PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 Turbo

Fiatfan522
02-17-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hello and it's refreshing to find people that are so respectful and helpful to one another when it comes to a car. Reminds me of when I had Saabs. Anyways I have been looking to purchase a 500 Turbo and haven't seen much conversation about them here. If I'm wrong please let me know. I just wanted some general experiences from some Turbo owners. For example mpg, any issues since it's a new model, how you like it so far. Things like that would be appreciated. I'm coming from an Accord V6spd coupe and just miss a car with a personality so that's why I'm looking at Fiat. Thanks again to everyone.

luka
02-17-2013, 01:26 PM
I just purchased my fiat 500 turbo this past tuesday and I have to say I love this car.

Robert Nixon
02-17-2013, 03:00 PM
I agree that the FIAT community probably overall is looking for something more than the blah everyday car that most makers produce. The Turbo is still pretty new that probably a lot of owners already had a 500 and the motor heads already bought the Abarth. To me the Turbo is just the happy medium in between the basic and Abarth in price and HP, so should find a pretty good population of buyers.

Fiatfan522
02-17-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm jealous! I drove on briefly a month ago and loved it. Just wondering if you noticed any initial quality issues? Also wondering if dealers seem willing to deal on price yet? Thanks for the help.

Fiatfan522
02-17-2013, 06:08 PM
I would agree with you. I do like the Fiat approach of making something unique and engaging to drive. Most companies today are more interested in a quiet car with a lot of gadgets. Fiat is a rare fun car in today's world.

luka
02-17-2013, 06:36 PM
I got mine for a little over 21, 000 Sticker price was 22,700. I already have 1k miles on her and I had her at 110mph on the expressway the other day,and let me tell you she got there pretty quick.

FTY
02-17-2013, 06:47 PM
I think You will be super happy with the 500T, the great thing about the car is that most of the Abarth aftermarket parts will fit. The 500T like Luka and Robert Nixon said its in between the 500 and Abarth. These cars have lots of personality and Soul, they are also very rewarding to drive.

Some 500T info:

https://www.facebook.com/Eurocompulsion#!/Fiat500T

http://www.fiat500usa.com/search/label/Fiat%20500T

stubtail
02-17-2013, 08:16 PM
very happy with the 500T.
And was very happy with the deal I made with the dealer. Made my offer the salesman took it to... came back with counter offer and I restated my offer and he said okay. Negotiating took 15 minutes and I got a price that was better than I expected. No games and no big push for extras. The finance guy even found a better rate than my credit union gave me. I sound like commercial and I still find it hard to believe.:fruit:

Fiat500USA
02-17-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hello and it's refreshing to find people that are so respectful and helpful to one another when it comes to a car. Reminds me of when I had Saabs. Anyways I have been looking to purchase a 500 Turbo and haven't seen much conversation about them here. If I'm wrong please let me know. I just wanted some general experiences from some Turbo owners. For example mpg, any issues since it's a new model, how you like it so far. Things like that would be appreciated. I'm coming from an Accord V6spd coupe and just miss a car with a personality so that's why I'm looking at Fiat. Thanks again to everyone.

Welcome to the forum! Great user name! As far as cars go, I have an Abarth and the car averages around 35 - 36 mpg driving primarily in normal mode during my rural commute filled with hills and stop signs. I would imagine I would get a similar mpg rating if I had a 500 Turbo.

Tweak
02-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the forum! The 500T will make you happy, great car, only thing better is getting into an Abarth. ;)

Fiatfan522
02-18-2013, 02:17 PM
I appreciate the feedback on your average mpgs. I live in a hilly rural area in Pa and could probably expect similar mileage returns as you are achieving. I'd hoped to squeeze 40 mpg, but I know that's optimistic. Just wondering if you know if the Turbo has a lower curb weight than the Abarth?

Fiatfan522
02-18-2013, 02:25 PM
After driving the Turbo I think it's perfect for what I'm looking for. The Abarth is awesome, but I felt the Turbo was as firm as I could endure as far as suspension on our vile northeast PA roads. Plus I know I could tune the Turbo down the road. And thanks for the welcome to the forum. It's great that 500 owners are forming a great community.

Andree
02-18-2013, 08:12 PM
I appreciate the feedback on your average mpgs. I live in a hilly rural area in Pa and could probably expect similar mileage returns as you are achieving. I'd hoped to squeeze 40 mpg, but I know that's optimistic. Just wondering if you know if the Turbo has a lower curb weight than the Abarth?

Turbo has a slightly lower curb weight at 2477. Abarth is 2512. There's a handy tool on the FIAT site, where you can compare cars. It's in the Shopping Tools. Here's a link to Competitive Compare:
http://www-hostc-origin.fiatusa.com/Compare/comparetool/Compare.html#selectview_yearCode=C30

I thought the two were pretty much identical but there are apparently differences, according to the Specifications area. Turbo is a bit taller, has a tighter turning radius, more cargo space, and the seats have a tiny bit more hip room. I think they're assuming the Abarth has the Beats, because there is also a listing for seven speakers in the Abarth vs six speakers in the Turbo. You'll definitely lose cargo space with the Beats.

Another advantage, in my opinion, to the Turbo has to do with the seats and the headrest. The Abarth is one section only, no separate adjustable headrest. It also kind of angles down at the top of the seat. I didn't find that comfortable when testing seats, but it could be purely person-height opinion. It might depend on how tall your torso is to find the Abarth headrest area comfortable.

The Turbo has the round headrests, and I LOVE them on my Fiat. I can actually rest my head on the headrest, without the thing directing my vision to my feet. It's upright, not angled downwards.

You have more colors to choose from with the Turbo. And the interior leather is like the Lounge model. If you're a fan of red, the black ambiance with the red lower portion of the seats is a head turner. You can view that interior on the Fiat website here:
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/2013/500/#models

Scroll down to Internal Values, and check the red/black "L" combo.

Here's a link to a local dealer that shows many more pictures of the black/red interior of the Turbo, shown in a black car:
http://www.fiatusaoffremont.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-b4f024a30a0a0064006d346ca5da9007.htm

This is the black leather in a black Turbo: http://www.fiatusaoffremont.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-d854c7680a0a00de01e9247a312588ea.htm

I used those dealership photos to get good ideas of how different color combinations looked. No one dealership has every car in every color, so I looked at many dealership websites when I was shopping.