500 Madness

Thread: Dyno-Comp ECU Program?

Thanks

Dyno-Comp ECU Program?

Found this on a S2K forum. Any feedback on this?

http://dyno-comp.com/blog/2012/06/fi...1-ecu-upgrade/

Thanks
    i feel like there is a thread on this somewhere. i only remember because someone called them out for having that pic up of the abarth on the dyno.... with the rollers in the rear. lol. no other info seems to exists besides that one link.

Thanks
    they claim on the website that the ecu must be removed for this but then when a forum member went there that claimed to have downloaded firmware over obd2 but it wouldn't take an obd2 flash and they didn't understand why, which doesn't match the website statement. then a dart forum member went there and they told him they need time and equipment, and that the dart had a magnetti marelli ecu (true) but the abarth had a bosch ecu (very false) so the best explaination is that they may have flashed a european t-jet abarth at one point and are very confused. i will however say their exhaust fab is pretty amazing. i'd hate to think they are BS artists and they are good for something.

there are others working on it. give it time. but the tunning boxes/boost controllers get most of the potential out of the engine anyway.
    Last edited by dart1.4t; 08-17-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks
    RoadRace Motorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by dart1.4t View Post
    they claim on the website that the ecu must be removed for this but then when a forum member went there that claimed to have downloaded firmware over obd2 but it wouldn't take an obd2 flash and they didn't understand why, which doesn't match the website statement. then a dart forum member went there and they told him they need time and equipment, and that the dart had a magnetti marelli ecu (true) but the abarth had a bosch ecu (very false) so the best explaination is that they may have flashed a european t-jet abarth at one point and are very confused. i will however say their exhaust fab is pretty amazing. i'd hate to think they are BS artists and they are good for something.

there are others working on it. give it time. but the tunning boxes/boost controllers get most of the potential out of the engine anyway.

The real advantage of an ECU tune is after you have a bigger turbo and/or other hardware mods, and/or if you want to play with other things in the ECU like idiot lights, fog lights, or other misc cool things. I'm personally waiting for the ATM ecu tune, as those are the guys that really know this engine and how do things right. The longer it takes them the better as far as I'm concerned....
    http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=509&dateline=13627278  39
    2013 Nero Abarth " ̤s̤̤̈b̤̤̈l̤̈l̤̤̈ "
    ATM FMIC, ATM HCI,MPx TB, Forge BOV & WGA, GT1446"F"
    Avant Garde F-140 Forged 3-PC staggered wheels, pulled/rolled w/ dutch rubber
    Neu-F Springs, Neu-F 28mm RTB, Koni Sports at 4/5 firm
    Neu-F 2.5" Race cat-back w/ 2.5" DP exit port
    HIDs, 500T lights
    VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, cavallino frontbutt