PDA

View Full Version : Check engine P0922 low boost

scorpion_king
05-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Was driving and all of a sudden boom check engine. Came home plugged in my reader "P0922 turbocharger low boost". I tried to clear it with the reader and was able to but code is still stored. I disconnected the battery temenials drained the power waited 15 mins plugged them back in the code is still stored in the system. Any guesses?

RustyPaint
05-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Someone on here reported that after they had the dealer pull the front bumper off to paint it, they didn't connect all the plumbing up properly and had boost leaks. They said you could hear the hissing with you head out the window when accelerating.

FTY
05-21-2013, 02:46 AM
I'd check all your vacuum lines up top, jack the car up, pop off the belly pan and check the intercooler lines and make sure they are snug, its normal to get oil/oil residue within the system this can lubricate the lines and after a period of time allow the hoses to begin to slip and eventually pop loose and cuase a vacuum leak.

mactography
05-21-2013, 08:34 AM
If not the intercooler lines check the back right side of your engine. I had a brake vacuum line pop off during WOT when I first installed all of my mods. It caused more severe symptoms but it's worth a look.

scorpion_king
05-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Took off the tmc tune, go pedal and took it in to the local studio in the morning. They called at 4pm and had to keep it over night for further diagnoses. They didn't have any fiat loaners so they set me up with a renal. I'm stuck driving a crappy POS green Chevy Spark