500 Madness

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: How To: Evaporative Re-Route and Boost Leak Fix

Thanks
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prossi View Post
    so then has this been "improved" on the 2015?
    I haven't personally looked at the change on the 2015 but I know we have plenty of members that have, I don't think it has changed but I'd rather someone that is certain give you that answer. I have a 2013 for the record.

Thanks
    I could post up some pictures of the evap system on my car later today, since I will be installing a boost gauge. we'll see what you guys can figure. My abarth is a 2015 and I've been curious about the boost leak issue of previous years. Whether or not fiat fixed this issue I don't know. In the mean time I have a parts guy I deal with all the time at my local dealer, he may be able to find out if there was any TSB or revision to fix this issue.

Thanks
    Alright everyone, I have pictures. hopefully you can see them and interpret what Im going to say here. From what I seen under my hood it looks like Fiat re-routed the lines. first of all there is a "T" style arrangement on the back of the stock air box pictured here. The line circled in red has its source at the plastic intercooler piping resting just above the transmission and just before the rubber hose entering the throttle body. The line circled in green has its source at the evap sensor/valve thing, (not sure what it's called) you can see here the lines route near where the output of the stock airbox would normally be. The connector on the left being the boost line and the connector on the right for evap. This picture shows the evap sensor and its respective line. if you look closely at the very bottom of the picture you can see what looks like part of a wire loom. This is actually the boost line it runs directly under the stock airbox right next to the metal fuel line pictured. This next picture you can see the boost line circled in red and the arrow shows where it is routed. It has a number of clips holding it in place along the charge pipe leading to the intake. This last picture was difficult to get ( I didn't have time to remove the battery) but you can see a hose barb sticking directly out of the plastic charge pipe. This pipe is also where the stock boost sensor is located. The hose barb is the source for the boost line. I tested to make sure it actually sees boost while driving with a simple boost gauge. This connection experiences full boost. I will have to open up my old air box and take a picture of the interior, but basically there is only one outlet from the 2 lines mounted on the backside of the airbox. It is a basic "T" arrangement, with the boost line leading straight into the airbox and the evap set at 90 degrees to the boost line. What I think is happening, is under boost the effect of the air being pushed past the outlet of the evap line, will pull vapours from the evap line. Now I could be wrong, I am no expert but this is what I have observed thus far. Hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Abarth (Assetto Corsa Clone)
    Sila Concepts Ram Air Intake
    Madness ECM (Tune #7)
    Forge Wastegate
    GFB Diverter Valve
    MPX Catless DP
    MPX Rear Section Exhaust
    CAE Ultra Shifter
    Megan Euro Street Coilovers
    Neu-F Roll Bars
    Prosport Halo Gauges

Thanks
    My first upgrade
    I finally did the fix and I could feel the difference. Thank you to Ryephile for the research and work you put in for this. Thanks to Musicsurf for improving the steps. I bought all the parts from the Mc Master site.
    The most difficult part was removing the tube with the metal clip behind the engine. I ended up just removing the other end of the tube with the metal clip.

Next upgrade would be Tweak's HID headlights and DRL bulb upgrades.

Thanks
    If you have the gfb diverter is doing this something that still would have an impact?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfassassin View Post
    If you have the gfb diverter is doing this something that still would have an impact?
    I immediately noticed the difference the GFB DV+ made. This however was not really noticeable. I already had a FMIC and GFB DV+ installed before attempting this mod.
    I did the EVAP-mod for peace of mind after my last boost leak dilemma.
    New Truck: 2016 Ram 1500 Single-Cab Express Truck (5.7L Hemi / 8-Speed Automatic)
    Traded-In My 2013 Rosso Abarth. It will be missed.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23