PDA

View Full Version : Powered by badge not fully sticking

Saxonite
03-27-2013, 02:49 PM
I installed the Powered by Abarth badge on my dash and the first two letters are not fully sticking like the rest of the badge. They rest an 1/8 of an inch or so off the car. Is it possible to take a hair dryer or something and heat the tape back up to make it stick. I really dont want to have to buy another badge but from the driver seat its very easy to see it coming up and bugs me.

If by chance this is posted in the wrong section the moderator can move it to where it needs to go.

Corrnaus
03-27-2013, 02:54 PM
where did you purchase it? Ebay? Get a refund and get a vinyl stick for $3 that doesn't come off and will likely last as long as you own the car

2Cool
03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Most likely issue is some residue of Armorall or other cleaning/polishing compund on the dash. You really needed to clean it well with a towel and some alcohol prior to application. You also need to make sure you do not touch the dash or sticky side while applying it.

Once it is contaminated you are pretty much s.o.l. unfortunately.

John O
03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
I installed the Powered by Abarth badge on my dash and the first two letters are not fully sticking like the rest of the badge. They rest an 1/8 of an inch or so off the car. Is it possible to take a hair dryer or something and heat the tape back up to make it stick. I really dont want to have to buy another badge but from the driver seat its very easy to see it coming up and bugs me.

Is it this one (see pic below), with the three mounting posts on the back, as well as self-stick adhesive strip?

If yes, did you cut the posts off the back???

John O.

Saxonite
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I got it from 500madness. It didnt have any posts on the back. When I was looking at the badge last night it almost looks like the tape got streched slightly from when I was placing it. I can mess with it a little bit this weekend and see if it fixes it.

Rock Abarth
03-28-2013, 05:14 PM
I got it from 500madness. It didnt have any posts on the back. When I was looking at the badge last night it almost looks like the tape got streched slightly from when I was placing it. I can mess with it a little bit this weekend and see if it fixes it.
I have the same one ordered from them. Did you purchase yours lately?

Corrnaus
03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
saw the same one on Ebay for $15 shipped

Rock Abarth
05-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Just wondering if you got it to work after. I have mine but not put on yet. It's metal and it seems like it probably won't take form to the shape of the section under the 500 emblem.

E-Fusion
10-26-2013, 12:45 AM
I put mine on the back of my hatch on the outside and have the same issue. I think the adhesive is just weak.

Tweak
10-26-2013, 01:01 AM
Just wondering if you got it to work after. I have mine but not put on yet. It's metal and it seems like it probably won't take form to the shape of the section under the 500 emblem.

Mine is in that location and temps inside did exceed 100 according to the readout, maybe it is hit and miss?