PDA

View Full Version : The Passenger Seat Adjustment

rovo64
01-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Iíve noticed that the passenger sent doesnít go as far back as the driverís seat. Iím talking about maybe 5Ē difference. Iíve lifted up the seat lever several times and pushed back on the seat and it still will not move back any further. The seat mounting guides that are mounted to floor board are the same as the driverís side. Very strange.

luckymoi
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Which model? What model year?
I've not seen this, 2012 cabrio lounge, DoD 27Jul2011
Passenger seat in mine is all the way back, all the time.

Robert Nixon
01-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Are you saying there is still more track for the seat to move back but it's stuck or something? Does your passenger stand 7 feet tall and it's an issue, or just an observation? Now I'm curious and have to check my car to see if it's like yours!

Dwaynek
01-26-2013, 12:41 AM
both move back the same in Abarth!

Fiat500USA
01-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Could there possibly be something stuck in the seat track, like a black pen or something else that may be difficult to see? I speak from experience in other cars having something jam the seat.

djhace
01-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Could there possibly be something stuck in the seat track, like a black pen or something else that may be difficult to see? I speak from experience in other cars having something jam the seat.

yeah, i would move that seat all forward and then look from the driver side if there something stuck there.

rovo64
01-28-2013, 02:02 PM
This is on a 2013 Abarth. I'm going to look it over again tonight. I'll let all know my findings.

rovo64
01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Well I looked at it again last night. Nothing is stuck in the track. The exposed teeth latch count on the driver's side is 14. That's with the seat pushed all the way back. The passenger side shows an exposed count of only 10 teeth. (Latch points). The only thing I can come up with is the air bag distance from the dash board to the passenger. A safety requirement maybe. Seeing how the driver's air bag is in the steering wheel. Are it could be one seat is for long legged people, the other for short legged. Who knows. It is what it is.