PDA

View Full Version : Road Race Motorsports Cavallino Front Spoiler and Rear Spoiler Ext.

SeaDawg
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
These two parts were installed a couple of days ago. Look awesome, fit tightly.

Dwaynek
01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Look good!

Sales@roadrace
01-11-2013, 04:53 PM
excellent! I will post this picture to our facebook as well. Thank you for this post

Abarth Five O
01-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Nice! Is the front lip CF too?

SeaDawg
01-12-2013, 02:55 AM
excellent! I will post this picture to our facebook as well. Thank you for this post

I sent Nam Pham a set of rather high res pictures by email on Friday. Were they received?

SeaDawg
01-12-2013, 03:04 AM
Nice! Is the front lip CF too?

There's a unique story to this. I actually ordered a painted Satin Black finish for both pieces. I didn't open the box till I got to the paint and body shop that was going to do the install. When we opened the box the lip spoiler WAS Satin Black, but the rear spoiler extension was CARBON FIBER! It looked better than I thought and I didn't want to go through having to repackage it to send back and wait for the painted part to arrive. I think RR's shipping guy probably got an earful as I sent them a note to let them know that I was pleased even though the rear spoiler wasn't what I ordered.

The lip spoiler is FIBERGLASS. It is held on by fasteners, which means there are predrilled holes in the lip spoiler and you have to drill the underside of the front bumper and insert the fasteners. It fits snugly and doesn't seem flimsy at all. I believe the rear extension has a carbon fiber finish, but isn't actually carbon fiber. After my experience with double sided tape with one of my side skirts I agreed with the body shop and they used a two step epoxy to attach the rear piece. I doubt that it'll ever come off without a fight.

Abarth Five O
01-12-2013, 05:36 PM
There's a unique story to this. I actually ordered a painted Satin Black finish for both pieces. I didn't open the box till I got to the paint and body shop that was going to do the install. When we opened the box the lip spoiler WAS Satin Black, but the rear spoiler extension was CARBON FIBER! It looked better than I thought and I didn't want to go through having to repackage it to send back and wait for the painted part to arrive. I think RR's shipping guy probably got an earful as I sent them a note to let them know that I was pleased even though the rear spoiler wasn't what I ordered.

The lip spoiler is FIBERGLASS. It is held on by fasteners, which means there are predrilled holes in the lip spoiler and you have to drill the underside of the front bumper and insert the fasteners. It fits snugly and doesn't seem flimsy at all. I believe the rear extension has a carbon fiber finish, but isn't actually carbon fiber. After my experience with double sided tape with one of my side skirts I agreed with the body shop and they used a two step epoxy to attach the rear piece. I doubt that it'll ever come off without a fight.

Thanks for the clarification. The CF rear spoiler looks great, it was a good mistake. I looking at these R/R upgrades for my Abarth down the road.

Toad
01-31-2013, 09:06 PM
How much was the rear spoiler lip?

Sales@roadrace
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
This piece is $229 for F.Glass and $299 in C.Fiber. You can check out the product and its description here.

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_93&products_id=1468

Toad
02-01-2013, 08:34 PM
So what's the difference between this spoiler extension and the one on your abarth appearance page?

Sales@roadrace
02-05-2013, 08:27 PM
The factory spoilers on each vehicle (Abarth and 500) are actually different. Between our Carbon Fiber spoiler extensions for the Abarth and 500, there is a slight fitment difference and the extensions themselves are different in dimensions. I naturally was hopeful we had compatibility between the two models but unfortunately these are different. I hope this helps