PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone feature OS 6.1

Thad
02-06-2013, 11:22 AM
I just found that with the iPhone OS 6.1 update, when the phone is connected via USB to the car, you can now navigate music using the phone.

trevc
02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes, finally!
I still have to put the volume up to about 30 to hear my iphone music through the USB port on the Bose stereo. Is it the same for others?

whatebahw
02-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes, finally!
I still have to put the volume up to about 30 to hear my iphone music through the USB port on the Bose stereo. Is it the same for others?

Yes. Music from the iPhone is noticeably quieter than the Sirius volumes. As far as I can tell this effect exists over the aux jack as well and also when using a USB stick. The best way I have found to get full volume from your own music files is to record the MP3s to a cd. (make sure the gain it set as high as possible (http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/)). This sucks however because I cant figure out how to shuffle a cd in the Abarth. Also I have been using Plex (http://www.plexapp.com/) to stream my library to the car over iPhone but the sound quality and volume problems persist to make this solution less than ideal. I'm sure normal audio cds could be used as well but special care would need to be taken when burning to ensure volume levels are preserved.

It seems a shame that in this day and age I need a car full of cds in order to properly hear my music but if I have made a couple of "demo" cds to keep in the car that contain the type of songs that can put the beats system through its paces.

Has anyone else come up with a solution?

Haring
02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks for mentioning this. I usually stream music because I hate using the Fiat to find my music. Now that its easier I can put more on my phone. Woohoo!!!

Thad
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
The volume issue appears to be a universal problem with other USB based car systems too. I saw a similar complaint about much lower audio levels via USB in a Ford forum. I know my music has been properly transferred into the phone. I've never heard a good resolution on this one.

Venom51
03-16-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm a little disappointed with the volume and quality. But, I found that by changing the EQ settings on my iPhone (currently set to "loudness"), it helps just a bit with the volume levels.