Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

This thing is turning into a hot mess. Good thing Marchionne isn't around to see this....

Alfa Changes the Name of The New Milano to Junior!

Alfa Romeo has just changed the name of the recently unveiled Milano EV to "Junior" to appease Italian officials. Seems there...

My daughter has a Fiat 500 Abarth turbo to sell. Monument Colorado. Trying to find Fiat enthusiasts. [email protected]

Hello, please contact your local dealership for assistance with this part. You can find dealerships near you at www.fiatusa.com/find-dealer. If you need...

2.4's are known (throughout FCA body styles) for being hit and miss on excessive oil consumption...

They are commonly called "the boat...

Ask SBI for the definitive answer.
Get the persons name at SBI that you consult with...
Hope that helps

Manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2024 Fiat (500e)RED is $32,500, plus a $1,595 destination charge.

More details here below....

Yes, it should. Try it out....

What will the price range be??

Could you please tell me if it still works?

Here are some steps. Please follow them.
  1. Click on "User Settings" (located under your username at the top right).
  2. Select "Account."
  3. Go

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

1.4L only. What have you done that actually improved engine performance

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikeyjm1
    • Nov 2016

1.4L only. What have you done that actually improved engine performance

I usually can't leave anything alone. But since this is such a new platform I'm a little slower and more cautious.
    I know there's no actual cold air available yet.
    Chime in with what you've actually done and has worked. I.e...GFB, downpipe...etc
    16’ 500X Pop, Rosso, 1.4T/M6, 18” O.Z. 45th Anniversary, H&R springs, Momo shift knob, K&N drop in, MPX TB, Deyeme Racing CDV delete, Magnaflow with 2.5” B-pipe by http://stagefp.com/, ATP DP. *finally a beta tune by Bob Bishop
    15’ 4C Spider, Madraperla White, Track Pack & Red Leather seats.
    13’ 500 Abarth, Bianco, M5, 17”, Koni shocks, Eibach Prokit, CFP Hats, ES/EC bumps and seats, Powerstop brakes, K&N drop in. (Wife's)
    95’ Wrangler, Aqua, 4.0/Auto,
    4” lift, too much to list (Also Hers)
  • pkgmsu2000
    • Jun 2016

as of today, just the K&N drop in filter, but i am close to pulling the trigger on few performance upgrades for spring:

- bosch 4C coils
    - aftermarket downpipe
    - lightweight pulley
    - clutch delay valve delete
    - homemade cold air intake
    - rear trans mount

ive talked with most of the vendors that i would trust and they all say the same thing. there isnt any demand for 500X 1.4T.
    DOB: FIAT 500X 1.4T 6MT on 5/29/16 with 13 miles
    RIP: 4904 miles hauled away by insurance company hail damage on 6/22/17 :-(

FOR SALE ON THE FORUM:
    - Deyeme Racing FLEX rear trans mount @ never installed
    - OEM backup camera rear hatch handle

Comment

• PLP
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by pkgmsu2000
      ive talked with most of the vendors that i would trust and they all say the same thing. there isnt any demand for 500X 1.4T.
      Because the only model that comes with 1.4 is POP. Had it been offered in all of them, I would have bought 1.4T as opposed to 2.4... but it must have been AT and AWD. So FIAT chose for me.
      Current rides: 2003 Porsche Boxster, 2019 Chevy Bolt LT, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium
      Previous rides: 2014 FIAT 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T, 2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD, 2015 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, M/T, and many more...

Comment

• pkgmsu2000
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by PLP
        Because the only model that comes with 1.4 is POP. Had it been offered in all of them, I would have bought 1.4T as opposed to 2.4... but it must have been AT and AWD. So FIAT chose for me.
        Fiat chose for me too. you cant run a 4-cylinder in Colorado without a turbo. and the 1.4T engine is just too small and not powerful enough to handle the additional weight of AWD. i think AWD comes in at nearly 400 lbs heavier. i already dealt with a heavy 3300 pound car and 1.4T in the dart and it was not a good fit.

FOR SALE ON THE FORUM:

Comment

• carfreak09
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Mikeyjm1
          I usually can't leave anything alone. But since this is such a new platform I'm a little slower and more cautious.
          I know there's no actual cold air available yet.
          Chime in with what you've actually done and has worked. I.e...GFB, downpipe...etc
          Removing the resonator and muffler and replacing it with 2.5" piping made a noticeable improvement in off the line launches. The clutch engaged much smoother and it felt faster. That being said, it's pretty loud, louder then an Abarth. Sounds awesome though. I would recommend keeping the resonator but removing the muffler for a cheap increase in off the line performance and better sound without it being too loud.

The GFB provided a slight improvement, mostly in keeping the boost up between shifts, smoothing the power delivery as you shift through the gears. The difference wasn't near as noticeable as the exhaust upgrade.

What the X desperately needs is a real cold air intake, like the EC 4.1 on my 500T.
          2013 Fiat 500T Rosso
          RRM Ultimate tuner, RRM rear sway bar, Koni front struts, El Gato front chassis braces, 500Madness GoPedal, NeuF muffler delete, EC V4.1 intake, Gofastbits DV+, RRM lightweight crankshaft pulley, LED interior lights.

2016 Fiat 500X Pop Arancio (traded in April 2019)
          500Madness GoPedal, custom Abarth style exhaust (resonator/muffler delete.), Gofastbits DV+, RRM lightweight crankshaft pulley, RRM Ultimate tuner, LED interior lights.

Comment

• Mikeyjm1
            • Nov 2016

Thanks for the advice on the exhaust. I have actually been considering the opposite and just swapping th resonator section for a 41" straight pipe. Then it would be 100% reversable.

As for the intake I like the idea of the EC-3 pipe. Keeping the air box. I'm not a believer in cold air kits but I think there's value in better piping.
            16’ 500X Pop, Rosso, 1.4T/M6, 18” O.Z. 45th Anniversary, H&R springs, Momo shift knob, K&N drop in, MPX TB, Deyeme Racing CDV delete, Magnaflow with 2.5” B-pipe by http://stagefp.com/, ATP DP. *finally a beta tune by Bob Bishop
            13’ 500 Abarth, Bianco, M5, 17”, Koni shocks, Eibach Prokit, CFP Hats, ES/EC bumps and seats, Powerstop brakes, K&N drop in. (Wife's)

Comment

• pkgmsu2000
              • Jun 2016

i placed an order for the Deyeme Racing rear trans mount earlier this week. Very excited about it!

for the exhaust, before anything else i will be installing an aftermarket catted downpipe with 2.5 inch outlet. The factory downpipe has a tiny 1.8 inch outlet that restricts airflow.

After the downpipe, i will remove the factory catback system and set it aside unharmed. I will install a custom catback system with 2.5 inches all the way to tailpipe. i will do muffler delete and then look into 1 or 2 resonators that deliver a nice exhaust note, maybe a 10" and 12" or 8" and 10"... lastly, i will add a 2nd "ghost" tip on the left side because i like the look of dual exhaust tips.

FOR SALE ON THE FORUM:

Comment

• Mikeyjm1
                • Nov 2016

Have you checked with NorCal SS on his modified down pipe?

I was playing with mine yesterday and pulled the exhaust off behind the resonator. Just loosened the clamp pulled the two mount bolts by he muffler and dropped it. Sounds just like my wife's Abarth and pretty sure it spooled quicker.

Comment

• Romano
                  • Mar 2020

I have installed a Throttle Pedal Controller from Windbooster that is blue tooth compatible and has many modes, it really woke up the car removing a lot of the turbo lag. ***** five star love it.
                  I installed a piggy back ECU from Turbo Transformer that gives about 15 extra HP and a lot more torque also programmable via an app ***** five star love it
                  I have installed an Cold air intake from Euro Compulsion *** looks good not sure it improved much over K&N free flow filter and pretty sure my next oil change is going to be more difficult.
                  I have installed a Turbo thermal blanket from Euro Compulsion **** looks good cannot quantify improvement.
                  My car is driving like a dream and I love it.
                  I am thinking to add wheels spacers not sure how far to push it without placing too much stress on the wheel bearings (1 to 1 and half inches) it should give a better stance and cornering capacity
                  I am also thinking about a louder muffler so that I can ear the engine and launch the car with better precision.

2017 Fiat 500x 1.4 L Turbo Manual Shift

Comment

• 500MADNESS.com
                    Premium Sponsor
                    • Jun 2011

Hi Mikeyjm1,

While there is not as many aesthetic options for the 500X, we do offer a pretty good amount of engine / performance related mods.

We do have our MAXPower PRO available for the 500X 1.4L Turbo:

The MADNESS MAXPower PRO Engine Control Module provides you with an affordable and proven way to give your turbocharged FIAT 500 more horsepower and torque.

The MAXPower PRO works directly with the 1.4T's factory ECU and engine, raising boost to higher levels (but still within a 100% safe threshold) to generate more power, but also allowing the advanced factory ECU to do what it does best - make compensations for air, fuel, and timing, commensurate with the higher boost levels from the turbocharger. You'll see Horsepower and Torque increases of up to 20% over stock, based upon fuel and air conditions.

The MAXPower PRO is completely Plug and Play and easily reversible with our included a Bypass Plug, which will allow you to decouple the tuning box without completely uninstalling the harness (for dealership visits or diagnostic purposes).

MADNESS GOPedal:

The 500X has a noticeable "dead space" in the throttle pedal, which makes it a lot less fun to drive. The GOPedal, as a baseline, eliminates that, making the car a lot more responsive to every snap of the throttle - which vastly improves drive-ability.

You have three modes available in the remote - Eco, Sport, and Sport Plus. Each mode has 7 adjustment levels - you can increase or decrease the effect within each mode's parameters.

The GOPedal ultimately puts the control in your hands and allows you to really fine tune that throttle pedal just the way you want it.

Installation is ridiculously easy - under 5 minutes. Check out the instructions:

You can purchase these items individually but because there's no overlap in what one does versus another and when combining the effects of each product the results absolutely transform the FIAT 500 ABARTH, we typically recommend you purchase them as a package.

You also save money purchasing them as a package deal!

The best part?

Both of these products (The MAXPower PRO and MADNESS GOPedal) are backed by our 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.

GFB+ Diverter Valve:

[img]https://500madness.com/image/cache/data/Suspension%20Upgrades/GFB/FIAT500goFASTbitsT9356-750x563.jpg

@carfreak09 did a great job at explaining what the GFB+ does.

Turbo Actuator:

A Turbo Actuator is a valve which controls the flow of exhaust gas from an engine to the turbocharger.

This upgraded Turbo Actuator has been designed as a stronger, more reliable replacement for OEM parts. It offers superior flow path and high temperature resistance which allows your boost to come on faster and holds on longer.

Check out www.500MADNESS.com for the largest selection of FIAT 500 Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices. We service, customize and modify! Give us a call at 562-981-6800 or 512-982-9393.

Comment

• Mopar500
                      • Mar 2020

In my oppion, if your mechanically inclined. First open up all air path ways. There is a ton of meat you can port from the head. Clean up the cast marks same thing with the intake. If your feeling frisky widen your tbody and intake.
                      Then do 4c coils. Turbo owners can't really improve intake due to its right next to the turbo. But i replaced alot of my tubing with smoother silicon tubes. Im a bit of airflow advocate.

Comment

• Mopar500
                        • Mar 2020

I adore the sound of the no muffler. It deffinatly needs the resonator to kill the drone. So worth a mid muffler mount.

Comment

• CoachRick
                          • Aug 2015

Since we woke up a three year-old thread, I'd be interested in any real-world results in the 500L. I had a GoPedal in our '15 and it really transformed the car; but the throttle response was apparently improved for our '17 and I'm wondering about the difference I would notice now. Anybody out there with the MaxPower and GoPedal combo on a 2017> L ???
                          Current vehicles:
                          2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Ice Silver
                          2013 Volvo C70 Caspian Blue
                          Previous Fiats:2017 FIAT 500L Lounge 2015 500L Lounge; 1979 Strada

Comment

• Mikeyjm1
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by CoachRick
                            Since we woke up a three year-old thread, I'd be interested in any real-world results in the 500L. I had a GoPedal in our '15 and it really transformed the car; but the throttle response was apparently improved for our '17 and I'm wondering about the difference I would notice now. Anybody out there with the MaxPower and GoPedal combo on a 2017> L ???
                            having had a LS powered truck previously, I started with a handheld tuner. (Which is lightyears better than the pedal boxes and piggybacks.). Then I learned those were crap and a real tune at a real shop woke the truck up.
                            There are flash tunes available for our cars which are barely more than the combined cost of the pedal/piggy route and address the same and more. But they do it correctly and without tricking you car into doing it.

Comment

• Romano
                              • Mar 2020

I removed the muffler and made a short video of the sound

Last edited by Fiat500USA; 05-01-2020, 12:50 AM. Reason: embedded video

Comment