PDA

View Full Version : ROAD/RACE Motorsports- What is next?

RoadRace
05-05-2013, 10:57 PM
We are looking for a few more smart products to make. Needless to say they need to enhance the 500, 500T or Abarth in a way that is meaningful. We have new products in the works now and we will tell people about it in due time but we are looking to fill the gaps from the perspective of the community. It will also have to make sense of various levels. It will need to beat the odds in a sense, value to the customer, fill a void, have real demand, uniqueness (perhaps), and make business sense. I am looking for feedback from you guys.

We will have an important announcement in a week or so too so stayed tuned. Love to hear from people. Sometimes we get and idea from an idea if you know what I mean.

ROAD/RACE

Tweak
05-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Answered on the other forum so the summarized version.

1 Cooler Air Filter box

2 Cargo/Arm rest

Abarth Five O
05-06-2013, 12:25 AM
1. DP
2. lighter battery/tray
3. other perf engine mods

Jjm4life
05-06-2013, 02:10 AM
Downpipe
A real tuning solution (obd flash)
Seats, and an airbag fix
Mini battery kit
Upgraded clutch and lightweight flywheel
poly motor/trans mounts

Seafarer61
05-06-2013, 02:39 AM
A device that attaches to the underside of the hood directly under a Corsa-style hood vent. This sliding panel, in a "on position" would redirect rain away from an open filter (nestled directly under the hood vent) so rain falls away from the filter and flows down into the engine bay. This is something that would work best if a Corsa-vent owner's Fiat is parked for hours and the owner knows it's going to rain. Open the hood, adjust the catch slide so when the hood is closed, you can't visible see the filter from above. If it pours, the water simply drops down into that area and slides down into the engine bay, not directly into your filter.

Then again, I'm wondering if an AEM filter cover would be equally as effective. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRqbvck_D4

MAZ
05-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm going to state the obvious:
ECU tune

deathshead
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
A device that attaches to the underside of the hood directly under a Corsa-style hood vent. This sliding panel, in a "on position" would redirect rain away from an open filter (nestled directly under the hood vent) so rain falls away from the filter and flows down into the engine bay. This is something that would work best if a Corsa-vent owner's Fiat is parked for hours and the owner knows it's going to rain. Open the hood, adjust the catch slide so when the hood is closed, you can't visible see the filter from above. If it pours, the water simply drops down into that area and slides down into the engine bay, not directly into your filter.

Then again, I'm wondering if an AEM filter cover would be equally as effective. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRqbvck_D4

Rain isnt going to hurt anything. more worried about leaves and acorns,rocks in the heat side.
Doing mesh on that side i think.

trevc
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
1.Hood intake that will deflect water.
2.There is a brace under the front of the car that runs from left to right. Made out of the same gauge metal as the vertical body to chassis bars that you offer an upgrade for. Would upgrading this brace by stiffening it help handling?
3. Lighter battery and tray (make the tray easier to get out too!).

Thanks!

deathshead
05-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Everyone keeps making the back section of the exhaust.
This is not making any more power.

Everyone keeps overlooking the biggest restriction in the exhaust.

The Stock mid pipe!

This mid pipe is simple, just a bend, flex joint and o2 bung.
The stock unit is press bent and has a terrible restriction in it,
This unit should be dirt cheap to build and if the price is right they would fly off shelves.
if the price is right!. way lower than $300.

Swapping out the midpipe will DOUBLE the effect of adding just the tmc, etc downpipe.

This is a SIMPLE install, and the power to $$$ ratio cannot be beat!

Heres an example of the midpipe.
Here is a unit for the Punto Evo made by G-tech in Germany.
It retails for €210.
http://i43.tinypic.com/6gdc91.jpg

Seafarer61
05-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Rain isnt going to hurt anything. more worried about leaves and acorns,rocks in the heat side.

D, you're probably right....but you have to admit, this isn't comforting. :sour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAf1ZWy8CU

RoadRace
05-06-2013, 11:30 AM
We are working on some of these things already and some you have not thought of yet. I will respond to the suggestions once we get a few more up here. Thnx

ROAD/RACE

Jjm4life
05-21-2013, 11:28 AM
We are looking for a few more smart products to make. Needless to say they need to enhance the 500, 500T or Abarth in a way that is meaningful. We have new products in the works now and we will tell people about it in due time but we are looking to fill the gaps from the perspective of the community. It will also have to make sense of various levels. It will need to beat the odds in a sense, value to the customer, fill a void, have real demand, uniqueness (perhaps), and make business sense. I am looking for feedback from you guys.

We will have an important announcement in a week or so too so stayed tuned. Love to hear from people. Sometimes we get and idea from an idea if you know what I mean.
ROAD/RACE

any news..?

shagghie
05-21-2013, 01:04 PM
1) 200 Cell DP
2) Differential like one of these: http://www.quaife.co.uk/shop/search/results/taxonomy%3A824%2C621%2C133%2C135
3) More 15x8" wheel options
4) Mid-Pipe (Deathshead's suggestion)
5) Wide-body kits

SuperTony
05-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey Rock - I will move to So. Cal if you hire me to run your R&D department at RRE. Shagghie can consult for us :-)

RoadRace
05-21-2013, 03:37 PM
We love you Super Tony. You of all can attest to how good our parts are. That said we are working on many of the things mentioned. Right now, we are circling back to power parts. We finished some small things already but have been so busy doing it, we have not talked about it.

ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Hey Rock - I will move to So. Cal if you hire me to run your R&D department at RRE. Shagghie can consult for us :-)

I see your SUPER WRAP on our intake. Love to see your air temps too via OBD. That said I would expect you intake temps to be lower than the temps outside. Haaaa Ha! That would be sweet.

ROAD/RACE

Jjm4life
05-21-2013, 05:49 PM
1) 200 Cell DP
2) Differential like one of these: http://www.quaife.co.uk/shop/search/results/taxonomy%3A824%2C621%2C133%2C135
3) More 15x8" wheel options
4) Mid-Pipe (Deathshead's suggestion)
5) Wide-body kits

Cool. Cant wait to see. Got my chassis braces yesterday, they look great. Just need to find the time to install those and my rrm brake pads

RoadRace
05-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Meantime, new roll cage, new downpipe, new performance setup that I want to keep to myself for now, and some other dress up. Meantime, we have Carbon Fiber covered pretty well but expect more in the dressup area soon. Sorry about being a little cryptic but that will change very soon. Keep looking here.

ROAD/RACE

Jjm4life
07-05-2013, 02:47 PM
bumping this thread

lookiing for

mini battery kit
motor/ trans mounts
skidplate

Mr. Man
07-05-2013, 08:18 PM
1. Mid pipe
2. Mid pipe
3. Moar midpipe

RoadRace
07-24-2013, 07:43 PM
There is so much in the works. HF Downpipes are about done, widebody, front grill, Rear seat delete, Roll Cage, version 2.0 Abarth exhaust, 500T exhaust systems....... The list just keeps going. Oh yea FMIC too.

ROAD/RACE

Abarth Five O
07-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Wow more goodies, I better start saving my corn.

500T2NV
07-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Wow more goodies, I better start saving my corn.

You and me both..... Can't wait to see the new items RRM has in store for us...

RoadRace
08-08-2013, 11:02 AM
RRM- HF Downpipe is here.

Anyone up for a REAL Carbon Fiber Roof Cap?

ROAD/RACE

Jjm4life
08-08-2013, 11:10 AM
^^ if i hadn't bought a sunroof car id be all over that.

Downpipe looks nice

My wish list:
Motor/trans mounts
Mini battery kit
A real obd2 tuning solution
Bolt in turbo upgrade
Resistors to fool Airbag/seat sensors into working so we can un aftermarket seats but still have the driver and passenger bags work properly.

redred
08-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Resistors to fool Airbag/seat sensors into working so we can un aftermarket seats but still have the driver and passenger bags work properly.

+1 on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trevc
08-08-2013, 01:46 PM
+1

Resistors to fool Airbag/seat sensors into working so we can run aftermarket seats but still have the driver and passenger bags work properly.

Abarth Five O
08-08-2013, 06:54 PM
NoJeebs is putting in AM seats. Let's see what he has up his sleeve to trick those sensors.

RoadRace
08-08-2013, 09:37 PM
NoJeebs is putting in AM seats. Let's see what he has up his sleeve to trick those sensors.

WE have the seat belt tricker. AB is another story and requires some actual research to be clean, plug/play little thing. Soooooooooooooooooooo Not likely to happen but we will look at it if there is enough folks.

ROAD/RACE

Abarth Five O
08-08-2013, 10:36 PM
WE have the seat belt tricker. AB is another story and requires some actual research to be clean, plug/play little thing. Soooooooooooooooooooo Not likely to happen but we will look at it if there is enough folks.

ROAD/RACE

I would be interested if it can easily be switched out and put the OEM seats back.

Jjm4life
08-08-2013, 10:38 PM

ROAD/RACE

Sign me up for your first one should you deem there's enough interest. I want new seats, but i cannot accept my dashboard light up like a Hanukkah bush.

RoadRace
08-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I would be interested if it can easily be switched out and put the OEM seats back.

Seat belt tricker? We swap all the time.

ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
08-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Here is one of the "Whats NExt."

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11259-ROAD-RACE-Heat-Management-Products&p=622855#post622855

ROAD/RACE

Abarth Five O
08-21-2013, 01:15 AM
There is so much in the works. HF Downpipes are about done, widebody, front grill, Rear seat delete, Roll Cage, version 2.0 Abarth exhaust, 500T exhaust systems....... The list just keeps going. Oh yea FMIC too.

ROAD/RACE

Wide body, front grill, version 2.0 Abarth exhaust, FMIC...ooh, can't wait to see these new products from R/R.biggrin

RoadRace
08-21-2013, 11:18 AM
We are finishing up bits for the car. Some need to be done before Silver State Challenge and SEMA. We are working on new parts is all. FMIC, ECM, Wide Body and other bits are getting done. We will show it soon.

ROAD/RACE