PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Owners: What is your Max Boost?

dsmithpdx
01-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi all,

I have 575 miles on my 2013 Abarth now, so I've been starting to get into the throttle a lot more. I've noticed that the max boost I ever see on the gauge is about 16 PSI. My understanding is that it should top out at 18 PSI. The typical behavior seems to be that upon putting the pedal to the floor, boost spikes to 16, falls to 13 or so, and then starts climbing again. So I was curious: are you other 2013 owners seeing the full 18 PSI? I don't hear any of the typical signs of a boost leak or anything, and the car FEELS strong, so perhaps the gauge is just a suggestion? Thanks!

sk8ace
01-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Same here. That is normal. It's not actual boost it's requested boost by the ecu. (or something like that)

dsmithpdx
01-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Ok, I had read that somewhere else on this forum. Kinda makes me want to install an ACTUAL boost gauge! :excitement:

Deefourtay
01-29-2013, 09:07 PM
My car does this as well.. May be it could be a normal thing after all

Welchlin
01-29-2013, 10:41 PM
I have a stock Abarth with 2500 miles and I've seen the boost gauge jump between 18 and 20psi

Mr. Man
01-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Mine goes to about 19 psi then drops to 16

dsmithpdx
01-31-2013, 01:32 PM
So it seems to be very inconsistent across different cars... I wonder if different cars are really developing different levels of boost (3 PSI is a pretty significant delta), or if the gauge is perhaps just very inaccurate? If I'm really missing out on 2-3 PSI, I want it back! :apologetic:

Scorponix
01-31-2013, 02:27 PM
W/ the MM PP and ECU upgrade I've seen mine hit 20s.

Deefourtay
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Now that my car is running normal again, I average between 16-19 PSI! Hopes it stays that wayy.. fingersx

deathshead
02-01-2013, 09:33 AM
You cant trust the stock boost guage, think of it as one of those useless "economy" guages that some of the benzes have/had.. It pulls its info from the ECU on what boost it "should be" producing. it does not actually pull from map, etc.

I run an app called torque that pulls actuall manifold pressure, it shows consistant 20-21psi.

What we need is a ring that fits in the stock boost guage pod position to fit a real gauge and still look factory. therre is a guy in italy that makes them. Im trying to get a buy together on them.

satellite
02-12-2013, 03:25 AM
You cant trust the stock boost guage, think of it as one of those useless "economy" guages that some of the benzes have/had.. It pulls its info from the ECU on what boost it "should be" producing. it does not actually pull from map, etc.

I run an app called torque that pulls actuall manifold pressure, it shows consistant 20-21psi.

What we need is a ring that fits in the stock boost guage pod position to fit a real gauge and still look factory. therre is a guy in italy that makes them. Im trying to get a buy together on them.

Do you use WiFi with that Torque program to connect?

deathshead
02-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Do you use WiFi with that Torque program to connect?

no, its a bluetooth odb2 dongle, you can pick them up on amazon for about $12 bucks shipped

Torque is an awesome little app,
they also have a plugin where you can record incar video and it will overlay any of your data, speedo, boost guages, etc..
really need app.

So for under $20 you get a full code reader, real time data, logging, etc etc.. How can you beat that?

squeeze
02-12-2013, 11:04 AM
linky??

Looked around on amazon, couldn't find one!

I have a Samsung smartphone tho...will it work?

tia!

EDIT: nvm, figured it all out!!

satellite
02-12-2013, 10:01 PM
no, its a bluetooth odb2 dongle, you can pick them up on amazon for about $12 bucks shipped

Torque is an awesome little app,
they also have a plugin where you can record incar video and it will overlay any of your data, speedo, boost guages, etc..
really need app.

So for under $20 you get a full code reader, real time data, logging, etc etc.. How can you beat that?

Hmm...weird. I have two different obd2 dongles and they don't work in my Abarth for some reason. Worked in other cars. I just thought it was the Blue&Me system causing issues.

jguerdat
02-13-2013, 09:36 AM
linky??

Looked around on amazon, couldn't find one!

I have a Samsung smartphone tho...will it work?

tia!

EDIT: nvm, figured it all out!!

Here's the one I ordered (yes, I see you found some):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UR7J6I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Problem is, it's now about 10 days since I ordered and no info on shipping. I tried contacting the seller with no luck. Ordered another off eBay as a backup. Will see how it turns out or if I cancel the Amazon order.