PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer Question

Venom51
04-08-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm really enjoying my new 500 Sport. I can't remember the last time a car made me smile so much. But, the sound system is weak on the bass side of things. I don't want to blast the windows but sure would like some bass. Does anyone have experience with powered enclosures like this Kenwood?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004E5OHKQ/ref=asc_df_B004E5OHKQ2461069?smid=A18CQ5FFITKTLU&tag=sdcbing681-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B004E5OHKQ

Or, any suggestions that won't break the bank? Thanks for your input!

bryanintowson
04-09-2013, 08:27 AM
I support the idea of a powered sub - especially in a car the size of ours. I'd give crutchfield a call to see if they have one that will fit under the passenger seat. I'd hate to lose any more trunk space with the addition of a sub box and an amp if you went with a more traditional setup.

Tweak
04-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I do not know of this Kenwood unit but I ran an Infinity Basslink for many many years without any issues and it really sounded great, many thought I had a higher end system than I did when they heard it (I kept it relatively low). I still have it and it still works after about 7 yrs or so but I have no intent to install it in the Abarth with the Beats system. May go into another car someday, I'd say go for it but read the reviews and find the best for the space you intend to use (and loose).

Venom51
04-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the input.

I think under the passenger seat is the way to go, so I'll look at some with the dimensions that will work (I need to measure under there). I'm hoping to give the factory speakers a break and let the powered sub take over the low-end for them. I know it won't blast but, in theory, it should provide better sound. Here's hoping!

Thanks again! :)

tvmaster
03-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Old thread, but have you, or anyone else, found a powered subwoofer for under-passenger-seat installation?

RexS
03-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Old thread, but have you, or anyone else, found a powered subwoofer for under-passenger-seat installation?

I bought this one a couple months ago, 4.5 start rating low price.
Problem is I haven't had time to install it. I'm hoping to get it in this weekend if nothing comes up again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079PSSD6N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

tvmaster
03-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Cool. Installing in an Alpine Premium system?

RexS
03-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Cool. Installing in an Alpine Premium system?

Yes, no Beats here.