PDA

View Full Version : Buying New Exhaust -Comments?

Venom51
05-10-2013, 07:30 PM
So, I'm just about ready to purchase the Road Race Motorsports Corsa exhaust for my Sport. Anybody want to provide comments/suggestions about my decision? It's a lot of money and I appreciate the experience this forum provides. Thanks everyone! :eagerness:

JackandSue
05-10-2013, 08:48 PM
It's pretty much up to you. I think there's two or three forum venders that are selling different ones. Is it to increase the sound or for more flow or just for looks? Our venders offer a solution for all. I'm saving my money for one that increases flow and provides a deeper tone only because i'm using a piggyback ECM and since my wife is the racer in our family i want to be able to her her shift points while shes on track.

Venom51
05-10-2013, 09:17 PM
It's pretty much up to you. I think there's two or three forum venders that are selling different ones. Is it to increase the sound or for more flow or just for looks? Our venders offer a solution for all. I'm saving my money for one that increases flow and provides a deeper tone only because i'm using a piggyback ECM and since my wife is the racer in our family i want to be able to her her shift points while shes on track.

Thanks for the response! I'm actually kind of hoping for all the above. I'm not looking for a performance improvement, other than helping with flow. I will purchase an intake but with all of the choices, I'm still undecided. My hope is to get just a little more power and hopefully, a little better mpg. An added growl will be icing on the cake.

Thanks again for the input.

Gigante
05-10-2013, 09:18 PM
So, I'm just about ready to purchase the Road Race Motorsports Corsa exhaust for my Sport. Anybody want to provide comments/suggestions about my decision? It's a lot of money and I appreciate the experience this forum provides. Thanks everyone! :eagerness:

Hello Venom51, we have the RRMS Corsa exhaust on our 500c and we love it. This exhaust changed the note for the better, In our opinion. The sound is louder, deeper and has a great rasp to it - very old school for sure. At idle it is deep sounding and (the cold start sound is exciting and will put a smile on your face), below 3500 rpm its like stock above that to red line it's a beast. The quality is awesome and we are very happy with the RRMS products. We combined this with RRMS Timing Controller and K&N drop in filter and the sprint booster. We average 37 MPG and our car is an automatic, this is a 3 mpg improvement over stock.

If you have an opportunity look in our garage and you can see some pictures. Good luck to you in what ever you decide.

Happy motoring:burnout:

Happy and safe motoring

Venom51
05-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Hello Venom51, we have the RRMS Corsa exhaust on our 500c and we love it. This exhaust changed the note for the better, In our opinion. The sound is louder, deeper and has a great rasp to it - very old school for sure. At idle it is deep sounding and (the cold start sound is exciting and will put a smile on your face), below 3500 rpm its like stock above that to red line it's a beast. The quality is awesome and we are very happy with the RRMS products. We combined this with RRMS Timing Controller and K&N drop in filter and the sprint booster. We average 37 MPG and our car is an automatic, this is a 3 mpg improvement over stock.

If you have an opportunity look in our garage and you can see some pictures. Good luck to you in what ever you decide.

Happy motoring:burnout:

Happy and safe motoring

Great info, thank you! I think you sealed the deal for me. Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Gigante
05-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Great info, thank you! I think you sealed the deal for me. Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Your welcome. Have fun... You"ll be taking your car to redline just to hear the exhaust note and there's a surprise in between shifts while in sport mode - even with an automaticgr_grin

Venom51
05-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Your welcome. Have fun... You"ll be taking your car to redline just to hear the exhaust note and there's a surprise in between shifts while in sport mode - even with an automaticgr_grin

I'm sure I'll post all about it! :)

Sales@roadrace
05-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Can't wait to hear how you like it. Thank you for your order and remember to give us a call for any installation help or any other questions you may have. Enjoy!

-DC

Haring
05-13-2013, 08:03 PM
I still love mine. I've only had it on for about 4 months. Make sure to be really nice to your neighbors now before you install it. Especially if you get up early in the morning. Just make sure you're up for having a loud car. I've only had a few times where i wish there was a quiet switch - like visiting a cemetery. Make sure you take the time to line up the tips right when you install it. The Sport bumper makes it a pain to get it to look right. I still need to re-adjust mine. I feel like its a little sideways.

http://andegraphics.com/pics/albums/userpics/10001/exhaust2~0.JPG

Venom51
05-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Can't wait to hear how you like it. Thank you for your order and remember to give us a call for any installation help or any other questions you may have. Enjoy!

-DC

Thank you. I'm planning on posting the install process and will make sure to call if I have any questions. I can hardly wait!

Venom51
05-13-2013, 08:37 PM
I still love mine. I've only had it on for about 4 months. Make sure to be really nice to your neighbors now before you install it. Especially if you get up early in the morning. Just make sure you're up for having a loud car. I've only had a few times where i wish there was a quiet switch - like visiting a cemetery. Make sure you take the time to line up the tips right when you install it. The Sport bumper makes it a pain to get it to look right. I still need to re-adjust mine. I feel like its a little sideways.
http://andegraphics.com/pics/albums/userpics/10001/exhaust2~0.JPG

Wow, I think it looks great! Thanks for the tips (no pun intended).

Venom51
05-29-2013, 09:05 AM
I ordered the Corsa exhaust from Road Race Motorsports, received and installed it. Dealing with Road Race was great!

Just some quick info about me: I work on the cars (and motorcycle) I own, installed a catback exhaust in my previous vehicle and have good automotive knowledge (not necessarily a noob).

Here's some info concerning the install process that might prove useful to anybody considering it themselves. I also include impressions of my new exhaust at the end.

Install Process (in my opinion, this is a 2 person job):
1. I used ramps to provide better access. I kept wishing I had a hydraulic lift. Because of space, I seriously doubt it's possible to install without the use of ramps. Also, because of the pressure required to remove the factory clamp and hangers, the ramps provide a much more stable base for the car to rest.
2. The factory clamp is in a tough spot (at least mine was). I purchased a 15mm ratchet-action open/closed wrench (15mm works with the OEM and Corsa bolt). A lifesaver. It fit in the tight space and gave me enough leverage to loosen the nut. The ratchet action worked perfectly.
3. The hangers are a major pain to remove. They are doing what they are supposed to but they were really hard to remove. I removed them from the car and then removed them from the exhaust. The Corsa exhaust has curved hanging bolts and placing the hangers on takes some work. Once they're on though, they aren't going anywhere. I may be mistaken but I'm not sure it's possible to install the hangers onto the Corsa if the hangers are still on the car.
4. Adjusting the exhaust once it's on is a little tough because of the hangers. So, don't tighten the clamp all the way until you have the exhaust where you want it.
5. Patience is a plus.
6. Having help is a plus (I know I said it before but it's really a plus).
7. The install took me about 45 minutes. The hangers ate up most of the time.

Impressions:
The sound from the exhaust is beautiful. There's a nice throaty rumble when you start (the video on the Road Race website is great). The sound in the cabin is negligible, particularly at cruising speeds. This, to me, is amazing. My previous vehicle was a Mazda6 and I installed a Magnaflow catback. It sounded great but was loud at any speed. It was really annoying on trips. The Corsa sounds great around town but on the highway, in the cabin, you can barely hear it. I'm saying this twice because it really makes a difference in enjoying the car. I'm on the highway quite a bit so this was a must for me.

Without real numbers I can only say that it feels like the car has a little more go. I'm not sure if it's just me associating a fantastic sound but it feels a little better. I did install the Competizione air filter and that may have helped as well. I've received several compliments concerning the new exhaust note.

The dual tips look great. I was never a fan of the factory tip but these just look right.

Anyway, that's it! I'm extremely pleased with the exhaust and can't recommend it enough. The price is great, the buying process was great and the install was fun. Thank you Road Race Motorsports!

I'm happy to answer any questions.
:onthego:

Venom51
06-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Yikes!

A quick comment about Sport mode. I just turned it on for the first time since installing the new exhaust. The car felt like a rocket. I'm not sure if it's the butt dyno but wow, the thing felt like it wanted to take off. I'm really liking this Corsa exhaust.

Sales@roadrace
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you like the tone as you cruise at highway speeds. That was something that was important to this exhaust. how the car behaved when you're NOT trying to accelerate quickly. Just a happy subtle little tone. Enjoy. :D

-DC