PDA

View Full Version : Possible ECM Tune?!?!

Septiem
05-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I have been in contact with a few companies regarding a possible ECM tune for our cars. One company that specializes in VW/Audi has called me back and is willing to put the work in and has already put calls into its contacts in Europe to see what the feasibility of a tune for our North American models.

He had questions for me about what the possible market size would be for a tune. I have been telling him that from what I have seen the Abarth community is clamoring for a decent tune. I also told him that multiple companies have either tried and failed, or have found it more difficult to develop a tune than they first thought. Although, his contacts in Europe have already said they have a tune that would work on our models. They also supplied a dyno chart comparing stock to their tune.

It boils downs to this. His question to me was, does it make sense to put the work in needed to test, and or revise a tune, and try to sell it at $695 if only a handful of people will line up to buy it?

How many people would be willing to spend $700 on a decent tune, with working sport button, and boot gauge? I would love feedback!!!!

This chart was converted from metric, so take it for what it is, a preliminary outlook of what we could expect.

LittleEvil
05-08-2013, 05:12 PM
doesn't make much sense, if they are just revising a tune, that's pretty much what rrm did and charging $595 and the numbers are stronger than the ones shown in that chart. If they cant do much more than what is already offered than what is the point.

Septiem
05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
doesn't make much sense, if they are just revising a tune, that's pretty much what rrm did and charging $595 and the numbers are stronger than the ones shown in that chart. If they cant do much more than what is already offered than what is the point.

RRM does not offer a ECM tune, they have a piggyback box. At the moment no one offers an ECM tune. There are advantages and disadvatages to both. I would prefer a good tune vs a box. It can be do e so it only works in sport mode, so when not in sport you would be 100 percent stock. Also the boost gauge would read requested boost properly. And it could offer better drivability. We know the stock tune is not the best.

LittleEvil
05-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes your right. I would like to see more gains for the money though.

Daytona 500
05-08-2013, 06:31 PM
If they were the first to come to market with a tune that produced at least the same numbers that the current piggy backs offer, was OBD flashable via hand held device, was upgradeable with future mods, and addressed the drive by wire they would clean up. Look at all the MM, TMC, RR, and Maddness boxes out there not to mention the Sprint and Go pedals. You say they allready developed a tune for the NA cars what are they waiting for to release it. I wanna go faster now not later.

One last thing, make sure you communicate to them the Dodge Dart community is also waiting for a tune, so the powertrain platform is actually gaining numbers out side the Fiat circle.

Now go forth with this knowledge , and get us a tune.

trevc
05-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Yet another company claiming they can easily do what nobody else has been able to do?
Time will tell.

shagghie
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
This is said perfectly...nothing to add or subtract!!!
If they were the first to come to market with a tune that produced at least the same numbers that the current piggy backs offer, was OBD flashable via hand held device, was upgradeable with future mods, and addressed the drive by wire they would clean up. Look at all the MM, TCM, RR, and Maddness boxes out there not to mention the Sprint and Go pedals. You say they allready developed a tune for the NA cars what are they waiting for to release it. I wanna go faster now not later.

One last thing, make sure you communicate to them the Dodge Dart community is also waiting for a tune, so the powertrain platform is actually gaining numbers out side the Fiat circle.

Now go forth with this knowledge , and get us a tune.

Septiem
05-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Yet another company claiming they can easily do what nobody else has been able to do?
Time will tell.

No one is claiming anything just yet. And I have not seen anyone say anything was easy.

TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
05-08-2013, 08:24 PM
We are currently working on it and should know where we stand in the next 7-10 days, we would also be able to provide custom tuning. most importantly we would be able to start development of our Twincharger kit!

shagghie
05-08-2013, 08:56 PM
We are currently working on it and should know where we stand in the next 7-10 days, we would also be able to provide custom tuning. most importantly we would be able to start development of our Twincharger kit!
that's the ticket!
Poor Euro community are about to be massively upstaged on power for the Abarth... they are already reeling that we have 160 stock, lol. What happens when we double it??!

MUHAHAHAHAJAHAN!

sorry that was my inner voice, did I say that out loud?
My bad!

LittleEvil
05-08-2013, 09:22 PM

pics or it didn't happen lol

Mr. Man
05-09-2013, 03:00 AM

I've got a tingle in my dingle