PDA

View Full Version : One from today

Jjm4life
04-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Just a random pic taken today while out to lunch with friends... Nice car turnout.
2 clk black series
2 r8 v10
B5s4, ?7 rs4, b8 s4
Pantera
Boss 302.. And more that i can't remember

Best pic of the car so far and it was basically taken by accident. Ill have some good shots taken sooner or later

redred
04-08-2013, 01:39 AM
Great pic!!! Those are some great looking wheels!

FTY
04-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Car looks great with the wheels and T headlights! Big fan.

mr_robs
04-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Looks awesome man. Great ride height with that wheel setup. What coils are you on? I think i've seen you wheel specs in another thread/forum.

Ryephile
04-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Looks great buddy! :)

Jjm4life
04-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Car looks great with the wheels and T headlights! Big fan.

Thanks. Need to get in touch with you soon for a few parts that I've been meaning to pick up.

Great pic!!! Those are some great looking wheels!
Thanks.. But I think im gonna get them rebuilt wider. Maybe as much as an inch.

Looks awesome man. Great ride height with that wheel setup. What coils are you on? I think i've seen you wheel specs in another thread/forum.
Kw v1. Love the, had v3s on other cars, seemed like overkill for this one,

Looks great buddy! :)
Thanks man, but not as good as my lotus

mr_robs
04-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Nice, are you pretty much maxed out when it comes to lowering? I know the V1's/ST's dont get very low on other cars. I personally would like to run something similar to Ksport kontrol pro's that can get pretty low if desired, but still retain great adjustment ability. I agree with the overkill comment, I dont see the V3's being utilized on a non IRS rear setup.

The lotus is killer man, do you still have it?

mkawa
04-09-2013, 08:03 AM
gah! i'm so jealous of you exige guys!

deathshead
04-09-2013, 09:35 AM
looks great!

They make Ksport coilovers for the 500?
Have you had any prior experience with them?
coming from other vehicles I always was under the impression they were deemed Chinese ultra cheapskate junk.

They so look like something Harbor freight sells,

but who knows they may be amazing on our car!

Jjm4life
04-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Never had ksports. Always assumed they were low quality. I am as low as i can go in the rear unfortunately, but the ride quality is pretty damn good so its a trade off i guess. A bit lower would be nice.

Sold the lotus when i got the abarth. I built a motorcycle so thats the new toy. I live 100 yards from work and i only have parking for one car. The abarth and bike share a garage space nicely. The black lotus was actually a supercharged elise. I had an exige before and regrettably sold it. The black car became a "greatest hits". It was everything i wanted to do on the exige and more. The tillet seats may have been the best part.

And my bike.... Was featured on bikeexif.com last month, and next month its in print in a magazine called cycle source

Next project is an air cooled porsche.

FTY
04-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Great stuff..love the lotus! Allways been a big fan...its the next fun car on my list...then it will be back into a Porsche! That bike is beautiful...

Le t me know what you need, and Ill get it for you! ]

mkawa
04-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Never had ksports. Always assumed they were low quality. I am as low as i can go in the rear unfortunately, but the ride quality is pretty damn good so its a trade off i guess. A bit lower would be nice.

Sold the lotus when i got the abarth. I built a motorcycle so thats the new toy. I live 100 yards from work and i only have parking for one car. The abarth and bike share a garage space nicely. The black lotus was actually a supercharged elise. I had an exige before and regrettably sold it. The black car became a "greatest hits". It was everything i wanted to do on the exige and more. The tillet seats may have been the best part.

And my bike.... Was featured on bikeexif.com last month, and next month its in print in a magazine called cycle source

Next project is an air cooled porsche. YOU SOLD THAT?!?!? I HATE YOUUUUUU (but i love your previous cars ;)

Jjm4life
04-09-2013, 04:38 PM
YOU SOLD THAT?!?!? I HATE YOUUUUUU (but i love your previous cars ;)

Haha yea. Bike and lotus served the same purpose. I barely have the time for one toy, let alone two.

mr_robs
04-09-2013, 06:28 PM
looks great!

They make Ksport coilovers for the 500?
Have you had any prior experience with them?
coming from other vehicles I always was under the impression they were deemed Chinese ultra cheapskate junk.

They so look like something Harbor freight sells,

but who knows they may be amazing on our car!

I ran them on my 08 VW R32 for 2 years completely problem free. They were one of the nicest riding coilovers i have ever had, and they performed great at autoX.

Some people have had poor luck with them (volvo guys had components fail just after 8 months of use), but when ive concluded is it comes down to the build date of the coils. The earlier ones were crap to say the least, Ksport realized this and fixed the problem.

The thing that is great about the Ksport Kontrol pros is they are 36 adjustable (not that many people even need that), and they also come with built in camber plates for the front. An amazing add-on for people who want to slam their cars, AND for those who like a performance application. I have a feeling i will be the test mule for the 500 community when it comes to the Ksports, but i need to find somewhere that isnt charging $1600 for a set. (the vw community doesnt pay over $900 for them).

Next project is an air cooled porsche.

Like i said, in my personal experience ive never had a single problem with them. Installed correctly from the start. They never made a sound for the 20k miles they were on my car. I think it just depends on the platform really.

Thats awesome dude, the bike looks like a beast! Cant wait to see what you will do with a classic aircooled 911 (or maybe not a 911?)

Jjm4life
04-09-2013, 07:23 PM
911 for sure. Either a 964 done RSA style, or a sc backdated to a 70s longhood . Either way, a hot rod type 911.

But, plenty to come with the abarth. I really like this car. Its just funny