PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire / Cargo Straps!

Racerflash
05-20-2013, 05:40 PM
I was taking an extended road trip with the wife a couple of weeks ago in the Abarth. We were headed to the NC mountains (and even hit the Dragon!), and I didn't want to be so far from home without a spare tire. I have a set of new racing tires but didn't want it loose in the car. So I devised a set of adjustable Cargo Straps that attach to the existing seat bolts. They are made of heavy Nylon webbing and I used snap buckles and metal grommets. I didn't want to keep them in the car all the time, so I made short connector straps that bolt in the car (using existing bolts). Then the longer adjustable Cargo Straps connect to the short straps when needed using quick release snap buckles! The short straps that remain in the car are hardly seen and I store the long straps in the pocket behind the seat. They worked great and I've since used them for suitcases, boxes, etc.

I showed pics of these to Chris at Eurocompulsion and he may soon be selling these in a kit!
Check out my pics:

redred
05-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Great idea. Well done!

trevc
05-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Cool idea!

Tweak
05-20-2013, 08:40 PM
^^^ What they said! Simply and yet very effective, nicely done.

And if I haven't mentioned it you need to join our fall Dragon group meetup! Our first event in spring was so much fun!

Racerflash
05-21-2013, 10:53 AM
^^^ What they said! Simply and yet very effective, nicely done.

And if I haven't mentioned it you need to join our fall Dragon group meetup! Our first event in spring was so much fun!

Thanks for the invite, I'm definitely down for the fall! Do you have a date yet?

Tweak
05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the invite, I'm definitely down for the fall! Do you have a date yet?

First of Oct, keep your eyes on this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FiatOnTheDragon

(Also, it is likely you'll see a lot here on the forum thread about the Dragon as well).