PDA

View Full Version : Argghh CEL.

13VaAbarth
04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Ok im not gonna bash the dealer I went too cause maybe its just a Coincidence that I had my cars oil changed and had them check the clanking sound that didn't show up during the drive with tech in the car. But on the way home just cruising maybe 60 mph all of a sudden I get check engine soon going across the EVIC and the lovely check engine light show up. So now im kinda thinking that the clanking may be more than a dust shield or heat shield maybe one of those crappy intercooler pipes came loose or broke this is frustrating on a new car only 1k miles.

FTY
04-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Any mods?

13VaAbarth
04-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Zero All stock so far.

FTY
04-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Any symptoms , power loss? Hesistation? Or just the CEL. It may be a simple EVAP code which is common sometimes as the system is fairly sensitive.

Tweak
04-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Any symptoms , power loss? Hesistation? Or just the CEL. It may be a simple EVAP code which is common sometimes as the system is fairly sensitive.

Sounds like time for a battery cable pull and reset possibly.

13VaAbarth
04-30-2013, 07:17 AM
Since im off today im taking it to the dealer maybe they can find the clanking as well while their at it. Nope no hesitation or power loss it seems but I wasn't driving to hard when it came on and kinda did baby it since then.

VTEC Mini
04-30-2013, 09:00 AM
If you can get the codes and add them to this thread; http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9413-CEL-Check-Engine-Light-Codes-and-Info&p=603078#post603078 that would be great! Good luck!

13VaAbarth
04-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Well back from the dealer and they said a hose came off on the boost side of the turbo which caused the CEL I do find that kinda hard to believe as I had no loss of power and the car didn't drive any differently also it happened when I was not into boost maybe a clamp wasn't tighten correctly when it left the factory. I dunno but the service was quick they did want me to leave it for awhile but I work basically everyday and can only do weekends, today I just happened to be off very rare during the week. I might try and find a dealer with more tech cause it seems everytime I go in to this dealer it will take more that an hour to check out stuff unless you have a appointment on the weekends then that's the only time they do appoinments as well.

Fiat500USA
04-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Boost leaks would cause a CEL and an occasional loose clamp have been reported on early cars. It could have just been a small leak and you may not have noticed a loss in power. Keep an eye on it and if it comes on again, run down to an autozone and they give you the code. Post the code and we can give you some input on it.

13VaAbarth
04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Yea I prolly should have done that before goin to the dealer getting the code. Will remember to do that next time I might just get a obd2 code reader so and do It myself lol. I just cant get over how the car didn't drive any differently It was in sport mode.

mactography
05-03-2013, 08:12 AM
I had a hose pop off on Tuesday afternoon myself. Car was idling high, sputtering, and throwing all kinds of lights (CEL, ETC, Hill Start unavailable, ESC unavailable). The dealer tried to blame the cold air intake for making it come off and then voiding the warranty. I fought it and after reinspection of course they say "nevermind, it wasn't the intake and warranty covers this work"... :grief:

I'm not sure what hose attaches to the back right of the engine when you're facing it, but the hose was entirely off and there was no clamp in sight according to the tech. He put a worm clamp on it and it looks to be secure now. I'm not convinced it had a clamp to begin with, but boost did make it pop off either way.