500 Madness

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Evaporative Re-Route and Boost Leak Fix

Thanks
    Hmm I'm still paranoid about trying this my ogre hands always wind up breaking clips and other fragile things that shouldn't be broken during an install lol. Directions however are pretty amazing though. If I wanted to just use the boomba check valve method what line does that go in?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Hmm I'm still paranoid about trying this my ogre hands always wind up breaking clips and other fragile things that shouldn't be broken during an install lol. Directions however are pretty amazing though. If I wanted to just use the boomba check valve method what line does that go in?
    It goes where the long line goes into the charge pipe, you have to add some extra hose.
    Michael
    All Angles Design
    cell - 352.262.6071

2013 Grigio Abarth
    AAD Torque Strut, AAD Catch Can, ATM FMIC, HCI, and Boost Gauge, Forge BOV and Actuator, Mpx TB, ATP Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback, Ryephile's EVAP Reroute, Neu-f Springs, Koni Yellow Front and Rear Shocks, Neu-F Torsion Bar, TWM Short Shifter, Custom 16x7 Royal Black & Polished Lip Rota RB's

Thanks
    Killer directions Michael! Thank you for taking the time to do that. It helps to show the full assembly out of the car.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryephile For This Useful Post:

musicsurf (11-21-2013), trevc (11-20-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by musicsurf View Post
    It goes where the long line goes into the charge pipe, you have to add some extra hose.
    Thanks I think I'll give the boomba a shot first and if no CEL then I'll just roll with that. If I get CEL repeatedly I'll suck it up and give the Ryephile/musicsurf modified method and hopefully don't break stuff in the process lol.

Thanks
    Looking at where I can find the items locally. Going to do this mod when I get my car back.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    Looking at where I can find the items locally. Going to do this mod when I get my car back.
    You won't be able to find a wye more than likely and if you're going to order that from McMaster Carr you might as well get all of it from them.
    Michael
    All Angles Design
    cell - 352.262.6071

2013 Grigio Abarth
    AAD Torque Strut, AAD Catch Can, ATM FMIC, HCI, and Boost Gauge, Forge BOV and Actuator, Mpx TB, ATP Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback, Ryephile's EVAP Reroute, Neu-f Springs, Koni Yellow Front and Rear Shocks, Neu-F Torsion Bar, TWM Short Shifter, Custom 16x7 Royal Black & Polished Lip Rota RB's

Thanks
    So, been looking at either solution and it seems youre basically just rerouting the charge pipe line into the intake. Could you not just put a t in the line going into the intake and just run the line that hooks into the charge pipe to the t fitting then cap off the charge pipe connection? Not doubting the solutions, just wondering why you have to do all this work just to vent back into the intake again.
    2016 Ceramic Metallic MX-5 w/ Brembo/BBS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ophidia31 View Post
    So, been looking at either solution and it seems youre basically just rerouting the charge pipe line into the intake. Could you not just put a t in the line going into the intake and just run the line that hooks into the charge pipe to the t fitting then cap off the charge pipe connection? Not doubting the solutions, just wondering why you have to do all this work just to vent back into the intake again.
    In order for the system to purge correctly this way it needs to have as little distance to travel as possible and for everything to be smooth. The huge jumbled mess that is the stock EVAP lines is prohibitive to this and likely why the boost leak was added to aid in purging the system. If you want to do it the way you are talking about, its pretty much the same as putting in the check valve or capping.
    Last edited by musicsurf; 11-21-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Michael
    All Angles Design
    cell - 352.262.6071

2013 Grigio Abarth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by musicsurf View Post
    You won't be able to find a wye more than likely and if you're going to order that from McMaster Carr you might as well get all of it from them.
    I know there are stores that carry wye pieces. That or I can order one in at a local business, most likely. Ridiculous to buy 10 or 20 of em...ha.

Thanks
    I'm wondering how many folks might be willing to pay for a "kit" from Musicsurf..
    Wicked Dot - Rosso+black Abarth 500c
    MoJo - Electric Orange 500e stealth performer - lease over, replaced with a faster! E

12. The Following User Says Thank You to msjulie33 For This Useful Post:

Ryephile (11-21-2013)

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast