PDA

View Full Version : 7800 miles and interior buzzing

Mr. Man
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
As the title says, my car has 7800 miles and i noticed the interior plastics are starting to creak and buzz. It gets worse if i drive over crappy roads. Is this something I'm just going to have to deal with because of the cars low price point? I hope not because not even my cavalier was rattle free before the dash cracked. What do you guys think?

P.S. My radio buttons are.losing their color too, would the dealer be able to fix that

msjulie33
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Are you in a location where it's gotten much colder recently? That can sometimes cause that issue but even so, I'd take it to the dealer when full-rattle is happening and get them to fix it..

Fiat500USA
01-30-2013, 01:31 AM
I've had a Prima that I put 10,000 miles on and my Abarth has just about 8,000 miles on it. No problems with both and I drive on rotten NY roads. I personally can't imagine a Cavalier being tighter than a 500, but anything is possible. As far creaking, etc when going down rough roads, I could imagine that driving fast enough over a really horrible road would bring out interior noises in all but the most expensive cars. Lots of variables here. Definitely take advantage of the warranty if it is driving you crazy.

Mr. Man
01-30-2013, 02:09 AM
It took me awhile to notice since i am constantly listening to music. Its not that bad yet but the fact that its starting so early is worrisome. The weather hasnt been bad at all here in texas. But it has been a bit erratic, like god was flicking the cold switch on and off repeatedly.

Rock Abarth
01-30-2013, 06:54 PM
As the title says, my car has 7800 miles and i noticed the interior plastics are starting to creak and buzz. It gets worse if i drive over crappy roads. Is this something I'm just going to have to deal with because of the cars low price point? I hope not because not even my cavalier was rattle free before the dash cracked. What do you guys think?

P.S. My radio buttons are.losing their color too, would the dealer be able to fix that

My Abarth has the creaking sound as well. It took a while to figure out where it was coming from. Kind of sounded like the windshield area but then learned it was from the whole dome light assembly. Get someone to push against the dome light assembly while it happens and if it goes away, then that would be it. I just don't know how to go about fixing it. I feel like I'll be wasting my time taking it to the dealer as it is intermittent. My drivers door window also makes a similar creaking sound sometimes. All I do is very lightly loosen the window and it goes away. I'm also one of those people who hears every little noise and every little noise bothers me.

Mr. Man
01-30-2013, 08:23 PM
I'll be taking my car to the dealer tomorrow since they also messed up my side skirts when they changed the oil. My taillights also have water in them, its like my car is falling apart. I am disappoint :(

Thomas
01-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Is there anything else wrong with your car, as it doesn't sound like its falling apart to me (from what you have indicated above)?

paook
01-31-2013, 02:08 AM
My Abarth's buzzing (odometer=5,XXXX) comes from the shifter area. If I press my right knee to the right while driving, it stops.

Mr. Man
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Its not literally falling apart, its just frustrating to have to drive back and forth between the dealership for minor issues when the closest one is like 30 minutes to an hour away, depending on traffic. it makes the issues more annoying than they really are

Fiat500USA
02-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Its not literally falling apart, its just frustrating to have to drive back and forth between the dealership for minor issues when the closest one is like 30 minutes to an hour away, depending on traffic. it makes the issues more annoying than they really are

My dealer is an hour and a half away, so 3 hours round trip through Westchester county traffic (horrible) and pot holes. I'd love to drive a half hour to a dealer. LOL Seriously though, I understand it can be a hassle to bring a car in, so I hope it all works out for you. Sometimes a new car can have some issues that just need to be ironed out. Thank goodness for warranties and things like that. Good luck! fingersx

GreyBarth
06-04-2014, 04:16 PM
My driver and passenger side windows creak, buzz, make an stupid noise. Started around 6000 or 7000 sunny California miles. Believe its a vibration where the plastic weather proofing is attached to the door that the window is in when closed. It subsides some when the window is cracked open a wee bit. Thinkin about putting some lube along the plastic weatherproofing lining where it connects to the metal of the door. Any thoughts? Don't want to use a lube that will degrade plastic. Maybe some bike lube.