PDA

View Full Version : USB Port in Glove Box Stopped Working

Visivo
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi All,

I love my Fiat 500 Sport!

All of a sudden, the USB port in the glove box stopped working. This was used since day one to power my iPod and/or iPhone, which would play via the TomTom media player on the dash.

One day, the USB port stopped recognizing anything plugged into it. I have tried several different cables; different iPods / iPhones. Port seems to have died.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Jordan

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
01-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I would disconnect battery for 5/10 mins then reconnect. Make sure terminals are tight. If that doesn't work, go to studio.

FTY
01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
+1

Visivo
01-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the tip... Before I saw your reply what I did was pull all of the fuses out and re-seat them (still not entirely certain from the diagram which fuse controls the USB in the glove box). This seemed to work, as the stereo system once again recognizes devices plugged into the USB port. If this issue happens again, I will try your battery tip, and report back.

Thanks again,

- Jordan

rx191
01-17-2013, 02:37 AM
i have had this happen too, the only fuses you have to pull are for the radio. Fuse 5 and fuse 10 under the dash. For our car it's a bad usb drive that causes the unit to stop working. I really need to mark that drive.

rrc142
08-10-2014, 04:57 PM
I just had this problem and will try the same solution. I will let you know how it works. My Ford Focus had this issue to. I had to do a fuse-pull every 3-4 months just to keep it working.

atomicflounder
09-19-2014, 02:23 PM
when you pull these fuses, do you lose your saved stations? Just had this happen for the first time. I suspect it may have something to do with plugging in a dodgy phone charger. Ever since I plugged that in and removed, the USB in the glove box stopped?

Any chance I'm on to something?

atomicflounder
10-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Ok, tried it the other day, still no love from the USB port. I tried the iPOD classic plugged in, nothing. Formatted a 64GB stick FAT32 (not a straightforward thing in win7, need another app to do it), nada. Then, tried the cool silver scorpion stick I got in the mail from fiat, nothing. But, I think my fuse removal might have been wrong.... I removed one fuse, then reinserted, then I removed the other fuse and reinserted. Should I have had both fuses out at the same time to do a true reset?

atomicflounder
10-03-2014, 07:12 PM
GOT IT! Woo hoo! Had to remove both and reinsert, not one at a time, take both out, put both in (fuses, that is). 64GB stick working like a champ (after getting the format right). Now, to upgrade to a 128...

eco7077
03-29-2016, 06:59 PM
Hi All,

I love my Fiat 500 Sport!

All of a sudden, the USB port in the glove box stopped working. This was used since day one to power my iPod and/or iPhone, which would play via the TomTom media player on the dash.

One day, the USB port stopped recognizing anything plugged into it. I have tried several different cables; different iPods / iPhones. Port seems to have died.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Jordan

Same happened with mine. disconnecting the car's battery?

SeattleAbarth
05-03-2018, 02:33 AM
Pulling fuse 5 & 10 worked for my 2013 Abarth. Thanks guys!