PDA

View Full Version : Passenger seat back angle

rustyfiat
02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
The default angle for the passenger seat back in my 2012 Abarth is too far forward to be comfortable for anyone of any height. It's incredibly annoying to have to show each passenger how to adjust it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change that default angle?

Tweak
02-23-2013, 09:24 PM
The default angle for the passenger seat back in my 2012 Abarth is too far forward to be comfortable for anyone of any height. It's incredibly annoying to have to show each passenger how to adjust it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change that default angle?

Welcome to the forum.

I leave my passenger seat pretty far reclined and no one has ever complained and always stated how comfortable it is, sorry but I don't think there is any way to change the angle though.

Mr. Man
03-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Yeah my sis is incredibly high maintenance and I've never heard a peep out of her. She loves everything about the front seat. If they complain, throw them in the back which is really uncomfortable

rustyfiat
03-03-2013, 10:39 PM
To clarify...the problem is that after the seat is folded forward, like when someone gets in the back, the position it returns to has the passenger leaning uncomfortably forward. This means that every single time the seat goes down, I have to adjust it to lean back to a comfortable position.

NC Abarth
03-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I'll have to confirm this tomorrow, but I believe it depends on the order of events when returning the seat back into position.

I think if you first push the seatback to vertical and then slide the entire seat backwards on the rails it will lock into that uncomfortable forward position, but if you first push the entire seat backwards on the rails, then push the seatback to vertical you can move it to the position you want.

I'll try it tomorrow when I bring my kid to school - not 100% sure about this, but I seem to recall noticing that last weekend.

NC Abarth
03-04-2013, 09:29 AM
I'll try it tomorrow when I bring my kid to school - not 100% sure about this, but I seem to recall noticing that last weekend.

Well I must correct myself. I could not get this to work either. Not sure what I was thinking earlier...
But if you pull the red tab again after sliding the seat back on the rails, you can adjust the seatback without moving the seat forward.

I'll be glad when my daughter is a little older/heavier so she can sit in the front seat legally. I'll have to look it up on the NC DMV - not sure if it's 80 pounds and 12 years old or if that's an and/or.