PDA

View Full Version : Squeak from right front tire ???

DS Ocampo
05-10-2013, 02:47 AM
This loud squeak comes from this right front tire after driving for a minute and stays chirping unless brake is used or I make a right hand turn o-O .??? I thought it was the pads but they are still new and never have I had pads squeak and stop if I turned right.... Any ideas before I go talk to fiat in Avondale az.. That really sucks on customer service .. My brother said maybe wheel bearing ???

Berliner
05-10-2013, 03:50 AM
Ds, Fiat of Snutsdale just opened a Service Lane for Fiat 500 Drivers. Give them a Go. I bought 2 Fiats from Airpark Chrysler/ Fiat because from walking into the Studio to the Service Lane I got outstanding Service. I have been a happy German with there Service and follow up. I give Fiat of Scottsdale 5 Thumbs up for great Customer Service honesty and straight forward talk about my Concerns as a Fiat Driver. No I did not buy my Abarth from Scottsdale Fiat because some young Finance Manager pissed me off with a Fico Score over 700.

I bought my Abarth from Power Fiat on Bell Road. There Service Lane is outstanding too. The Lobby is not as fancy so do not expect they Pamper you with your Fiat because it is a Chrysler Dealer and your Fiat might be parked behind a Ram 1500.

I also give Power Fiat high Marks

for People in the Service Lane try to help you but be prepared it is a high Volume Chrysler Dealer and the Person you talked too 3 Month ago might be gone.....
and if you don,t ask for they do not wash your Baby.

Just a FYI from my End. I do not promote one Fiat Dealer over another as far as Fiat of Avondale..... They Parts Dept has been outstanding I never dealt with there Service Lane but I passed them up buying my Abarth because after 30 Mins I left the Dealer the Sales Person never returned my Calls...

Just my 2 Cents been a Fiat Owner in the Phoenix Market.

jguerdat
05-10-2013, 08:17 AM
This loud squeak comes from this right front tire after driving for a minute and stays chirping unless brake is used or I make a right hand turn o-O .??? I thought it was the pads but they are still new and never have I had pads squeak and stop if I turned right.... Any ideas before I go talk to fiat in Avondale az.. That really sucks on customer service .. My brother said maybe wheel bearing ???

Bet it's just some dirt/small stone in the brakes. You can try a couple of hard stops from highway speeds or use some of the brake cleaner designed to remove dirt embedded in the pads from your local parts store. I'll bet some heavy use of the brakes will clear it. New or used pads have nothing to do with it - it just happens sometimes. Definitely NOT the wheel bearing.

mactography
05-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Bet it's just some dirt/small stone in the brakes. You can try a couple of hard stops from highway speeds or use some of the brake cleaner designed to remove dirt embedded in the pads from your local parts store. I'll bet some heavy use of the brakes will clear it. New or used pads have nothing to do with it - it just happens sometimes. Definitely NOT the wheel bearing.

I may have to try the brake cleaner. I've got the exact same issue on the driver's side front except it occurs at random intervals and stops when the brakes are applied. The tech mentioned it was possibly glaze on the brakes, but I did try braking hard numerous times and that didn't solve the problem.

FTY
05-10-2013, 02:17 PM
I may have to try the brake cleaner. I've got the exact same issue on the driver's side front except it occurs at random intervals and stops when the brakes are applied. The tech mentioned it was possibly glaze on the brakes, but I did try braking hard numerous times and that didn't solve the problem.

Any deep scratches on the rotor? Id pop of the caliper an take a quick look.

mactography
05-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Any deep scratches on the rotor? Id pop of the caliper an take a quick look.

I'll take a look this afternoon while getting my springs and torsion bar installed! Just from glancing during my meticulous car detailing I haven't noticed anything though. :(

DS Ocampo
05-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I'll take a look this afternoon while getting my springs and torsion bar installed! Just from glancing during my meticulous car detailing I haven't noticed anything though. :(

I checked mine out no scars in the rotors :/... Tried the hard braking thing but no resolve .. Only stops when brake is applied or I turn right still.. Tried cleaning them and checked pads but nothing bad noticeable ???? Went for a drive this morning but no noise .. Now for lunch it started lol.. Was gonna take it to fiat but when the mech got in and drove it nothing was found go figure

Anyone local that wants to trade my red leather seats for the black with red strip seats?? Mine are very clean

mactography
05-10-2013, 05:28 PM
I checked mine out no scars in the rotors :/... Tried the hard braking thing but no resolve .. Only stops when brake is applied or I turn right still.. Tried cleaning them and checked pads but nothing bad noticeable ???? Went for a drive this morning but no noise .. Now for lunch it started lol.. Was gonna take it to fiat but when the mech got in and drove it nothing was found go figure

I'm getting basically the exact same symptoms just reversed to driver's side. Tried taking it in twice and no luck either time.. didn't do it with the tech in the car, haha. Probably some weird weight distribution issue... who knows.