PDA

View Full Version : Houston Fiat Owner's Club: Houston Chapter

goosala
04-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Am I the first person to start this? Come on guys, let's do this.

shagghie
04-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Am I the first person to start this? Come on guys, let's do this.

check out txflu.org my dad's in houston and has an Abarth (and a few other classic fiats). The txflu.org also has an email list that is quite active... maybe that's a good place to start for local Abarth owners?

NGEN
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
You should come see us at NGenFiat. We have 46 members currently and are based in The Woodlands. Next event is this Sunday at Market Street. We usually have 8-10 Fiats each event but looking to grow

NGEN
05-01-2013, 02:55 PM
check out txflu.org my dad's in houston and has an Abarth (and a few other classic fiats). The txflu.org also has an email list that is quite active... maybe that's a good place to start for local Abarth owners?

Your dad must be Jeff with the '72 Abarth. I worked on his car not to long ago - repacked wheel bearings and resurfaced rotors. Nice guy. Has a '12 Abarth and a '12 Prima as well

shagghie
05-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Your dad must be Jeff with the '72 Abarth. I worked on his car not to long ago - repacked wheel bearings and resurfaced rotors. Nice guy. Has a '12 Abarth and a '12 Prima as well

Indeed that is him! He's doing all new suspension on that car as we speak, and has a pretty amazing intake system now feeding the dual carbs. Make sure to pop the hood if you see him again! I actually got my Abarth at Northside and wife and I drove it back out to So Cal..... GREAT fun!

NGEN
05-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Indeed that is him! He's doing all new suspension on that car as we speak, and has a pretty amazing intake system now feeding the dual carbs. Make sure to pop the hood if you see him again! I actually got my Abarth at Northside and wife and I drove it back out to So Cal..... GREAT fun!

Ya I've seen the engine... pretty incredible. I saw the pictures of your Abarth and your dad told me the whole story on how they did it. Priceless! Next time you are down here, you should stop by. Would love to meet you!

Sorry to hijack the thread!

shagghie
05-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Ya I've seen the engine... pretty incredible. I saw the pictures of your Abarth and your dad told me the whole story on how they did it. Priceless! Next time you are down here, you should stop by. Would love to meet you!

Sorry to hijack the thread!

pretty incredible indeed! blown away. ;-) Likewise!

Mr. Man
05-02-2013, 02:30 AM
You should come see us at NGenFiat. We have 46 members currently and are based in The Woodlands. Next event is this Sunday at Market Street. We usually have 8-10 Fiats each event but looking to grow

I've got a good friend of mine down in the woodlands. It would be nice to hang out with you guys when I go visit

NGEN
05-02-2013, 09:00 AM
I've got a good friend of mine down in the woodlands. It would be nice to hang out with you guys when I go visit

Well come on then!! ;)

aelfwyne
07-12-2015, 12:51 PM

Hey, is there an updated website for TxFLU? I spoke to your old man, who just happened to be hanging out at Northside, while I was buying my new Abarth yesterday and he was telling me about the club. Said I could just search and find it, but not having so much luck. The .ORG you linked doesn't seem to exist, and the txflu.co I found is a broken wordpress intall.