PDA

View Full Version : My Personalized Plate in Ohio

OhioMade
05-21-2013, 09:12 PM
ABARTH, 1 ABARTH and ABARTH 1 were taken in Ohio, so that left me with...AB4RTH.

millers500x
06-06-2013, 05:27 PM
how do you not rip off the plate on the front? Why didn't you mount it higher and in the middle?

lagallinavecchia
06-07-2013, 09:20 AM
how do you not rip off the plate on the front? Why didn't you mount it higher and in the middle?

He probably didn't want to drill the bumper. I have the Craven Platypus, and my car is lowered... I don't have a problem unless I just go flying into a parking space with a concrete stopper there.

Abarth Phreak
06-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Why do I like the stock mount better than this style????

Anyway, I just ordered custom plates here in Cali. I will share when they arrive.

OhioMade
06-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I didn't want to drill the bumper. I don't have the car lowered, and I find I don't have trouble scraping. I take curbs at an angle.

DJ Sueno
06-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Why do I like the stock mount better than this style????Because of the way they were designed. They hang too low. The plate shouldn't hang below the bumper, it looks out of place...
There are several companies that have done well made plate relocators, such as Cusco. Issue with the Fiat, is the design of the bumper and lack of tow hook...

I also like the stock plate style and location much better than these aftermarket plate holders...

My .02 cents...

Abarth Phreak
06-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Because of the way they were designed. They hang too low. The plate shouldn't hang below the bumper, it looks out of place...
There are several companies that have done well made plate relocators, such as Cusco. Issue with the Fiat, is the design of the bumper and lack of tow hook...

I also like the stock plate style and location much better than these aftermarket plate holders...

My .02 cents...

Yeah, not knocking these mounts at all, but I like the balanced look and design of the stock mount. It just looks like it belongs there as it hugs the bumper well. I was even looking at the flip out versions before putting the stock one on.

VermontsAbarth
01-26-2014, 11:33 PM
I like the plate! I got a custom Plate on my abarth, "Its Dom" ... obviously my name is Dom9449

theporschephile
01-26-2014, 11:36 PM
ABARTH, 1 ABARTH and ABARTH 1 were taken in Ohio, so that left me with...AB4RTH.

Looks good! I hate the front plate though, even though it's required in Ohio. Was glad to see the dealer I got mine from down here in cbus doesn't install the fronts on the abarths unless asked to. They install them on all the other 500s, but specifically leave them off for us :)

Abarth Phreak
01-27-2014, 01:36 AM
I forgot to come back to this thread about my personal plate from my earlier post. Here in SoCal Area - so if you see AHBARTH flying by, it was me!!!! (Correct pronunciation implied..lol...yes, ABARTH is taken here too)

DaytonAbarth
03-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Looks good! I hate the front plate though, even though it's required in Ohio. Was glad to see the dealer I got mine from down here in cbus doesn't install the fronts on the abarths unless asked to. They install them on all the other 500s, but specifically leave them off for us :)

Mine asked me too, in Centerville. But I said yes, go ahead. They're still required and I've gotten a written warning on a previous car without so what the hell. If they ever drop the front requirement I can put a fun personalized plate on. I have the stock middle mount and think it looks fine.

And I can't think of any fun personalized plates. WHEEEEE came to mind...