PDA

View Full Version : Steelies

sfhpawel
05-07-2013, 04:21 PM
So, I'm in love with the stock 16's but wouldnt mind a second pair of shoes for after summer. I like to shop around for a while, I've been an impulse buyer all my life. So now I'm planning ahead lol.

I found this image on google. LOVE IT! anyone have any other stylish Steel Wheel suggestions... keep in mind I wanna stay cheap with good tires. This will be sexy winter rims.

Honestly, I would like to stick with 15/16 and try to go as wide as I can, like 7.5/8

and personally I dont know steel wheels that well. But I guess you gotta start somewhere.

-Paul6134

13VaAbarth
05-07-2013, 04:42 PM
I like the stance on that looks great and that is a Japanese car so im sure that's where those wheels come from might wanna do a search for Japanese steel wheels for fiat. I also want a set of winter rims and tires but im gonna with the the 16's that come with the abarth stock since I already have the 17inch option.

shagghie
05-07-2013, 04:46 PM

I wonder what that car's drive ratios are now? For winter, I would think longer ratios would be better for smoother starts and traction off the line and through 1st and 2nd.
The car looks dope though! The challenge with 15" is make sure they clear the front rotors, and the rear torsion bar mounts on the inside...or so I've read elsewhere here on the forums.

sfhpawel
05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I wonder what that car's drive ratios are now? For winter, I would think longer ratios would be better for smoother starts and traction off the line and through 1st and 2nd.
The car looks dope though! The challenge with 15" is make sure they clear the front rotors, and the rear torsion bar mounts on the inside...or so I've read elsewhere here on the forums.

I will def have to check on that! And i'll look into Japan Steel wheels :)

That is a good point, I will eventually be installing the sway bar, not exactly sure how it'll mount since it is different from the Abarth than on the T(we'll need fabricated brackets)

Mini Cord
05-07-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that's Photoshop. A very good one indeed, but still photoshop. Don't waste your time looking for something that does not exist.

I knew I recognized those wheels, a bit of a search proved me right. Those steelies and hubcaps come from a VW T5

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/blnc/130202/389r1/8009eb5_20.jpeg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k4/TVRTASMIN/VW%20T5%20Transporter/P1030442.jpg

And the front end... well that just comes out from a Nissan GT-R

Mini Cord
05-07-2013, 06:05 PM
The Original 15" steelies are not ugly, if they were painted silver and someone made a half hubcap, they would look quite nice.

Tweak
05-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Photoshop would be my guess as well, but it does look sweet!

I guess now the question is will the VW wheels actually fit since he likes the look of them so much?

For a plain wheel it does look really good. Make a nice track day wheel I'd think.

You mention the rear sway, I assume you're referring to the stock bar and not an after-market offering?

Mini Cord
05-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Not unless you can convert the fiat to have 5 lugnuts

http://www.seatcupra.net/martyn/t4/wheels1.jpg

Tweak
05-07-2013, 07:02 PM
And there we have it, thanks.

shagghie
05-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Another idea... check out the classic Fiat parts stores... the older fiats also use 4x98 and 15" is (was) a popular size. Just make sure center bore is more than 58.1 I believe it is, and again, check clearances. This way you also get to stay in the proper 'lineage' as well. The panasports and chromodora's used to be my favorite, and also some of the Abarth rally wheels. You can also look at the abarth wheels for the punto evo that might be available, but likely the offset will be, well, off set.

lammie200
05-07-2013, 09:10 PM
If you are really into it years ago I found someone on the interwebs that will modify steelies to what you want for a custom offset. It was a reasonable proposition from what I remember. I always that thought that it would be a great look if stock steelies had the correct offset and drop on practically any car.