PDA

View Full Version : Vibration at 3000 RPM

topofsteel
01-19-2013, 07:37 AM
I have a 500T. When i'm getting on it a little, I feel an uncomfortable vibration through the peddle in every gear between 3000 and 4000 or so RPM's. Most notably in 2nd and 3rd, because i'm in that range for longer. I feel it in the steering wheel some too. It's out of place and inconsistent. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, there is a stop sign near my house where I have to wait my turn heading up hill. When I rev to move forward, then let up on the gas and push in the clutch in, I hear a fluttering winding down. This may be the natural sound of the turbo, but it doesn't sound good. but I don't know because I don't have a chance to hear it winding down like that very often. Thanks.

Tweak
01-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I have a 500T. When i'm getting on it a little, I feel an uncomfortable vibration through the peddle in every gear between 3000 and 4000 or so RPM's. Most notably in 2nd and 3rd, because i'm in that range for longer. I feel it in the steering wheel some too. It's out of place and inconsistent. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, there is a stop sign near my house where I have to wait my turn heading up hill. When I rev to move forward, then let up on the gas and push in the clutch in, I hear a fluttering winding down. This may be the natural sound of the turbo, but it doesn't sound good. but I don't know because I don't have a chance to hear it winding down like that very often. Thanks.

I can't speak of the vibration but the winding down or fluttering is likely just turbo chatter, something you can hear in my video for reference to compare...
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?8182-New-intake-installed&p=587797#post587797

If you go to Cars & Coffee in Cary perhaps we can meet sometime and you can hear and see it. :)

topofsteel
01-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Sounds good, it looks like there is one on the 2nd. I'll PM you before and get some details if you don't mind.

Tweak
01-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Sounds good, it looks like there is one on the 2nd. I'll PM you before and get some details if you don't mind.

Sounds great, there are a few people I catch up with from the other forum in Cary for C&C, I intend to go to Feb but sadly after that I may not be making it due to some changes that will keep me busy every Sat, not happy about it but it is a need. :) PM me with any questions or concerns.