PDA

View Full Version : NIVEUS Review

Oliver500
02-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Hello guys, some of you may know me from other forums and now ive invaded this one! If you dont know me, you soon will. but i just wanted to give you a short overview of the new Niveus CAI from 500MADNESS.

So by now I am sure those that are keeping up with the latest performance mods are aware that 500MADNESS has a new intake system for the non-turbo 500s, the Niveus. I got one in over the weekend and installed it in my 500 POP. now after a few days of driving and some other members recieving their intakes i wanted to share what all the hype is about.

My Pop had the MOPAR CAI installed up until a week ago and that is what i will use to compare the new NIVEUS. both intakes are "cold" air intakes that locate the filter unit in front of the left front tire inside the fender.
i had the mopar intake on when i dynoed my car and got a gain of around 7hp (i dont care what the argument is for power improvments, i have it on paper) and from the new intake i cant FEEL more power being made, but i notice a change in teh torque band. there is much more low end torque felt between 1500-3000 rpm. in the upper rpms there seems to be less drop off than with the MOPAR CAI.
the NOISE!!!! holy cow this thing sounds great. there is a very crisp roar at upper rpms and a nice mellow growl at the lower rpms. when in top gear and hitting the gas, you get this smoothe gurggle, i dont know how to describe it but it sounds really nice. there does though seem to be a bit rougher sound at idle (900 rpm area).
this intake also looks great under the hood. nice, thick white tubeing just swooping and diving down the radiator. Im really hoping that it doesnt stain, but even if it does it will just add character.

now word to the wise, installing this intake does require some mechanical know-how. i installed this without instructions and it took about 1.5 hours, so with instruction maybe it would take an hour? a few tips though, hand tighten the screw on the top of the engine before attempting to use the allen head, and also DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE BYPASS VALVE TO THE TUBE. THAT THING WILL ALMOST HOLD ON BY ITSELF!!!

this thing is fantastic and i wish i could have bought it sooner! you wont regret installing this! Thank you Jay for hooking me up.

500MADNESS.com
02-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Glad to hear you like the new intake. Lot's of time and effort went in to making it just right.

We were taking orders over the phone and did not even get a chance to list the intake on the site. That was taken care of today.

The product description and detailed photos are now online. Here is the direct link to the product:

http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=niveus&category_id=0&product_id=1648

We are also doing a introductory promo and are offering the intake at a $50 discount to get it launched! As always if we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call us at 562-981-6800.

msjulie33
02-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Where does the lower screw attach to ? The shadow view of the piece on the madness site shows some kind of fastening there...thanks

Oliver500
02-15-2013, 12:50 AM
the bolt applies to the far left bolt of the bumper frame area (technical i know)

msjulie33
02-15-2013, 01:07 AM
awaiting good weather so you can take some pics :)

Oliver500
02-15-2013, 01:23 AM
no kidding, its been raining since i woke up.

and i also noticed an improvement in my mpg, kinda.
at 55mph im ideling at 2300 or so instead of 2500 that i had been with the MOPAR. and there is a similar gain at 45 mph. no real improvment on overall mileage as i cant keep my foot out of it.

500MADNESS.com
08-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Update!

This intake has become a pretty popular upgrade and has sold out several times. This last time we got a bit behind and some folks had to wait for a couple of weeks to get their unit.

In order to keep up we have been increasing inventory and building more to make sure we can keep units in stock for quick shipment and order fulfillment.

We are happy to say that we just finished our last batch and now have the product back in stock!

So, if you do not have an ABARTH or a 500T this is one of the best, if not the best designed Cold Air Intake on the market and the only one used in Professional Competition on a Non Turbo 500 (Pirelli World Challenge).

If you have any questions about this or any of our other intakes or performance products please do not hesitate to reach out.