PDA

View Full Version : Just traded in a '13 Genesis Coupe Track for an Abarth.

2Cool
02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes, I traded in a car less than a year old with only 8k miles on it for a brand new '13 Grigio Abarth, with all options except TomTom. The folks at Field's Fiat were scratching their heads on that one too.

I liked the GenCoupe, at 348hp with 6spd and rear drive it was a blast to drive. Had it up on the Tail of the Dragon two months after purchase and had no complaints. Leather interior, nav, sunroof, Brembos all around, all were very cool.

I just wanted to get back to the same feeling I had when I owned an '02 MINI Cooper S, small size, fits my needs, decent handling and performance. The Hyundai began to pale quickly after purchase, the car's lines started to grate on me, and the resale value cliff the brand still has was looming.

So despite my wife being a bit upset, I decided to change. Loving it so far. Suddenly I have plenty of room in the garage, I have yet to see another Abarth locally, and people generally really love the car. Just needs springs, an ECU tweak for a bit more power, and some minor items to make it perfect.

I have a lot of car experience, with my cars going backwards in time from my current Abarth, to the '13 GenCoupe, to the pullied '07 Shelby GT500 before that (made 545whp), to the '02 Z06, '04 Merc SLK32 AMG, '04 GTO with STS turbo, '03 Evo VIII, '02 MINI Cooper S, '02 Miata Sport, etc. I like cars, I like a wide range of cars, and like working on them.

Happy to be here, and happier that I can actually access this board from base, as the USAF tends to websense everything anyone likes.

Robert Nixon
02-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Wow, welcome to the Abarth club! Sounds like your story is a great example of the passion that Fiat attracts too! I traded in a convertible Mustang GT (not a Shelby!) too!

b56.1m6
02-12-2013, 11:57 AM
SRT8 Challenger was my trade. Welcome to the club no regrets here either, the Challenger was a beautiful car but it was so big, so thirsty and so expensive.

FTY
02-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Welcome aboard...I dont think you will regret the move at all, the car is very rewarding to drive to say the least. Lots of use have come from high powered cars and this little car seems to keep you entertained without sporting the big numbers. Its a very fun car, with classic lines and a classic soul doused with modern anemities. I miss my Porsches..but I wouldnt trade this for it.

trevc
02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the Forum. Lots of good vendors here to help you with the mods.

2Cool
02-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Front and rear sidemarkers off right now for a couple coats of VHT Nightshade. Did not care for how they broke up the lines of the car.

Mr. Man
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Thank god you traded in that gen coupe. Hyundai needs to look beyond numbers if they want to be taken seriously in the sporty/sports car segment. And that grille.... Idk what they were thinking. I cant describe the way it looks to me because many will be offended by the language needed to describe it :rofl:

HiFi Guy
02-12-2013, 11:00 PM
I saw your trade yesterday while getting my 8K mile service done. Nice folks at the studio.

2Cool
02-12-2013, 11:07 PM
I saw your trade yesterday while getting my 8K mile service done. Nice folks at the studio.

I was pretty happy with both Tom, my salesman, and their finance guy. Paid a bit too much for the addons, but they gave it to me at invoice plus those things. Plus a decent trade compared to quote from both Carmax and the Fiat dealer in Melbourne.

deathshead
02-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Many of us are very happy with the Abarth coming from much more powerfull cars.

check out a catless downpipe and intake such as the ATM unit so much better top end-power delivery that makes the car
even more enjoyable.

HiFi Guy
03-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Weird...I was at the studio today when they sold your Genesis. A gentleman in his 50s with a long gray ponytail bought it.

Deefourtay
03-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Pretty Similar to me.. ;] Drove my Fiat Pop more then my GenCoupe, So.. I decided to trade both in for an Abarth! The small size is great for zipping through city traffic & parking is a lot better.

1985 Toyota MR2
1992 Lexus SC300
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
2002 Lexus IS300
2004 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII GSR SSL
2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder (Special Edition)
2009 Scion XB
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
2012 Fiat 500 Pop
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth