont think the type of dyno is necessary to measure power gain. As long as the base run and the comparing runs are done under the same circumstances. For example regardless if the base run shows 150whp or 500whp the percent change in power should be the same and that is what people should be looking at, not peak HP
                          I recently started a full time job, so between school and work I have very little free time for anything else. The decal making has been put on hold.

Comment

• FTY
                            Lifetime Member
                            Lifetime Member
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by krayzielilsmoki
                            I dont think the type of dyno is necessary to measure power gain. As long as the base run and the comparing runs are done under the same circumstances. For example regardless if the base run shows 150whp or 500whp the percent change in power should be the same and that is what people should be looking at, not peak HP
                            Its all about the curves..THEN peak HP
                            sigpic
                            2012-FIAT ABARTH
                            2015-ALFA ROMEO 4C
                            2018-ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO
                            EUROCOMPULSION STORE
                            “THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.”

Comment

• stealthy1ss
                              • May 2012

I don't see anyone stating that you need to push the Sport button!
                              2012 Fiat 500 Abarth - Italian Go Kart/DD
                              2006 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC - Track Car/Weekend Warrior

Comment