Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

New 500L - First Impressions and a few "surprises"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andree
    Chief Car Looker Upperer
    Lifetime Member
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by MaxPower
    It gets the speed limits from the map database loaded in the navigation system. It doesn't have it for all roads, but it does for most of the main ones.
    It also includes a feature where you can set it to remind you of the speed limit if you go over it by any set amount you set. For example: I have mine set to remind me if I go over the speed limit by 10mph. It works well and isn't too annoying as it will only remind you one time or until the speed limit changes.
    In the regular Fiat, I have a speed alert, but it's only for one set speed. I have mine set at 65, which is the freeway speed. I'm always curious as to how many people are speeding, and anytime I try to "keep up with traffic" my speed limit alert goes off, flashing "speed limit exceeded" a few times in the EVIC. When it flashes the words, it also hides everything else, including my current speed (I never use the gauges, just the EVIC readout of the speed in mph).

I like your tool better, since you can set it to alert you anytime you exceed ANY speed limit a certain amount.
    I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N
    Love to help people look for the Fiat they want.
    That's why I call myself "Chief Car Looker Upperer"

Comment

• RedHaven
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Andree
      In the regular Fiat, I have a speed alert, but it's only for one set speed. I have mine set at 65, which is the freeway speed. I'm always curious as to how many people are speeding, and anytime I try to "keep up with traffic" my speed limit alert goes off, flashing "speed limit exceeded" a few times in the EVIC. When it flashes the words, it also hides everything else, including my current speed (I never use the gauges, just the EVIC readout of the speed in mph).

I like your tool better, since you can set it to alert you anytime you exceed ANY speed limit a certain amount.
      I like this feature as well. You can set it to warn you if you are going over the speed limit by say 15mph which is where mine is set. That way it isn't always warning me if I am just a little over but since it rides so smoothly, I regularly get a heavy foot and go 70 in a 55 and the woman warns me.

Comment

• MaxPower
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by RedHaven
        Mine is doing the same thing. I can't get any help from SiriusXM. They say to take it back to the dealer which is 30 minutes from my house and I have to work. I definitely should get SiriusXM. The salesman said it was included and I got a brochure with the owner's manual that said it is included. Keep us posted. If I can get it to the dealer tomorrow, I will let you know what they say.
        Try calling Uconnect directly. Their link is a few posts above. They were looking into it as well.

Comment

• MaxPower
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by sbulla
          Yes, I have the SiriusXM radio, the dealer set it up for me and it was already working when I took it home.
          Did yours come with the Beats Audio package? Does your window sticker say SiriusXM on the listing of included options?

Comment

• Andree
            Chief Car Looker Upperer
            Lifetime Member
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by RedHaven
            I like this feature as well. You can set it to warn you if you are going over the speed limit by say 15mph which is where mine is set. That way it isn't always warning me if I am just a little over but since it rides so smoothly, I regularly get a heavy foot and go 70 in a 55 and the woman warns me.
            YES! Yes to the part of "it rides so smoothly"...and I just have a regular Fiat 500. I had watched a video on the 500e, and because it has NO ENGINE SOUNDS AT ALL, the Fiat rep lady said she'd gotten a speeding ticket. She couldn't TELL from sounds that the car was going faster than she realized.

It's something we are going to have to watch, for ourselves, even with the reminders. I'm thinking of all the older cars I'd driven or had, and they all made it pretty clear when I was going 10 miles faster than what I should be. There were higher revs, and the cars weren't nearly as quiet as today's cars are. I knew what speed I was going from the sound of the engine.

Fiat has my little automatic 500 shifting smooth, driving smooth, just whispering coming from the engine compartment. Which I like. But, MAN, is it ever hard to tell how fast I'm going!!
            I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• sbulla
              • Apr 2013

MaxPower, Yes, I have the beats audio package and SiurusXM was listed among included options. Hope they get this problem sorted out for you soon. Would love to see a picture of your new ride.
              Last edited by sbulla; 07-02-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Andree
                Chief Car Looker Upperer
                Lifetime Member
                • Dec 2012

Just checking in to see if the SiriusXM is hooked up for everyone. Yes? No?
                I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• MaxPower
                  • Jun 2013

Just checking in to see if the SiriusXM is hooked up for everyone. Yes? No?
                  Here is the latest I have found out. I received an email from Fiat/Chrsler customer assitance center basically stating the the 500L Easy Fiats do NOT include SiriusXM. I am still working to resolve this with them and here is why I feel it should, at least in my case:

My dealer advertised on their website that my specific vehicle included SiriusXM.
                  My sales person at Fiat told me it was included and even scheduled service the next day for me to have it activated.
                  My Fiat included a brochure with the owners manual specifically stating that my Uconnect unit includes one year free SiriusXM.
                  I contacted uConnect directly and they looked up my VIN and stated that it was included with my vehicle as well.

It is still unclear if the Uconnect and vehicle have the capability to do SiriusXM and that it was just not activated on the unit because they dont want to give the one year subscription or if there is actually something missing from the vehicle that prevents it from getting SiriusXM (either in the Uconnect or antenna)

Comment

• ciddyguy
                    • May 2011

Here is the latest I have found out. I received an email from Fiat/Chrsler customer assitance center basically stating the the 500L Easy Fiats do NOT include SiriusXM. I am still working to resolve this with them and here is why I feel it should, at least in my case:

My dealer advertised on their website that my specific vehicle included SiriusXM.
                    My sales person at Fiat told me it was included and even scheduled service the next day for me to have it activated.
                    My Fiat included a brochure with the owners manual specifically stating that my Uconnect unit includes one year free SiriusXM.
                    I contacted uConnect directly and they looked up my VIN and stated that it was included with my vehicle as well.

It is still unclear if the Uconnect and vehicle have the capability to do SiriusXM and that it was just not activated on the unit because they dont want to give the one year subscription or if there is actually something missing from the vehicle that prevents it from getting SiriusXM (either in the Uconnect or antenna)
                    Technically, from what I've read, Sat radio is in the head unit itself for either unit, but has to be activated and clearly something is not right, either your unit was miss programmed or something because that is what I've read too.

Comment

• Thad
                      • Jun 2011

I was at a dealership yesterday and they were struggling with the exact same situation of trying to activate Sirrius and the display had no serial number. They were trying to tell the customer that it wasn't included but I would think the smarter thing, if in fact the car doesn't have it, would be to remove all references to Sirrius from the software. The sales person was saying it had it. Techs were saying it didn't. I don't know the real story. Just relaying something that is obviously happening at more than one dealer.
                      Thad Kirk
                      Board Member -FIAT Club America www.FiatClubAmerica.com
                      1965 Fiat 600D
                      1971 Fiat 850 Racer
                      1981 Fiat Spider 2000
                      1984 Pininfarina Azzurra
                      2013 Abarth
                      sigpic

Comment

• Andree
                        Chief Car Looker Upperer
                        Lifetime Member
                        • Dec 2012

Just got off the phone with Uconnect.

SiriusXM is ONLY on models that specifically have the BEATS audio system. If it doesn't have Beats, it doesn't have SiriusXM.

It will say Beats and SiriusXM on the window sticker. This is an example of a 500L Easy model window sticker that has the Beats package along with the Premier Package and Popular Equipment:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
                        Customer Preferred Package 22D
                        Popular Equipment Group
                        $ 700
                        Dual Zone Automatic Temperature
                        Control
                        Power Driver 4-Way Lumbar Adjust
                        Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
                        115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
                        Rear Seat with Armrest and Cup Holder
                        Easy Premier Package Plus Beats(TM)
                        Audio/SiriusXM
                        $ 700
                        Beats (TM) Audio 6 Premium Speakers
                        Plus Subwoofer
                        SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
                        Subscription
                        Black / Cementite Seats
                        Cementite (Gray) Instrument Panel
                        Bezels
                        6-Speed Euro Twin Clutch Transmission
                        $ 1,350
                        Heated Front Seats
                        $ 350
                        Nero Roof (Black)
                        $ 500
                        Premier Package Value: $1,745
                        Includes Uconnect 6.5" Touch Screen
                        Radio with GPS Navigation System,
                        RearView Back-up Camera, and
                        ParkSense Rear Park Assist.
                        Compliments of FIAT.
                        DESTINATION CHARGE $ 800

This is an example of a 500L Easy with the Premier package and popular equipment group, and does not have Beats/SiriusXM:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
                        Popular Equipment Group
                        $ 700
                        Control
                        Easy Premier Package
                        Red / Cementite Seats with Gray
                        Instrument Panel
                        Bezels
                        $ 1,350
                        Compliments of FIAT.
                        DESTINATION CHARGE $ 800

Asking if it's just a matter of activation, I was told "no". There are parts that are not in the unit if the Beats package is not ordered and it apparently can't currently be retrofitted.

BUT, due to the confusion, the matter has been escalated to Engineering, and they are currently working on a future update/parts.

From what I understand, there have been not only confused customers, but confused studios and sales personnel and techs and studio managers too. Because the unit without Beats still has the Sirius thing, as shown in the photo from MaxPower. It LOOKS like it should have Sirius. But it's something more related to keeping the units uniform (cheaper to produce).

And a Service Bulletin went out to all dealerships within the last week or so (this is what I was told on the phone), explaining the Sirius confusion. My phone representative was unable to find the contents of, or the number of, the Service Bulletin specifics.

From this point on, there should be no confusion at the dealership/studio level. Remember, the vehicle was new to everyone, not just customers, but all the people at the Studio hadn't seen one before either. So everyone may have thought all the cars had it, thanks to the unit showing SiriusXM, even though it didn't work and wasn't included on the window sticker.

When the "fix" comes out, some dealers may well do the work for the customers who had been promised SiriusXM and didn't get it (who thought they WERE getting it). I'm thinking of you, MaxPower.

Obviously, the fix/upgrade will be available for all customers, so even though a person bought the car and knew it didn't come with Sirius, they can upgrade later.

That's the info I was able to glean from a phone conversation and I hope it helps. I even "tested" the VIN system, and only the vehicles that SHOW the Beats/SiriusXM on the window sticker are the ones with the ability to activate/use SiriusXM. If it doesn't say it on the window sticker, it's not on the vehicle. That applies to the Easy, Trekking, Lounge.

If they looked up your VIN, and it has the SiriusXM, then it should be on your window sticker. Is it on your window sticker?

Edit: And do you have Beats?

Edit2: Reread original post, you don't have Beats, so it wouldn't be on the window sticker. No idea why you would have been told that the vehicle should have Sirius access via the Uconnect VIN look-up, unless some of the confusion also resided at that level. Perhaps they were telling everyone with the 6.5 that the audio included Sirius.

I also pointed out to the customer service person how the description on their site is somewhat misleading. If it says Sirius is "available" and doesn't qualify in what cases it is or is not available, then one would think it's available one way or another on all units of the 6.5 type.

To be told that it is NOT available on non-Beats units isn't of any help to someone who bought a non-Beats unit and expected the Sirius to be "available".
                        Last edited by Andree; 07-09-2013, 10:26 PM.
                        I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• Andree
                          Chief Car Looker Upperer
                          Lifetime Member
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Thad
                          I was at a dealership yesterday and they were struggling with the exact same situation of trying to activate Sirrius and the display had no serial number. They were trying to tell the customer that it wasn't included but I would think the smarter thing, if in fact the car doesn't have it, would be to remove all references to Sirrius from the software. The sales person was saying it had it. Techs were saying it didn't. I don't know the real story. Just relaying something that is obviously happening at more than one dealer.
                          If you want, I'll call that dealership, they probably have a toll-free number. It would be nice to have all the dealers saying the same thing.
                          I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• ciddyguy
                            • May 2011

Just got off the phone with Uconnect.

SiriusXM is ONLY on models that specifically have the BEATS audio system. If it doesn't have Beats, it doesn't have SiriusXM.

It will say Beats and SiriusXM on the window sticker. This is an example of a 500L Easy model window sticker that has the Beats package along with the Premier Package and Popular Equipment:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
                            Popular Equipment Group
                            $ 700
                            Control
                            Easy Premier Package Plus Beats(TM)
                            Audio/SiriusXM
                            $ 700
                            Beats (TM) Audio 6 Premium Speakers
                            Plus Subwoofer
                            SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
                            Subscription
                            Black / Cementite Seats
                            Bezels
                            $ 1,350
                            Heated Front Seats
                            $ 350
                            Nero Roof (Black)
                            $ 500
                            Compliments of FIAT.
                            DESTINATION CHARGE $ 800

This is an example of a 500L Easy with the Premier package and popular equipment group, and does not have Beats/SiriusXM:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
                            Popular Equipment Group
                            $ 700
                            Control
                            Easy Premier Package
                            Red / Cementite Seats with Gray
                            Instrument Panel
                            Bezels
                            $ 1,350
                            Compliments of FIAT.
                            DESTINATION CHARGE $ 800

Asking if it's just a matter of activation, I was told "no". There are parts that are not in the unit if the Beats package is not ordered and it apparently can't currently be retrofitted.

BUT, due to the confusion, the matter has been escalated to Engineering, and they are currently working on a future update/parts.

From what I understand, there have been not only confused customers, but confused studios and sales personnel and techs and studio managers too. Because the unit without Beats still has the Sirius thing, as shown in the photo from MaxPower. It LOOKS like it should have Sirius. But it's something more related to keeping the units uniform (cheaper to produce).

And a Service Bulletin went out to all dealerships within the last week or so (this is what I was told on the phone), explaining the Sirius confusion. My phone representative was unable to find the contents of, or the number of, the Service Bulletin specifics.

From this point on, there should be no confusion at the dealership/studio level. Remember, the vehicle was new to everyone, not just customers, but all the people at the Studio hadn't seen one before either. So everyone may have thought all the cars had it, thanks to the unit showing SiriusXM, even though it didn't work and wasn't included on the window sticker.

When the "fix" comes out, some dealers may well do the work for the customers who had been promised SiriusXM and didn't get it (who thought they WERE getting it). I'm thinking of you, MaxPower.

Obviously, the fix/upgrade will be available for all customers, so even though a person bought the car and knew it didn't come with Sirius, they can upgrade later.

That's the info I was able to glean from a phone conversation and I hope it helps. I even "tested" the VIN system, and only the vehicles that SHOW the Beats/SiriusXM on the window sticker are the ones with the ability to activate/use SiriusXM. If it doesn't say it on the window sticker, it's not on the vehicle. That applies to the Easy, Trekking, Lounge.

If they looked up your VIN, and it has the SiriusXM, then it should be on your window sticker. Is it on your window sticker?

Edit: And do you have Beats?

Edit2: Reread original post, you don't have Beats, so it wouldn't be on the window sticker. No idea why you would have been told that the vehicle should have Sirius access via the Uconnect VIN look-up, unless some of the confusion also resided at that level. Perhaps they were telling everyone with the 6.5 that the audio included Sirius.

I also pointed out to the customer service person how the description on their site is somewhat misleading. If it says Sirius is "available" and doesn't qualify in what cases it is or is not available, then one would think it's available one way or another on all units of the 6.5 type.

To be told that it is NOT available on non-Beats units isn't of any help to someone who bought a non-Beats unit and expected the Sirius to be "available".
                            Thank you for that info. That is good to know. I know the sat nav is retroactive later, as long as the dealer does the activation for a customer that bought the car with it never activated by the original owner. That much is clear, as is the fact that Nav is already available on the 5" unit, though not enhanced in any way, but it is available.

I was lead to believe that the satellite radio was available too, whether you activated it, or not as I don't care for sat radio so I don't really care if I get it, or not, and if it's part of a package then I won't activate it, if it hasn't been done by the dealer, and I'd say, don't even bother before I drove it off the lot in the first place.

Comment

• Andree
                              Chief Car Looker Upperer
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ciddyguy
                              Thank you for that info. That is good to know. I know the sat nav is retroactive later, as long as the dealer does the activation for a customer that bought the car with it never activated by the original owner. That much is clear, as is the fact that Nav is already available on the 5" unit, though not enhanced in any way, but it is available.

I was lead to believe that the satellite radio was available too, whether you activated it, or not as I don't care for sat radio so I don't really care if I get it, or not, and if it's part of a package then I won't activate it, if it hasn't been done by the dealer, and I'd say, don't even bother before I drove it off the lot in the first place.
                              Also remember that I'm assuming the person I talked to has the correct and most up-to-date info there is. It may not be (correct or up-to-date). LOL!

The only part I can verify is inputting VINs into the system at their end won't show Sirius available on vehicles that did not come with the Beats system.
                              I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• Spancho
                                • Jul 2013

Just picked up our my Trekking yesterday, and so glad I found this forum and thread! It's my first new car and I'm delighted with the ride and styling, but yes there are a few quirks.

I agree with what others have said - that the dealers really don't know the model yet and are giving inaccurate information. My salesperson told me I'd have free Sirius XM for a year, when Sirius didn't even come with the car! I did not get the beats package. Yes, there is a Sirius bottom on the touchscreen, but no radio ID. I will continue to watch this thread to see if anyone gets some positive new on a free upgrade or module allowing it to be activated.

The blinking lock light is annoying. Glad to hear it can be fixed. Is there a specific TB number I can let my service department know about?

Comment