PDA

View Full Version : Front and Passenger Seatbelt Installation

marisag
01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
helloo there! I recently purchased a 500 which i absolutely love however because the Gucci edition had been sold out by the time I made my purchase. The stripe red and green seatbelts were a huge draw for me and luckily I was able to find the Gucci seatbelts through Fiat. I am wondering if anyone has any experience installing seatbelts in the front and what advice and pointers they might give as far as technique and what to look out for. Thanks =)

marisag
02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
unfortunately the job ended up being a bigger task than initially anticipated and was something i had to take into the dealership to complete. it was a 3 hour process in all as they had to remove the back interior and all the paneling just to access the seatbelts. but the final product is wonderful !

msjulie33
02-23-2013, 01:28 AM
looks nice, glad you're happy. i went through similar 'extremes' to get the seats I 'needed' in my car :)

Fiat500USA
02-23-2013, 02:18 AM
unfortunately the job ended up being a bigger task than initially anticipated and was something i had to take into the dealership to complete. it was a 3 hour process in all as they had to remove the back interior and all the paneling just to access the seatbelts. but the final product is wonderful !

Very nice!

vanzuidt
03-23-2013, 03:40 AM
Looks good! I was wondereing how the front seat belts were installed/uninstalled. I would eventually like to put a 4 point harness up front for track use once I decide on what roll cage to go with.

The rear seat belts were an absolute bear to get out thanks to all the locktite used at the factory when I did my rear seat delete.

CSCS
03-23-2013, 04:09 PM
You need to be extremely careful when removing/installing the front seat belts. There is a tiny little plastic clip on the seat belt pre-tensioners that needs to come off so you can remove the pre-tensioners ( these sit behind the interior panel that runs along the floor/door ). If you break this little plastic clip or forget to put it back in, the signal for the airbags will get ground out and it will trigger your airbag failure warning. The service department can not order these plastic clips individually and you will need a new wire harness for the entire car at a cost of ~$3,000 & minimum 12 shop hours of labor for install. I found this out the hard way when my Abarth interior was installed. Luckily for me the service department had removed a wire harness from a different car a week prior and found the clips in their junk parts bin. I only had to pay 2.5 hours labor for the repair.

shadyabarth
03-10-2014, 10:29 AM
I am in the process of removing my front seatbelts to install the flame red ones but how do you release the front anchor latch?