PDA

View Full Version : Just found out something very frustrating!!

Wiseguy
03-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Hello all,

I just purchased my 13 Abarth about 4 weeks ago and have been very carefull with it.
Today, while I was looking at the rear view mirror, I found something unusual.
I'm not sure if this huge dent is normal. There is no scratch or paint chip at all.
Please let me know if this is normal for all the Abarth owners.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9599/dent2.jpg

Corrnaus
03-30-2013, 12:38 AM
This is definitely not normal.. Go back to the dealer and figure out if they can do anything for you

lammie200
03-30-2013, 01:47 PM
It is dents like that that will cause incessant squeaking and rattling.

03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Take it back, thats damage. Warranty heaven!

hartmn
03-31-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure how they will be able to resolve that. I am concerned because it's on a corner were it's a structural bend. I would bet money that they will want to replace the whole enchilada (pun intended) and it would not be something that I would be will to do as the owner. I still have the paint chipping off around the top of front bumper of the Abarth emblem from the factory. I wouldn't trust the dealer's paint shop to do a really nice repair and the it would be as durable or flawless as rest of the bumper is once that repair is finished. My 2 cents. My problem is a known Fiat problem that I chose not to repair and just live with. Maybe that's the option for you too? Do nothing. My car also had a few ruff handling signs from shipping because their are NO factory tie down loops on the frame or front bumper so they use nylon wheel straps and man handle the cars on the train and truck ride to the dealer. My opinion based on the condition of the car upon my delivery inspections.

To bad the cars aren't made here in the USA or Italy. I believe the quality control would have, or could have been better.

en hecho en Mexico!

Eric

Hello all,

I just purchased my 13 Abarth about 4 weeks ago and have been very carefull with it.
Today, while I was looking at the rear view mirror, I found something unusual.
I'm not sure if this huge dent is normal. There is no scratch or paint chip at all.
Please let me know if this is normal for all the Abarth owners.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9599/dent2.jpg

Wiseguy
03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure how they will be able to resolve that. I am concerned because it's on a corner were it's a structural bend. I would bet money that they will want to replace the whole enchilada (pun intended) and it would not be something that I would be will to do as the owner. I still have the paint chipping off around the top of front bumper of the Abarth emblem from the factory. I wouldn't trust the dealer's paint shop to do a really nice repair and the it would be as durable or flawless as rest of the bumper is once that repair is finished. My 2 cents. My problem is a known Fiat problem that I chose not to repair and just live with. Maybe that's the option for you too? Do nothing. My car also had a few ruff handling signs from shipping because their are NO factory tie down loops on the frame or front bumper so they use nylon wheel straps and man handle the cars on the train and truck ride to the dealer. My opinion based on the condition of the car upon my delivery inspections.

To bad the cars aren't made here in the USA or Italy. I believe the quality control would have, or could have been better.

en hecho en Mexico!

Eric

:thumbsup:

This is my exact concern as well.
I simply don't trust a stealership working on my car.

I already made an appointment with my dent removal guy next Wednesday. one of the best around my area.
He said he will be able to pop it out.

Thanks for the comments guys.

VTEC Mini
04-01-2013, 02:50 PM
I have a small dent in my roof I didn't catch on delivery. Unfortunately the dealer wont warranty it unless you catch it before it goes off the lot.

sfhpawel
04-02-2013, 12:01 PM
I have a small dent in my roof I didn't catch on delivery. Unfortunately the dealer wont warranty it unless you catch it before it goes off the lot.

I was washing the Bianco this weekend, and noticed the sheet metal on the roof if very thin and can dent very easily. I hope its not just my car, but the slightest preasure makes it pop in. it dosnt stay, but still...

FTY
04-02-2013, 12:57 PM
:thumbsup:

This is my exact concern as well.
I simply don't trust a stealership working on my car.

I already made an appointment with my dent removal guy next Wednesday. one of the best around my area.
He said he will be able to pop it out.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Perfect...alot less hassle and less than money than going back to the dealer!

Tweak
04-02-2013, 11:41 PM
I was washing the Bianco this weekend, and noticed the sheet metal on the roof if very thin and can dent very easily. I hope its not just my car, but the slightest preasure makes it pop in. it dosnt stay, but still...

Welcome to the forum. The metal is indeed thin, touch-less car wash the dryer that blows the water from the car makes it sound like someone is punching the top of the car...made me re-think using them in the future!

djhace
04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
"To bad the cars aren't made here in the USA or Italy. I believe the quality control would have, or could have been better."

i don't think so. and why is it cheaper to build cars in canada then usa? they have health care. lol.

anyway, it sucks of course.

CarlosOne
06-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the forum. The metal is indeed thin, touch-less car wash the dryer that blows the water from the car makes it sound like someone is punching the top of the car...made me re-think using them in the future!

You're kidding, right?!

FootScoot
06-24-2013, 09:16 AM
My touchless car wash does the same thing. I just opt for the wash without the blow dry, besides it's $3 cheaper, and no roof rattle.

jguerdat
06-24-2013, 09:18 AM
No such issue here. Guess youse guys need to move to western NY and use Delta Sonic... ;)

cmj912
06-24-2013, 09:21 AM
lots of cheaper old school car washes have turbo dryers that are probably capable of blowing your doors off. not a good thing.

BigT
06-24-2013, 12:04 PM
yeah noticed how flimsy the roof panel was this past weekend when I was giving mine a bath. I just shrugged it off as I have had other cars where the roof did the same thing. As far as that dent in what looks to be the hatch lid I'll have to check mine now you have peaked my curiosity.