Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

If it's still in the FCA parts train, trans shipment is free to another dealer. At least that was the case of a couple parts I ordered.

I did a lot of searching on the forum last night and it seems 37mm is the most I've seen someone run here. Someone had 15 inch wheels with 43mm offset...

I think that's tagged as a Ram in other markets. (IIRC that's the model my nephew sent me pictures of it last winter, on his trip to Mexico.)

We only have 2 Alfa dealerships here. A Fiat/Alfa studio. The other Alfa dealership, is offer at a MB one. Along, with Porsche, jaguar Maserati, land...

I would personally sell the new truck, though a Ram dealership. The Fiat studios are pretty much extinct....

What you do is sell it through Fiat dealerships and stick it to Dodge for the Hornet business....

I see that midsize truck, with a RAM name plate on the grill and emboss on the tail gate.
My daughter finally trade off her troublesome Jeep Renegade...

Nice looking alloy wheels...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $150.00 on these Lowering Springs by Corsa Forza Performance for your FIAT 500.

Improve your FIAT...

1970 Fiat Abarth TCR 1000 Berlina Corsa

If the 43mm offset is correct then a 5 to 10mm spacer will put it about right. The stock wheels run between +30 and +35 offset depending on the style....

I'd look at salvage options to keep the price reasonable. I see a few options scattered around the country: https://www.lkqonline.com/2013-fiat-500-...

FWIW, Edmunds pricing guide here. ...

My Neighbor leased a Giulia and traded it in for a Stelvio. The Alfa dealer is in the next county.

I totally agree with you & Firefly is a great analogy (but 'Serenity' is one of my favorite ever movies!)
No resolution re. Fiat posts only...

I was thinking about this post today on my way to work and saw a Giulia. I see a 500 maybe once every two weeks.

Looking good. What I usually do with the inside of the tailpipes is spray some WD40 on something soft like Never Dull Cotton Wading. After that, a chrome...

Window tint info on a 500L

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jacobbs87
    • Feb 2014

Hey guys, I have been contemplating getting my windows tinted and am wondering how it looks without the back two windows tinted. I would love to see some pictures of fellow 500L owners cars to get an idea if i want to actually do this or not.

Comment

• opiateESP
      Boost Addict
      Lifetime Member
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Jacobbs87
      Hey guys, I have been contemplating getting my windows tinted and am wondering how it looks without the back two windows tinted. I would love to see some pictures of fellow 500L owners cars to get an idea if i want to actually do this or not.
      It will look kind of . Find a shop that is proficient with Laminex and have the plexi windows done with that. Make sure they color match well because tint is not all the same color. Even grey or charcoal can be very different between brands.
      Pistons & Petrol: Follow us on YouTube.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider
      Tork Tuned | CP Pistons | Carrillo Rods | Garrett G25-550

The 300+ Club(?)
      #notscare

Comment

• NGEN
        Official Vendor
        • Sep 2012

You can't tell. We didn't tint ours and it matches
        sigpic
        Hours: Mon-Fri 10am - 6pm CST
        Call/Text: 832-948-9409
        E-mail: [email protected]

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ngencustoms
        Instagram: www.instagram.com/ngencustomsandperformance

Comment

• ALadies500L
          • Aug 2014

Just had my windows tinted in the 500l ... we neglected to do the tint job on the rear 2 windows (my tinter decided to check the forums prior to tinting!) this is what mine looks like now from the side.

because the rear window is tined the sides look tinted ...

worst case ... I think I am going to use Plasti dip (Smoke) on the inside of the window
          "Less brakes, More Gas!! "

Comment

• Alec
            • Oct 2013

Our tinter will do them, but he charges more than normal for it because of the difficulty. He did scratch the first one that he did and paid for it. Now he has a template to work from. Because you can't over cut the tint and tuck it into the trim (the trim is molded into the window), the tint has to be slightly undersized and you get an even hairline around the window where it's not tinted. Doesn't look bad, but is noticeable if you look for it. Also, you have to be extremely careful when using heat on the tint because the window will start to melt under a heat gun.

Comment

• Buyers_Remorse
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by rob_lewis
              Just FYI to any current or future 500L owners, the two back windows closest to the hatch are plastic. This means a different type of application for window tint that your tinter needs to be aware of.

Wife's 500L is taking a bit longer because of it.

-Rob
              Found this out the hard way.. tint shop scratched the rear qtr glass and offered me the tint job free to cover it up.. needless to say.. they paid for new qtr window that was 458.00 dollars. Tint is still a bubbly mess.. this car sucks..

Comment

• Macuser1984
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by 500MADNESS.com
                We tinted our 500L about a week ago and had the same issue. The rear side windows are plastic and should not be tinted.

We went with Light tint all around and did not tint the back plastic windows. Since the rear windows are already tinted the light was enough to give the car a much darker look and the back windows still look darker due to all the other windows that we tinted.

You may also think about tinting the sunroofs if you have them. We went dark on the sunroof and it made a huge difference on the interior heat. You can still see out, but the inside temps went down by a lot.

Hope that helps a bit...
                I've thought about having my sunroof tinted too. Sometimes it's too bright even with the shade closed, but I still love it. I want to buy a wind deflector for it too. When I have it open at highway speed, the wind blows right on top of my head.

Comment

• Cormic
                  • May 2016

OMG! I had my windows tinted 2 days ago. The guy spent 2 hours on those 2 windows. They also notated their system to show an up charge on a Fiat 500L Pop. Lucky me, I didn't have to pay extra.

Comment

• obi_wan
                    • Aug 2016

Hi

When I did mine, i have wrapped the plastic one.

Attached Files
                    Turbo si... Ma benzina.

Comment

• CoachRick
                      • Aug 2015

A year ago, we had our two front quarter windows tinted along with the sides. I chose the purest, lightest tint for the front quarters since the driver looks through those and back to the front glass frequently...trying to minimize the visual difference. It seems to have worked splendidly. The front sides were tinted to pretty much match the already tinted rear glass and nothing was done to the rear plastic quarter windows. On the silver L, it looks pretty good; but not dark at all. I didn't want to go for the appearance of dark windows, just the benefit of the tint.

I can see the attraction of the darker(and wrapped look) on the red and white models shown above...didn't really want that on the silver. Our guy had not done an L before but knew about the plastic windows. His challenge was tucking the film 'under' the lip of the side windows; but he has many years of experience(still a pain if you haven't done an L). I can see how a 'new' guy would not like that process at all!!!
                      Current vehicles:
                      2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Ice Silver
                      2013 Volvo C70 Caspian Blue
                      Previous Fiats:2017 FIAT 500L Lounge 2015 500L Lounge; 1979 Strada

Comment

• pgkq
                        • Dec 2022

Yes it's CARBON not Plastic. For weight reducing.
                        Originally posted by 500MADNESS.com
                        We tinted our 500L about a week ago and had the same issue. The rear side windows are plastic and should not be tinted.

We went with Light tint all around and did not tint the back plastic windows. Since the rear windows are already tinted the light was enough to give the car a much darker look and the back windows still look darker due to all the other windows that we tinted.

You may also think about tinting the sunroofs if you have them. We went dark on the sunroof and it made a huge difference on the interior heat. You can still see out, but the inside temps went down by a lot.

Hope that helps a bit...

Comment