PDA

View Full Version : Abarth front seat headrest insert removal

chrisnov500
05-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Have anyone succesfully removed/modified this piece yet?
I know this can be done because madness sells the CF piece of this plastic.
http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=204&product_id=1282

Im thinking either paint it or wrap it to give accent in the interior..

Thanks!

NGEN
05-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Red would look awesome. I would probably contact madness directly for assistance. Perhaps they will post installation instructions for all the DIY

shadowshaggy
01-31-2014, 07:27 PM
I just found this, but yeah why isn't there a DIY on this yet? I'd like to pull mine out and paint them Rame while everything else is being done.

luka
01-31-2014, 08:32 PM
I would like to paint mine red!!!! Someone make a diy on this.

ScorpionSkins.com
01-31-2014, 10:07 PM
I don't recall the specific instructions but I know the method was pretty straightforward.... something about popping out the front face as it's only clipped in, and then removing bolts to release the rear facing half.

There was an owner on this or the other "red" forum who pulled his out and painted them red. I remember someone teasing that they looked like giant lips. Find that thread and you've found the instructions on how to remove these. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Tweak
02-01-2014, 01:41 AM
I don't recall the specific instructions but I know the method was pretty straightforward.... something about popping out the front face as it's only clipped in, and then removing bolts to release the rear facing half.

There was an owner on this or the other "red" forum who pulled his out and painted them red. I remember someone teasing that they looked like giant lips. Find that thread and you've found the instructions on how to remove these. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

There was someone on the red forum (for sure) that did this mod. ;)

ScorpionSkins.com
02-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Thanks Tweak. Found it!

I can't link you guys, but Google "Painted Abarth seat headrest insert". It'll be the first forum thread link. You'll find photos and thorough instructions.

krayzielilsmoki
02-01-2014, 02:08 AM
The madness site says easy installation using epoxy or double sided tape, so I'm guessing this just covers the stock of each.

krayzielilsmoki
02-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Here is how to remove stock piece
Google "Painted Abarth seat headrest insert". It'll be the first forum thread link. You'll find photos and thorough instructions.

modular
02-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I think I'm going to do this with red Plati-dip this spring.

ivmill
02-01-2014, 11:08 AM
I think I'm going to do this with red Plati-dip this spring.

It's super simple. As SkorpionSkins mentioned earlier you simply pull the front of it away from the seat (the longer of the two pieces.) If I recall correctly I popped it out simply with my fingers. Once that piece is off there are two star head screws to remove and then the back piece will slide out. To install do it in the reverse order. I plasti diped mine in red and was surprised by how close it matched the stitching. Nor did it come out looking like a giant pair of lips, haha. There's a picture of them in my garage but I can get better ones if anyone is that interested.

Tweak
02-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Thanks Tweak. Found it!

I can't link you guys, but Google "Painted Abarth seat headrest insert". It'll be the first forum thread link. You'll find photos and thorough instructions.

Great and thanks!

Here is how to remove stock piece
Google "Painted Abarth seat headrest insert". It'll be the first forum thread link. You'll find photos and thorough instructions.

Link removed, cross posting links to competing forums and such, I used the info above that will get people there. (Thanks ScorpSkin)

krayzielilsmoki
02-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Sorry, didn't know that was forbidden. Was trying to help.

ScorpionSkins.com
02-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Sorry, didn't know that was forbidden. Was trying to help.

I figured that might happen. It's a stupid rule, but it seems like every Fiat forum enforces it.

Tweak - N.P.

shadowshaggy
02-02-2014, 12:26 AM
I'll do a DIY next week for us :)

Abarth Phreak
02-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Great and thanks!

Link removed, cross posting links to competing forums and such, I used the info above that will get people there. (Thanks ScorpSkin)

Its great that rules are enforced, but even stranger is having no rule for being able to be a moderator in two competing forums....that seems to be a bigger worry for me, not that anything is happening with the integrity of either though.

NGEN
02-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Its great that rules are enforced, but even stranger is having no rule for being able to be a moderator in two competing forums....that seems to be a bigger worry for me, not that anything is happening with the integrity of either though.

I can definitely understand where you are coming from on this one. However, Tweak is a pretty stand up guy and is probably the best one to moderate both. He stays neutral (except when it comes to the decal/sticker debate) and keeps things under control. I would normally say having the same person moderate two competing forums is a conflict of interest but Tweak has proven that it is not an issue. Keep up the great work Tweak.

shadowshaggy
02-02-2014, 02:38 PM
+1 keep Twerking? I guess is the right statement ;)

shadowshaggy
02-02-2014, 03:20 PM
For real tho, after I get the car back I'll do a DIY since mine are being painted tomorrow. It'll look good with all the rest of the accents.

Fiat500USA
02-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone,

Just want to stop by and give the thought behind the no link policy. After years of allowing links to the other site and it never being reciprocated on their part, I've currently put a moratorium on posting links there. Still, I am not 100 percent on this because I want us to be able to get information wherever it may come from so I am open to opinions. Having said that, there are a huge amount of links flowing out of this forum to other sites which may not be that great in the eyes of Google and SEO, etc. but I'm more of a car person and I'm OK with that. Always feel free to drop me a PM if you have a suggestion or opinion. Thanks!

Tweak
02-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Hi everyone,

Just want to stop by and give the thought behind the no link policy. After years of allowing links to the other site and it never being reciprocated on their part, I've currently put a moratorium on posting links there. Still, I am not 100 percent on this because I want us to be able to get information wherever it may come from so I am open to opinions. Having said that, there are a huge amount of links flowing out of this forum to other sites which may not be that great in the eyes of Google and SEO, etc. but I'm more of a car person and I'm OK with that. Always feel free to drop me a PM if you have a suggestion or opinion. Thanks!

Thanks for dropping in and adding some insight on the matter Chris.

Also thank you to you guys for understanding on the link removal thing and you complimentary comments. I had the same concern before moving from member to staff here and told Chris I enjoy and will not leave the "other" forum, this way he was aware of the fact I would be dealing with both. I understand why the rules exist but sometimes I wish they were not a problem because both forums have a lot of great information. I have and will always do my best for each forum and never wish to take away or create a problem for either, if ever there is an issue I am always around and you can drop me a PM to discuss it.

Again, thank you all for everything including making both forums an enjoyable experience for me!