PDA

View Full Version : 2013 500 Sport- steering became loose on highway?

dania02525
05-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Just finished a short roadtrip, and I noticed today some looseness has developed in the steering while on the highway, because of the crown of the road, its now pulling noticeably to the right. I've only got about 1500 miles on it, so I thought maybe one of the tie rods was left loose, but they both appear to be tight. Tire pressure is matched, so its definitely something steering/suspension related.

Has anyone else experienced it? I don't think this is the same as the clunking noise I read up on here, since I have no noise, and its at high speed, not low speed. I'm going to wait to see if it gets worse, then bring it in to have it checked- as it is now it may only be 50% obvious to the service tech. Have there been rack mounting issues, or other rack related issues?

Tweak
05-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the forum.

As for the issue you have I don't recall having heard of it but I am sure others will be along with some suggestions shortly, hopefully it is a quick and simple fix for you.

FiatCares
05-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Just finished a short roadtrip, and I noticed today some looseness has developed in the steering while on the highway, because of the crown of the road, its now pulling noticeably to the right. I've only got about 1500 miles on it, so I thought maybe one of the tie rods was left loose, but they both appear to be tight. Tire pressure is matched, so its definitely something steering/suspension related.

Has anyone else experienced it? I don't think this is the same as the clunking noise I read up on here, since I have no noise, and its at high speed, not low speed. I'm going to wait to see if it gets worse, then bring it in to have it checked- as it is now it may only be 50% obvious to the service tech. Have there been rack mounting issues, or other rack related issues?

Yes, I would recommend have the studio take a look; let me know if I can be of assistance.