PDA

View Full Version : Warranty question

FootScoot
04-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Would cutting the rear springs void the warranty? If so I will leave them alone, but it would look better a little lower.

Fiat500USA
04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Would cutting the rear springs void the warranty? If so I will leave them alone, but it would look better a little lower.

It wouldn't void your whole warranty. However, if you had an issue with your car and it could be shown the modification that you did caused the problem, then expect that issue not to be covered. Also, I would look into purchasing a set of springs (they aren't too much) and keeping your stock ones just in case you want to switch back.

JackandSue
04-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Don't cut your springs, go to one of the venders and order a lowering kit. They are made for our cars,easy to install then take it to Pep Boys etc for an alignment and all is good. Plus it will still be under warranty

SuperTony
04-30-2013, 01:55 PM
I will echo JackandSue. A lowering spring set will give you the ability to go back to stock if you desire. Other than cost of a new set of springs, is there a reason you would choose to cut your stock springs?

FootScoot
04-30-2013, 02:03 PM
I had just considering lowering the rear of the car, as the front looks good as is, but I look to the forum for advice from those who have done the work. You never know if you don't ask.

SuperTony
04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I agree and understand now. I ordered the 'mild drop' spring set from 500Madness. This is about a 1 inch lowering set. In my estimation, if you used the rear springs from this set it would just about accomplish exactly what you are looking to see in your rear. I put the rears on my car and the effect was not low enough (although just a little lower than stock).

Just my advice from what I have experimented with. Plus, if you still think they are not low enough, you would then have a spring set you could cut and retain your 'return to stock' option.

FootScoot
04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks SuperTony. I will order a set from Madness. Thanks for the advice too. I'm going to do just the rears first and see what's what. I may just tackle the fronts too if I feel it needs it.

SuperTony
04-30-2013, 02:48 PM
I would love to see before and after shots. Remember to take photos. Checking out photos from our peers on this forum keeps me awake at work during the day :-)

Deefourtay
04-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Glad you chose to buy springs.. Cutting springs should be highly frowned upon, I mostly see Hondas around here bouncing around on their cut springs! Lol, better to spend the extra cash & have a functional set of springs or coilovers for your car. Better safe then sorry right? I went with H&Rs and didn't regret it at all and it's reversible in case you ever resell your car in the future

FootScoot
04-30-2013, 05:20 PM
I ordered a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs from Tire rack as they are closer to me, and I will have them in a couple of days. Not that I don't like the products Madness sells, I do, but this will take less time. Madness don't worry I still need some stuff.