Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

I've been eyeing the t4 from 500madness except for three issues 1- I can't find anyone anywhere that has it to review 2- they don't give enough technical...

Looking to buy Fiat 500 1957 Standard

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icedcorn
    • Jul 2018

Looking to buy Fiat 500 1957 Standard

Hi, I can't fine a Fiat 500 Manual Transmission 1957 edition anywhere local to me (New England). Even if there's one remote for shipping, I don't think you can get them anymore.

Prove me wrong dealers that search the forum .
  • smark
    • Apr 2014

You might be able to find a low milage used one. A manual transmission, might be really rare.

Cars.com

Comment

• Icedcorn
      • Jul 2018

Tried the usual suspects - Carvana, Cars, autotrader, etc. I'll be luck if a Fiat dealership folded into another brand and it's still on a dealer lot..it happens

Comment

• smark
        • Apr 2014

Heres a couple with a automatic. Like I said a manual going to be very rare.

Last edited by smark; 11-10-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• map
          • Dec 2018

Good find, smark. I wouldn't have thought to look under Lounge.

Autotrader.com has more than a dozen listed, but most of them are new. As he said, 5 speed is rare and may not have been made for the last 2 years.

Comment

• Vincenze
            • Jan 2018

You can buy the Retro rims from FIAT new and install on another car.

The interior is white and impractical.

Comment

• map
              • Dec 2018

From the used white interiors I've seen (on used cars), they detailed out about as well as the black steering wheel. The only white wear point is the front of the steering wheel.

Unfortunately, the wheels are $2000, and those say they won't fit the Turbo. My dealer said he could get a set for nearly double that price that would fit the '18.

Comment

• smark
                • Apr 2014

Those ivory interiors, look fantastic when new. You need to wear white glove, to keep the steering wheel clean. The retros, also have a beautiful saddle leather interior. Only the lounge retro’s come in that baby blue, mint green, and off white. I think the roofs are painted white too. They are the lounge model. Completely loaded. 500 madness carries the alloy wheels. I remember seeing them, on their showroom floor. Very expensive. No price..... you would then need them powder coat to color match the body color.

Last edited by smark; 11-10-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Vincenze
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by map
                  From the used white interiors I've seen (on used cars), they detailed out about as well as the black steering wheel. The only white wear point is the front of the steering wheel.

Unfortunately, the wheels are $2000, and those say they won't fit the Turbo. My dealer said he could get a set for nearly double that price that would fit the '18.

They are $350 each.
                  The Retro is essentially the Lounge Turbo. Why wouldn't they fit?

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Comment

• map
                    • Dec 2018

Yes $350 to 375. Then hubcaps, $119 to $183 each. The problem still is, Rock Auto has only 3 wheels, and they are black, with the caps in white, blue or green.

The good news is they don't seem to be charging a core fee to buy wheels. I don't know if Fiat has stopped charging it or if they'll tack it on after the order is placed.
                    Last edited by map; 11-11-2019, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Vincenze
                      • Jan 2018

There are other stores that sell these wheels.
                      They are painted in white, green, and blue.

From my point view, they are the only thing that is really valuable about the Retro.
                      You can probably repaint them in another color.

If somebody looks for a manual car, he can find one for a very good price. Then, he can replace the wheels.
                      The Retro cars are pretty expensive.

Comment

• Koreanadian
                        • Mar 2017

I'd sell mine, but mine's automatic and also has about 85000 miles on it.
                        But it's in mint condition. I detailed the interior and exterior myself.
                        As usual with the 500s, there are lots of little paint chips though.

Comment

• smark
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by map
                          Yes $350 to 375. Then hubcaps, $119 to $183 each. The problem still is, Rock Auto has only 3 wheels, and they are black, with the caps in white, blue or green.

The good news is they don't seem to be charging a core fee to buy wheels. I don't know if Fiat has stopped charging it or if they'll tack it on after the order is placed.
                          I wouldn’t put that much change, in a used car. Over $1,400 just for the wheels alone. Plus the hubcaps. $600-700. Then you would have to powered coat them to the correct color to match the car. Lots of cash.

I remember when the retro was first introduced. A baby blue non turbo,C was sitting on a ride ramp on the dealers lot. My wife really liked it. We really didn’t need any more cars, at the time.

I would just buy one of those new ones. Automatic, full warranty. For $22K.
                          Last edited by smark; 11-11-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Koreanadian
                            • Mar 2017

Looking at the 2018 models, I am glad that I have the 2015 NA 1957 edition.
                            The front looks little awkward, and that infotainment area ... black with white surrounds doesn't really do it for me.
                            the audio system on the 2015 is really old school, with no outstanding features or anything, but at least it goes along with the whole 1957 retro theme.

Comment

• smark
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Koreanadian
                              Looking at the 2018 models, I am glad that I have the 2015 NA 1957 edition.
                              The front looks little awkward, and that infotainment area ... black with white surrounds doesn't really do it for me.
                              the audio system on the 2015 is really old school, with no outstanding features or anything, but at least it goes along with the whole 1957 retro theme.
                              I’m not crazy about the new turbo/Abarth front bumper too. I like the original 1957 edition. Very retro. I do like the newer sound systems. Too bad there not the European Mirror edition 7” display, with Apple car play, and Android auto.

That front bumper, not retro at all...

[IMG]amazonaws.com/images/18500retro-f5f18us4-0265ssabn8fdfudd2uno3q3o4iur4-1537986851.jpg?resize=980:*[/IMG][/IMG]
                              Last edited by smark; 11-11-2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment