PDA

View Full Version : Are issues fixed for 2013??

Dr. FIAT
03-05-2013, 11:11 PM
OK, so I don't even own an Abarth yet. I will in a few weeks when some financial things are take care of. But I've been reading all these posts, which are mostly on the 2012 model (understandably). Does anyone know if the problems encountered with the first-year model have been rectified, or is there not enough history yet? For instance, have any 2013 model year owners notices rear main seal leaks, tranny leaks, etc.?? I want to thank EVERYONE on here for their excellent documentation, both positive and negative, for us noobs who are considering the purchase of this awesome little automobile!

EugeneS
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
OK, so I don't even own an Abarth yet. I will in a few weeks when some financial things are take care of. But I've been reading all these posts, which are mostly on the 2012 model (understandably). Does anyone know if the problems encountered with the first-year model have been rectified, or is there not enough history yet? For instance, have any 2013 model year owners notices rear main seal leaks, tranny leaks, etc.?? I want to thank EVERYONE on here for their excellent documentation, both positive and negative, for us noobs who are considering the purchase of this awesome little automobile!

I have a 2012, almost 15000 miles, never experienced the issues you've mentioned, so I guess they are fixed in 2013 model year...

Dr. FIAT
03-05-2013, 11:31 PM
I have a 2012, almost 15000 miles, never experienced the issues you've mentioned, so I guess they are fixed in 2013 model year...

Thanks Eugene- I realize that the number of issues has been very small for the 2012 model year, but some of them were big ones! Glad to hear you are having no issues! Thanks!

jguerdat
03-06-2013, 08:39 AM
I agree with no issues on my 2012. Remember that you see a few posts on the Internet that make it sound like there may be smoke, if not fire, but you simply don't hear about the 99+% of folks who don't have the problem(s). Yes, these can be major issues but virtually any single car can be a lemon. I had no problem investing in a "first year" car since the car had actually been built for years prior to 2012.

2Cool
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
No issues at all with my '13, but I have not yet hit 1k miles either... so a large grain of salt for this testimonial.

Dwaynek
03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
18000 kilometers on my 2012 Abarth with no issues.

Shagnwrx
03-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm at 15K miles with no issues outside of the rear window washer nozzle dribbling a bit.

FiatCACares
03-06-2013, 10:49 AM
I agree with no issues on my 2012. Remember that you see a few posts on the Internet that make it sound like there may be smoke, if not fire, but you simply don't hear about the 99+% of folks who don't have the problem(s). Yes, these can be major issues but virtually any single car can be a lemon. I had no problem investing in a "first year" car since the car had actually been built for years prior to 2012.

Jguerdat,

I'd have to agree, there have been no major issues with the 2012 Fiats. I am glad to hear everyone is enjoying their vehicles and going through the forum's I have not come across anything that we were notable to resolve. Remember if there are any concerns in the future, don't hesitate to contact myself or my US counterpart, Jonathan (FiatCares). We'd be happy to help!

03-06-2013, 12:29 PM
27500km here... Only issue, more an annoyance, is on a cold morning after starting and releasing the handbrake I get a clunk from the "stuck" rear brakes as I start moving. Only happens at about -3C and colder and only once a day but weird the rears "stick on" briefly. Otherwise the car is solid.

Barely even heard the issues you describe, almost a one off. Certainly reading the forums there are zero common problems.

djhace
03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
5k miles on my 2013, no problems. *knock on wood*

VTEC Mini
03-06-2013, 04:08 PM
2013 with 2600 miles. Side skirts separating- fixed. hatch seal coming loose at top. As far as the stereo, save your money on the Beats and go after market. I am very disappointed in it and is my one regret. With the iPod attached and all the windows down I have to crank it to 40 to hear it. Stereo and Sat radio is louder but for $700 and a 8" sub it should be much louder and hit harder. My CR-Z had the premium stereo with an 8" and it would hit so hard it would rattle plastic and shake mirrors.

MugenReplica
03-06-2013, 06:07 PM
What about all the rear license plate LED failures that people are mentioning and the HUGE expenses accrued by them if one was out of warranty?

djhace
03-06-2013, 06:18 PM
What about all the rear license plate LED failures that people are mentioning and the HUGE expenses accrued by them if one was out of warranty?

1st time i hear about it. How can you run out of the warranty? it's not like the 2012 was 5 years ago.

MugenReplica
03-06-2013, 06:49 PM
1st time i hear about it. How can you run out of the warranty? it's not like the 2012 was 5 years ago.

There's a full multi page thread about it on (other forum - Admin). Other than the rumors/issues of 2012 owners and rear main seal leaks, it's the only other thing I've read from multiple people concerning the 2012 models.

03-06-2013, 06:52 PM
There's a full multi page thread about it on here. Other than the rumors/issues of 2012 owners and rear main seal leaks, it's the only other thing I've read from multiple people concerning the 2012 models.

None of these issues have been recorded here on the Abarth! None

MugenReplica
03-06-2013, 06:57 PM
None of these issues have been recorded here on the Abarth! None

I hope so, but still something that may be of concern for FIAT 2013 OWNERS, although under the "Abarth Issues & Concerns" shouldn't it be a possible concern since they use the same parts, hatch, handle, etc?

Mr. Man
03-07-2013, 12:01 PM
10k miles on my 2013 and no major issues. Just the minor quality control issues which was fixed with absolutely no questions asked

You should stop worrying and buy the car you'll love it. And since its italian if you ever do get issues just say its the character of the car :rofl:
FWIW, the scion frs had a lot more major issues in its first year and its a toyota sooo... yeah I think FIAT's doing a good job

Dr. FIAT
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Thanks Mr. Man- I am really impressed with the overwhelming positive response from everyone on this forum. I really have no worries about quality!

Now, just help me pick out the color!!!! Grigio or Rosso- I'm so torn!

10k miles on my 2013 and no major issues. Just the minor quality control issues which was fixed with absolutely no questions asked

You should stop worrying and buy the car you'll love it. And since its italian if you ever do get issues just say its the character of the car :rofl:
FWIW, the scion frs had a lot more major issues in its first year and its a toyota sooo... yeah I think FIAT's doing a good job

Mr. Man
03-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Pick rosso its faster. And its sexy

hotelie1970
03-08-2013, 09:24 PM
4,600 miles and no issues and Mr. Man is correct; Rosso Rocks!

Dr. FIAT
03-08-2013, 10:25 PM
OK, I want the white stripe and mirror caps. White wheels or gray? They both look hot!!

SeaDawg
03-09-2013, 12:04 AM
OK, I want the white stripe and mirror caps. White wheels or gray? They both look hot!!

I vote for WHITE wheels, but the Abarth brake pads DO dust much heavier than the ones on my Sport. If you don't mind cleaning the wheels OFTEN then no problem, otherwise, go with the Hyper Black ones.

Dr. FIAT
03-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks Dawg! I'm counting on some aftermarket ceramics to come out for these cars- so white it is!

I vote for WHITE wheels, but the Abarth brake pads DO dust much heavier than the ones on my Sport. If you don't mind cleaning the wheels OFTEN then no problem, otherwise, go with the Hyper Black ones.

Mr. Man
03-09-2013, 04:56 AM
get white, they're worth the hassle.

Mossback
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks Mr. Man- I am really impressed with the overwhelming positive response from everyone on this forum. I really have no worries about quality!

Now, just help me pick out the color!!!! Grigio or Rosso- I'm so torn!

Here's how the Rosso53765377 looks with and without stripes.

FiatCares
03-15-2013, 04:05 PM

Perspective is always nice... :) Thanks, Mr. Man. Glad you are enjoying your new ride. Have a great weekend.