Perfect car for the city. Great on gas and extremely easy to park.
I bought this car in March of this year. Since purchase, I have done the following:
- Replaced suspension stabilizer links and bushes;
- Replaced all brake pads and rotors;
- Replaced the clutch, pressure plate and release bearing;
- Installed new Continental front tires and performed a full alignment (this was done this month) - the rear tires are in good condition;
- Completely rewired and repaired a known issue with these cars - being the wiring loom in the trunk. This can sometimes prevent the trunk from opening and cause electrical faults to appear on the dashboard. This has been completely and professionally repaired - I spent over $1000 making sure that this was done properly. Everything now works as it should. I also installed a small emergency release button for the trunk near the drivers' door;
- I got the car with scratches and a few dents on the driver side door and fender, and therefore got the door and fender professionally replaced and repainted (spending around $2000 on the job) at an extremely reputable and high-quality repair center. At the same time, I also installed new stripes (as the old ones were fading). I have complete photos of before/after;
- Installed a large screen which supports Bluetooth, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay - the car has a stock Bose sound system, and the upgraded head unit has made the sound even crisper (the stock head unit is included with the car);
- Installed a backup camera;
- Installed high quality full LED headlights, daytime running lights and turn signals. I also replaced the side markers with LEDs;
- Performed a full engine service;
- Gave the car a comprehensive $500 detail (as soon as I purchased it). It has been routinely cleaned since.
The car also has a large sunroof and is very fun to drive. I have driven it 10+ hours in a single day (on multiple occasions) without issue - the car also has cruise control and does very well on the highway.
The only reason I am selling the car is because I am leaving the city. I would have kept it otherwise, having spent over $5000 in repairs and upgrades.
In full transparency, there are a few minor items to note:
- The car has lived its life in New York, and therefore has a few dings and scratches. Nothing major, just normal wear/tear after living its life in the city;
- The struts are due to be replaced (this is a consumable item and expected/normal, as NYC roads are notoriously bumpy). A new pair of struts will cost between $200-$400 (depending on your choice of brand). I have not replaced them as the car drives fine, and I was only recently told that they are due for replacement (i.e., when I took it to replace the tires earlier this month);
- One of the tire pressure sensors needs to be replaced - the tire pressure light can sometimes flash intermittently - this has been the case since I purchased the car. It has not affected the car in any way, and as the tires are new - I have not elected to replace it;
- The clip on the passenger side air vent is slightly loose (but works completely fine). I will include two brand new vent units with the car - should you choose to replace this in the future;
- After changing the head unit, the odometer started flashing. This is common with these cars (I have owned another one) - and it is because the car 'thinks' the radio is missing. This does not affect the car in any way, and if it bothers you, you can install an interface which connects directly to the body control module (and eliminate the flashing). I have not done this as it has not affected my use of the car in any way, and the volume and track controls on the steering wheel work seamlessly with the new head unit;
- Prior to purchase, I checked the CarFax (and performed a detailed pre-purchase inspection) and noticed that the mileages on the report were higher than stated on the car's odometer. I therefore spoke to the shop that was previously responsible for maintaining the car (their details were on the CarFax report) - and was informed that their system routinely has an issue whereby mileages are reported in KMs instead of miles (the mileage in KMs aligned with the recorded miles on the dashboard - and so I did not give this any further thought or attention). The odometer records mileage normally.
I truly love this car and am sad to let it go. The price is negotiable within reason. I have spent a lot of time and effort making sure it is a great daily driver and hope that the new owner enjoys it and continues to take care of it. It is a lovely vehicle and has a clean title.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to arrange a viewing. I am based in NYC.PXL_20220422_153836350.jpgPXL_20220831_204534981.jpgPXL_20220422_154105255.jpgPXL_20220422_154327692 (1).jpgPXL_20220904_131531532.jpg