PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explore 10 and vBulletin

Fiat500USA
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Okay, so I got the auto-update on IE 10 the other day and I find out that the enter key no longer works when you try to create a post. Searching through vBulletin, it seems there is some kind of incompatibility with IE 10 - naturally! While vBulletin works on it, here is a workaround that seems to help:

Hit the F12 key and then at the top of the page that opens you'll see a tab that says "browser mode" - click on that and there is a dropdown - click IE9 - wait a second for the screen to change and then close the page that popped up. The forum should work normally then. If you close your computer down, you'll have to repeat this.

I'll be updating the forum shortly, however currently vBulletin doesn't have a fix for this yet. Really is ridiculous on the part of vBulletin as they have known about this since October. Let me know if you have any other issues.

luckymoi
03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
android here, 'cept once in a while on the pc (ugh)

hotelie1970
03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
A big thumbs down to the Microsoft IE development team for once again fixing things that aren't broke!

Fiat500USA
03-17-2013, 08:43 PM
A big thumbs down to the Microsoft IE development team for once again fixing things that aren't broke!

Between Windows 8 and now IE10, they really are tanking. To be honest, though, vBulletin is really to blame because they have known about these changes for months and haven't done anything about it. They stink also.

Tweak
03-17-2013, 09:06 PM
If you are thinking this is a mess from MS wait till Windows Blue makes it, (said to be a major update to Win8) and then Windows 9 and IE 11 which are already in the works as well, MS is now shifting to a once a year OS release similar to the way that Apple releases their OS, this is both good and bad I think in that we will see prices drop to a more reasonable price but we may end up with more Windows ME, Windows ME 2.0 AKA Windows Vista and other such problematic OS releases unless MS has truly got their act together but that remains to be seen! Anyways, SRWare Iron (Chromium based) is great and works so well with the forums, is free, like Chrome but better and without the spying aspects of Google Chrome. Opera is another nice alternative and they are shifting to webkit (from Presto) so compatibility should be very nice once that happens (sometime soon I believe).

Fiat500USA
03-17-2013, 10:25 PM
If you are thinking this is a mess from MS wait till Windows Blue makes it, (said to be a major update to Win8) and then Windows 9 and IE 11 which are already in the works as well, MS is now shifting to a once a year OS release similar to the way that Apple releases their OS, this is both good and bad I think in that we will see prices drop to a more reasonable price but we may end up with more Windows ME, Windows ME 2.0 AKA Windows Vista and other such problematic OS releases unless MS has truly got their act together but that remains to be seen! Anyways, SRWare Iron (Chromium based) is great and works so well with the forums, is free, like Chrome but better and without the spying aspects of Google Chrome. Opera is another nice alternative and they are shifting to webkit (from Presto) so compatibility should be very nice once that happens (sometime soon I believe).

I wonder how they'll shorten the development time for a new OS to once every year when they normally can't get it together during the traditional several year period. Not holding out hope for them...

Tweak
03-17-2013, 11:15 PM
I wonder how they'll shorten the development time for a new OS to once every year when they normally can't get it together during the traditional several year period. Not holding out hope for them...

I know right...this is what is supposed to happen but I feel a bit doubtful it'll workout well, I hope it does but I just feel like you, I guess I will believe it when I see it.

Fiat500USA
03-17-2013, 11:46 PM
I know right...this is what is supposed to happen but I feel a bit doubtful it'll workout well, I hope it does but I just feel like you, I guess I will believe it when I see it.

What bothers me is I'm a gamer - or used to be LOL - and hate to deal with games not being compatible or having driver issues. I just bought my wife a laptop with Windows 8 and don't have time to read up how to use it. It is the most frustrating thing jumping on it and trying to do something quickly. Can't stand it!

Tweak
03-19-2013, 12:21 AM
What bothers me is I'm a gamer - or used to be LOL - and hate to deal with games not being compatible or having driver issues. I just bought my wife a laptop with Windows 8 and don't have time to read up how to use it. It is the most frustrating thing jumping on it and trying to do something quickly. Can't stand it!

I agree, 8 is annoying but luckily you can improve it for free, download and install Classic Shell: http://www.classicshell.net/ Once installed click the Start Button/Orb and adjust it to look like Windows 7, it is SO MUCH nicer once installed and feels like it should, I hate it without this and feel like I am looking at an over-sized phone! Install CS, you and the wife will be SO much happier. As for the gaming I want to say sticking with 7 is probably best for now. :)

Fiat500USA
03-19-2013, 12:52 AM
I agree, 8 is annoying but luckily you can improve it for free, download and install Classic Shell: http://www.classicshell.net/ Once installed click the Start Button/Orb and adjust it to look like Windows 7, it is SO MUCH nicer once installed and feels like it should, I hate it without this and feel like I am looking at an over-sized phone! Install CS, you and the wife will be SO much happier. As for the gaming I want to say sticking with 7 is probably best for now. :)

Thanks, I'll do that. I bought the laptop as a gift and it is annoying see her have to hassle with the navigation of '8'. She's getting better with it, but I've only used it a couple of times so still can get "stuck" with it. I just built a new computer and went with 7.

I also dumped IE10. Waste of time. I used the F12 trick but it still was a little flaky. Hopefully vBulletin gets it together for a patch.

Tweak
03-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Thanks, I'll do that. I bought the laptop as a gift and it is annoying see her have to hassle with the navigation of '8'. She's getting better with it, but I've only used it a couple of times so still can get "stuck" with it. I just built a new computer and went with 7.

I also dumped IE10. Waste of time. I used the F12 trick but it still was a little flaky. Hopefully vBulletin gets it together for a patch.

I use and prefer Win7, recently they released IE10 for 7 and I avoided it for awhile (since I don't use it) but figured due to being fully updated, patched and secure and such I might as well get IE10 installed and over with...did that and gave it a spin to see if it is notably improved, I'd say it isn't as it is far from stable, glad I don't use it anyway! :D

I look forward to hearing your thoughts or her thoughts on 8 once that is added, it makes it feel so much more "normal" so it is a great add-on to say the least. :cool:

Wolfie
03-21-2013, 02:06 AM
Since we have our iMac we don't have to deal with Microsoft-Windows issues anymore :hail: