PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Abarth Cabriolet TPMS Malfunction

Hoosierguy
05-15-2013, 01:39 PM
I've got less than 2k miles on her, and have had her in the shop once due to a malfunctioning TPMS. When starting the car, the TPMS indicates "TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING UNAVAILABLE" and the the TPMS warning icon light flashes for a while and then burns steady.

When I took it in the first time, they ordered a new TPMS "module" and it resolved the problem for about 48 hours...now it's doing the same thing :fatigue:

I am most likely not the only new 2013 Abarth Cabriolet owner experiencing the same problem. Before I take it back in, I wanted to do some research that I could possible give them to assist in a quick repair. Last time they gave me a boring loaner car (500 base model) that I had to drive for a couple of days while they waited on the part to arrive.

Any others having this problem?

Thanks

Tweak
05-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Almost certain this is not a problem but I do recall some people with TPMS issues, it came down to window tint and a wifi router in a few cases, neither of which would have been thought possible to create a problem but testing revealed these items did in fact cause problems. I mention this for 2 reasons, extremely slim chance it helps as either could be a factor but also to bring to your attention the potential need for a lot of patience in diagnosing the issue.
I wish you good luck with finding a resolution.

fantod
05-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Almost certain this is not a problem but I do recall some people with TPMS issues, it came down to window tint and a wifi router in a few cases, neither of which would have been thought possible to create a problem but testing revealed these items did in fact cause problems.

I can see a wifi router causing problems with the TPMS wireless communications, but window tinting!? Wow.

Hoosierguy
05-16-2013, 03:02 PM
You mean the wi-fi router in my home interfering with the signal transmission from the TPMS module to the tire sensors? Thats bizarre...there are wi-fi signals EVERYWHERE now-a-days. I live in the country, so my wi-fi signal would be the only one that could be received while I am at home.

Tweak
05-16-2013, 10:40 PM
I can see a wifi router causing problems with the TPMS wireless communications, but window tinting!? Wow.

You mean the wi-fi router in my home interfering with the signal transmission from the TPMS module to the tire sensors? Thats bizarre...there are wi-fi signals EVERYWHERE now-a-days. I live in the country, so my wi-fi signal would be the only one that could be received while I am at home.

Although there is not many people I know of 1 and possibly 2 that have issues with the sensors when parked near their own wifi router every-time, pulling the plug and testing it doesn't cause issues so they found out for sure it was a problem. Someone else mentioned an issue that came about pretty much instantly after tint was installed. Just throwing things I have read out there so other might troubleshoot their own issues.