PDA

View Full Version : leather seat owners...

squeeze
01-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Anyone else finding the driver's side gets a "bubble" (stretch) fairly quick?

I've got one developing in mine and I'm not a large guy...

tia!

pastor passum
01-18-2013, 02:26 AM
No. I am a large guy, 270 Lbs and with 11,000+ miles on the leather Abarth seats there is no stretching that I can see.

stevenvillatoro
01-18-2013, 03:22 AM
All good automotive leather will stretch. It's a recurring topic on high-end car forums. A natural trait of leather is that it stretches, and it just adds to the character of the car. As stated on one Porsche forum, "if you want perfection, buy vinyl."

Dwaynek
01-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Mine stretched on the passenger side. However it is the charater of the seats

squeeze
01-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Well, I'm 5'11" 180lbs, and mine is getting a noticeable stretch dimple. I don't keep 21 rolls of quarters in my back pocket either, so it ain't that!

:)

Good to see a range of responses. Thanks much fellas!

Thomas
01-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I have the same thing, but it doesn't seem to get much worse over time ( at least over a 6 month period). One other thing to watch out for: be careful getting in and out of the driver's seat if you have anything like a cell phone holder on your belt. The leather is so soft that it gets frayed.

Deefourtay
01-30-2013, 03:39 PM
The stretching is nothing to worry about, the leather in my Genesis Coupe was crappy.. It became brittle, scuffed, & thin in less then 1 year, the Abarth has way better Leather Quality compared to it =]

deathshead
02-01-2013, 09:30 AM
are you talking about a little bit of sag-stretch in the seat bottoms?

They all seem to do this a little bit, when i was researching the Abarth I checked out many
high mileage cars in Europe, many original 08' cars etc.. they all have a little bit of this. but
I havent seen many seats with actual cracks, lose of color etc..

Im a BIG boy. and my seats are holding up well after 4800 miles, although I do have some wrinkling
on the left bottom bolster. There is nothing you can do about it unfortunatly.

rovo64
02-07-2013, 04:05 PM
The driver's seat is starting to bubble up as well. Also the under padding in the center is a little deformed when you run your hand over it.