PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new flashing third brake light....

kuhnsmith
05-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I just installed this flashing light kit that I bought from 500Madness. I installed it per instructions and double and triple checked to make sure the connections are correct and they appear to be. However, no matter how I tinker with the dip switches the brake light just comes on steady per usual with no flashing action. Any ideas out there? I am assuming the ground wire to the third brake light is black and that the power wire is the blue one with the white stripe although I don't know how much difference that would make...

Tweak
05-05-2013, 09:14 PM
While I cannot help with your issue I can welcome you to the forum and make Madness aware of your need for assistance on the matter.

500MADNESS.com
05-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Give us a buzz at 562-981-6800. Ask for Art. He has installed many of these and is the most knowledgeable on this particular item out of all our guys.

We have been offering these for years and also installing them at our shop. They have been pretty bulletproof and most of the time it is a connection issue. However, if for some reason it is a defect we will promptly take care of it.

braveplayer3160
05-07-2013, 04:01 PM
I just installed this flashing light kit that I bought from 500Madness. I installed it per instructions and double and triple checked to make sure the connections are correct and they appear to be. However, no matter how I tinker with the dip switches the brake light just comes on steady per usual with no flashing action. Any ideas out there? I am assuming the ground wire to the third brake light is black and that the power wire is the blue one with the white stripe although I don't know how much difference that would make...

kuhnsmith,

I am Arthur from 500 MADNESS and just wanted to create and account and see if you were able to get the Pulsar working? It seems like you have a firm grasp on the installation of the unit and to answer your question you are correct in your assumption that the Black wire is the ground and the Blue/White wire being the 12V. When we install them here at the shop we simply snip the lead to the third brake light and install the Pulsar in between the wiring harness making sure to match the polarity of the wiring (Positive and negative) from the input and the output of the pulsar. Here is a picture that illustrates what I am typing. If you have any other questions please give me a call. My personal extension is 105 6133

Tweak
05-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Arthur.