PDA

View Full Version : Severe moisture problem causing glass fogging

squishycar
01-08-2013, 02:08 PM
I have had my Fiat 500 Sport for just over a year. Overall, I absolutely love my car. It is sooo much fun and gets so many looks.

A couple months ago, it started having a fogging issue on the interior glass, and it has gotten to be a serious problem. Everytime I go out to my car in the colder temps (I live in NH), I have scrapeable ice on the interior. Add in me being short of breath when I get to my car from the apartment and it fogs so bad I can't see anything. If it is warmer, I will have so much water on the inside. One warmer day I tried to "dry" the glass using terry face cloths, I went through 6 and it still wasn't completely dry. This occurred before I was tracking snow into the car, and I did not have any drinks or anything else that could have moisture to give in the car. I do store a bottle of deicer, but it is in the "off" position on the sprayer and is not leaking. I do have a crack in my windshield, however that is on the exterior layer of glass. It does go down to the bottom of the windshield, where the rubber gasket is. It does not smell of antifreeze...in fact the car still has a bit of a new car smell left to it as I try to keep it clean! The defroster works great, but once I park the car, the ice/water returns.

Today I ran my car through the car wash....its a high pressure touchfree (I will never use a touch wash!). When I got home I checked the weatherstripping and did not see any issues with it. I felt around the sunroof and the rear hatch carpets and they were dry. Water got onto the door sills, but not past the weatherstripping. I cracked the sunroof as it is a bit warmer today and the car is sitting in the sun for the next few hours, hoping to let some of the moisture escape.

I will be taking it into the new semi-local Studio once the weather is warmer for them to do some sort of leak test on it. The windshield will be replaced soon, I just need to wait until I can get the car inspected (due in March) because if I don't I will probably have another busted windshield (I have super bad luck with windshields) I just wanted to know if I am alone in this issue, or if anyone else has had any of the same symptoms.

Here are some pics:
This is after i parked the car around 3pm with a clear windshield, and this is it 3 1/2 hours later....

You can sort of see the crack in the bottom center near the wiper line.

The sunroof.....

During mostly daylight hours (parked around 6:15am, retrieved around 10:15am)....car sat for about 4 hours. Very cold day...there were actually ice crystals on the inside. I took it to a glass place to have them assess the crack to see if it was stress related, and the guy was shocked to see the ice (yeah, I was bad and didn't defrost it...I wanted them to see how bad it was)

Andree
01-10-2013, 11:37 PM
There are tons of links to people having the same problems in their vehicles, not necessarily Fiats. Just about any car will do it if there is a difference in interior and exterior temperature and there is any kind of moisture in the air. Here's a thread going over basichttp://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/bad-condensation-inside-windshield-66063/

A Yahoo Answers answer, having to do with fresh air/recirculated air:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061208222548AAEzAfV

Searching for: Condensation inside windshield
and: Frost inside windshield
brought up many Google results. I think every vehicle known to mankind has had it, just from browsing the search results. This one is funny, and quite accurate "The leak is you", LOL:
http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2281413/how-to-stop-frost-on-windshield-on-the-inside-of-the-car

You need to have the a/c on, the air vent on fresh, to disperse the moisture and dry the air inside the vehicle. a/c should automatically come on if you hit the defrost.

In my old Cabriolet, I got two oversized cup holders and hung them on the windows. Then drilled holes in the tops of the containers of Dry Out, to help prevent spills or splashing rather than leaving the lid open. This stuff: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/clothingCare/dehumidifiers?productId=10004541 You can get the jars and milk carton or pouch refills at drug stores, like Walgreens. It will be in the closet section, where the moth balls and cedar accessories are.

You do NOT want to spill that stuff, it's like grease, once it turns to "water". That's why I drilled holes in the lid. So moisture could get inside, but if I klutzed out, I wouldn't be stuck with a huge mess. Just a little mess. heh.

That seemed to help in the Cabriolet, as that thing wasn't "sealed" at all and I'm in a humid area. I have them all over my apartment too. I was warned by a young lady that living near the coast has it's drawbacks. She'd lost all her clothing to molds/mildews.

You can also try looking around for smaller plastic containers that might conveniently fit in one or two of the cup holders already in the Fiat. You may still have to drill holes in the lid. I bet you could use one of the flip-top cup ashtrays too. They sometimes have a "funnel" type thing under the flip lid that would be open enough to allow in moisture, but would help keep liquid from splashing out around corners.

Here is an example of the "funnel" type thing, although this one does not have a lid:
http://www.promo-wholesale.com/china/Ashtrays/2/Cup-Ashtray-211682.htm

I got one at the drugstore. It didn't work too well as an ashtray as the lid doesn't have a seal. But it should work great for the Dry Out.

I like to include links of what things look like, because I know it helps me when I'm looking for something.

msjulie33
01-11-2013, 12:12 AM
You need to have the a/c on, the air vent on fresh, to disperse the moisture and dry the air inside the vehicle. a/c should automatically come on if you hit the defrost.

what he said, and if the inside windows aren't perfectly clean, it makes it look even that much worse..

Berliner
01-11-2013, 12:38 AM
I had the same Problem with my Pt Cruiser after a Year. Fog on the inside of the Windshield like i smoke 3 Packs in an Hour turns out it was the chemicals released from the Dashboard turned the Windshield foggy.

Since i don,t smoke in my 500 and after a Year of driving my 500 i get they same Smokers Fog i bet Fiat still buys the Dash for the 500 from the same Company like they did with the Pt.

What means in 3 Years my Dash will break and sack. Pt Drivers know what i am talking about.

squishycar
01-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Wow,thank you Andree for all that information!!! I really appreciate it.

I have had 2 cars prior to this one in the same climate and NEVER had an issue before. They have always had rubber floor mats.

After reading the info in those links, I think that the stupid "auto" feature on the HVAC controls is what has caused the problem. (Another reason I am bummed I ended up with this upgraded model, I knew I didn't like the fancy controls, and now I know why). I never ever used the recirculate button in any of my previous cars (or on my bus) because the thought of breathing "used" air disgusted me. I will stop using the auto feature immediately as I am nearly positive that kicks on the recirculate option.

So my next step is to do as was suggested, run the AC with the temp in a warm range on the defroster. I will look for dry out and a cup holder ash try when I go out this weekend. I have a convertible Geo Metro that I know leaks and I have used something similar during the winter while it is stored. Oddly, that car never fogged like this one, but it is always set on fresh air.

Once again, I appreciate the advice. This problem was seriously upsetting/frustrating me. I may still have the dealer do a leak test, but hopefully the problem will go away shortly. I have a very short commute (like 5 minutes, 2.5 miles) so my poor car barely gets warm before I have to shut it off. I'll take it this weekend for a longer drive to really let it dry.

SeaDawg
01-11-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't think I'd wait till it got warmer to take it to the dealer. You want them to be able to experience what you are. You might even want to take it in one evening, while it's still winter cold, and let them keep it overnight outside so they can see what happens. You may have an opening somewhere there shouldn't be that needs to be found and sealed up. That moisture inside the passenger compartment isn't good for all the electronic stuff behind the dash either so getting it resolved may keep further issues from appearing later.

msjulie33
01-11-2013, 11:56 AM
You may want to give your car some longer runs to get the engine warmer for the oil's sake (well the engine) - that kind of short drive doesn't warm up the oil enough to boil off any accumulated moisture and shortens the life of the oil and eventually the car

My dad, who liked and had old Italian cars, used to tell me to do the Italian tuneup on all my cars - a weekly run where you run the engine hot/hard. Aside from probably having some truth to it (burning carbon off plugs, getting the oil good and warm and such in those older cars) it was a good excuse to have a fun run! :)

Andree
01-11-2013, 01:11 PM
what he said, and if the inside windows aren't perfectly clean, it makes it look even that much worse..

Here we go again, LOL, I'm a "she" not a "he". But apparently I type like a guy. And Andree is both a guy name and a gal name and even a last name.

Andree
01-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Wow,thank you Andree for all that information!!! I really appreciate it.

I have had 2 cars prior to this one in the same climate and NEVER had an issue before. They have always had rubber floor mats.

After reading the info in those links, I think that the stupid "auto" feature on the HVAC controls is what has caused the problem. (Another reason I am bummed I ended up with this upgraded model, I knew I didn't like the fancy controls, and now I know why). I never ever used the recirculate button in any of my previous cars (or on my bus) because the thought of breathing "used" air disgusted me. I will stop using the auto feature immediately as I am nearly positive that kicks on the recirculate option.

So my next step is to do as was suggested, run the AC with the temp in a warm range on the defroster. I will look for dry out and a cup holder ash try when I go out this weekend. I have a convertible Geo Metro that I know leaks and I have used something similar during the winter while it is stored. Oddly, that car never fogged like this one, but it is always set on fresh air.

Once again, I appreciate the advice. This problem was seriously upsetting/frustrating me. I may still have the dealer do a leak test, but hopefully the problem will go away shortly. I have a very short commute (like 5 minutes, 2.5 miles) so my poor car barely gets warm before I have to shut it off. I'll take it this weekend for a longer drive to really let it dry.

Yes, the AUTO thing does turn on the RECIRC. Vexing controls. I don't really know what "auto" is for. So I just hit the buttons on the right side, the floor vent and/or the face vent. And click off the recirc, so I'm getting fresh air. Adjust temperature as needed, and I usually have a/c off. It doesn't get to freezing in my area, it's just has 24/7 coastal mist (that clings to the outside of the vehicle, attracting dust and dirt).

I had a severe fogging up in my Honda Fit, with it's heavily raked windshield. It got to the point where I did not want to drive after dark, as I would have to leave defrost on all the time, and the lights would dim noticeably when the compressor went on. All that drains the battery and I didn't drive much. And the voluminous interior space meant it was never "dry and warm" inside.

I had the fogging in the Cabriolet too, but only going uphill, at night. For some reason the defrost redirected to floor going uphill. That car was peculiar. But using the Dry Out did make a difference. For the year that it sat, perma-parked (not running), and I didn't put in Dry Out, the whole car got the horrible musty moldy smell. It ended up going to the crusher.

I have been nagged by mechanics as long as I've been driving, to DRIVE MORE. For the battery charging and keeping the engine happy. I'm TRYING to do so now with the Fiat. And if you can do so, it would undoubtedly help with the moisture. Even just letting the vehicle idle to warm up, can be helpful. That's what they told me with the Honda Fit. It seemed totally wasteful to me to sit idling, burning fuel, generating pollution. If I had a place to plug in the 500e, that would have been a good choice for me.

Love those little Geo Metros. The convertible was cute as heck and got great mileage too. Remember the Turbo Sprint? It used to be so easy to find small cars.

"Breathing used air". HAHAHAHAHA! Consider it "recycled". Sort of like water. There is no new water. It's the same water we've had since the beginning of time. And consider having some houseplants around the house to recycle your air: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_air-filtering_plants

markinmad
01-11-2013, 01:58 PM
I've had the same thing, usually after coming out of a store and getting back into the car, the auto climate control chooses recirc when the temp outside is 28F. Not good. I can tell right away when it's doing it because the windows will fog up in a matter of minutes with a fully warmed up car.

Strange way of functioning when the heater is in use.

Mike S
01-11-2013, 02:07 PM
I think your car is very wet inside. Check the carpets and the insulation under the carpets to see if they are wet. The carpet can be removed to dry but if the insulation is wet it must be replaced.

Water is getting in somewhere. Frequently a drain is not draining outside of the car like one for the A/C condenser. Everything under the carpets can stay wet forever and any electrical connectors can oxidize and fail. Very difficult to find.

squishycar
01-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah I know my commute is bad for the car. I definitely hate idling my car as it burns fuel. I usually only idle if it is super cold. I will go a longer way once in a while, and on the weekends I give it a good run. It will be going for a longer run this weekend as we are meeting friends for dinner. I've been sick lately (tough adjustment to new meds, ugh) so I've definitely slacked and the only place I go is work. :/ if I just commuted and had a place to plug in, the 500e would be great for me! In the warmer months I ride my Vespa scooter to and from work if its not raining. That gets 65mpg.

Geo Metros are awesome. I'm only 27, so I wasn't driving when the Sprint was around. My Vert is restored and I have parts from a Suzuki Swift GTi (unfortunately not the motor) so it's even more awesome.
http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/22c91936fbae11e1b23022000a1cbb39_7.jpg

Lol, I know that about the air...but I don't want to breathe air I have immediately expelled and its only maybe filtered by the car. I am weird. I want the germs to be dispersed into the atmosphere before I have to breathe them in again. I have plants around the apartment. :) I like "fresh" air.

SeaDawg
01-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Yes, the AUTO thing does turn on the RECIRC. Vexing controls. I don't really know what "auto" is for. So I just hit the buttons on the right side, the floor vent and/or the face vent. And click off the recirc, so I'm getting fresh air. Adjust temperature as needed, and I usually have a/c off. It doesn't get to freezing in my area, it's just has 24/7 coastal mist (that clings to the outside of the vehicle, attracting dust and dirt).

The AUTO on the Climate Control system when energized will keep the interior of the car at approximately the temperature you have set in the window on the left control whether it is hot OR cold outside automatically without having to constantly adjust for outside temperature changes.

I have it and personally I love it! It was even one of THE things my Sport HAD to have when I bought it.

markinmad
01-11-2013, 03:21 PM
The AUTO on the Climate Control system when energized will keep the interior of the car at approximately the temperature you have set in the window on the left control whether it is hot OR cold outside automatically without having to constantly adjust for outside temperature changes.

True, but in cold climates, while running the heat, with outside air temps in the freezing temps (something that probably rarely happens in FL), the auto climate control turns on the recirc which makes moisture build up (because the A/C doesn't do anything at that outside temp either) and condense on the cold windows.

I bet once March or April rolls around it'll work just fine up here in the frozen tundra.

Pronto
01-11-2013, 05:01 PM

The "auto function" does NOT automatically set the "recirculate function"! At least in my car it doesn't, you have to push "recirculate" to close off fresh air from the outside. This function is important if you want to be economical and not make the car continually battle against the outside temperature. you may need to have your hvac system checked.

msjulie33
01-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Here we go again, LOL, I'm a "she" not a "he". But apparently I type like a guy. And Andree is both a guy name and a gal name and even a last name.

a thousand pardons!

:)

Andree
01-12-2013, 11:56 AM
The "auto function" does NOT automatically set the "recirculate function"! At least in my car it doesn't, you have to push "recirculate" to close off fresh air from the outside. This function is important if you want to be economical and not make the car continually battle against the outside temperature. you may need to have your hvac system checked.

I swear it did. But I haven't driven the car that much. I put gas in it for the first time the other day. I have to order the print manual to take down to the car. Reading the DVD manual in my home and then trying to remember what it was that I wanted to do once in the car isn't working out too well.

Andree
01-12-2013, 11:59 AM
a thousand pardons!

:)

Haha! Everyone on the Honda Fit forums thought I was a guy at first. I'm using the same font as everyone else. Am I supposed to "giggle" in every post? LOL!

Andree
01-12-2013, 12:14 PM
if I just commuted and had a place to plug in, the 500e would be great for me! In the warmer months I ride my Vespa scooter to and from work if its not raining. That gets 65mpg.

Geo Metros are awesome. I'm only 27, so I wasn't driving when the Sprint was around. My Vert is restored and I have parts from a Suzuki Swift GTi (unfortunately not the motor) so it's even more awesome.
http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/22c91936fbae11e1b23022000a1cbb39_7.jpg

Lol, I know that about the air...but I don't want to breathe air I have immediately expelled and its only maybe filtered by the car. I am weird. I want the germs to be dispersed into the atmosphere before I have to breathe them in again. I have plants around the apartment. :) I like "fresh" air.

Geo looks good! You have all the cool vehicles. I've always wanted a Vespa. I had a Honda Passport scooter at one time, but I fell over a lot. I'm not so good with two-wheels. Now with my back problems, I'd never be able to ride a motorcycle, scooter, or bicycle. I really hesitate moving my back too much, because it hurts. Grrrr.

As far as med adjustment, check out Medline Plus: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/medlineplus.html

Sometimes they'll have tips on when to take a medicine or if you should take it with certain foods to minimize discomfort. And also symptoms that you should contact your doctor about. It's good to have knowledge, especially about medicines and physical health. Doctors never have time to sit down and chat about everything. It's up to us to do our homework on our own problems and see what's what.

squishycar
01-12-2013, 03:44 PM
I used to have a motorcycle but I was never very confident on it, so I got rid of it. I tended to fall over when I was stopped a lot (I was awesome at forgetting to put it in neutral and letting the clutch out). When I got the Vespa I got more confidence. I can actually ride on dirt and not panic. I am still slow cornering though, I'm always afraid ill fall over if I go too quick.

FTY
01-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Nice to see girls on a car forum :) Mixes it up a bit.

Now on topic ever try some of these?

http://www.supercheaphardware.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/2632466f16d57c9129820e500b2d9c34/d/s/dsc_8996_1.jpg

cmj912
01-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Weird. I have a Sport with automatic climate control and the windows never fog at all. I thought I would never use the 'auto' setting, but I've found that it does a better job of heating it up and clearing the windows better than I can, switching around all the face/defrost/floor buttons. I understood that the system will decide whether to increase or decrease heating or cooling, the direction of the air, and whether to run the air conditioning to keep the windows clear 'at its own discretion'. I've had the new car for 1500 miles and it has been on 'auto' almost the whole time. No fog. I agree that there may be water somewhere inside the car. I'd try a damp-rid.

Andree
01-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes, it's the same thing. Calcium Chloride.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_chloride

Use whichever desiccant works best for you with all the varieties.

I liked the cup/jar, because I can see the moisture level and know when to dump it. Also, nothing there to puncture, with the jar and the drilled holes.

Oh! And for the loose stuff, for the OP, you don't need to fill up the ashtray cup or whatever you use. Check every day or two for liquid to pour off. It will keep working whether or not you pour off the liquid. And if the container is full of dry out, it will compress a bit, but eventually would probably overflow. LOL. I found one under my bath sink was AT THE EDGE of the container with liquid!!!

So, I just put a bit in the bottom, and let it fill with moisture as time goes on.

Andree
01-12-2013, 10:42 PM

Okay, I tried it today, and I was wrong. I clicked Auto. Then I went to turn up the fan, and Auto went off and instead sent the air to the floor, activating the floor vent light. Then I pressed A/C and the Recirc went on. I knew SOMETHING made the Recirc come on. Other than the button itself. heh.

Pinecone
01-13-2013, 10:22 AM
On most cars with auto controls, whether the system goes into recirc depends on more than one factor. Many go into recirc when you first turn on AC to cool the air in the car faster.

Only problem with that is, the fastest way to cool the car down is using outside air (which is typically cooler than the air inside the car) and crack a window open to let out the hot air faster.

One issue with these cars I have seen is, fogging is more common due to the small interior volume of the car. Two people in the car on a cold day, and I get fogging. My other vehicles don't fog as badly.

Andree
01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
On most cars with auto controls, whether the system goes into recirc depends on more than one factor. Many go into recirc when you first turn on AC to cool the air in the car faster.

Only problem with that is, the fastest way to cool the car down is using outside air (which is typically cooler than the air inside the car) and crack a window open to let out the hot air faster.

One issue with these cars I have seen is, fogging is more common due to the small interior volume of the car. Two people in the car on a cold day, and I get fogging. My other vehicles don't fog as badly.

With my former Honda Fit, just me in that cavern and I'd get fogged front windshield, guaranteed, at night. In that case, I blame design. Because I'm not getting it at all in the Fiat at night.

I had an idea for the rear windows, power pop-open flaps. Although fingers and dog noses could get squished. I suppose manual pop-open flaps would be okay. I think I had the flaps on the old Honda CVCC. Might also reduce wind buffeting. Wanted the same opening flaps on the far back of the Honda Fit too. Seems like a no-brainer for ventilation.

SeaDawg
01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
I had an idea for the rear windows, power pop-open flaps. Although fingers and dog noses could get squished. I suppose manual pop-open flaps would be okay. I think I had the flaps on the old Honda CVCC. Might also reduce wind buffeting. Wanted the same opening flaps on the far back of the Honda Fit too. Seems like a no-brainer for ventilation.

People are a LOT lazier today than years ago. My little 66 FIAT 600 had rear windows that swiveled open from the rear. Of course they were manual. I don't think the lawyers would let FIAT make them electrically activated due to liability concerns:hopelessness:

Pinecone
01-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Electrically opened it fine. Also long as they are not auto close without safety devices. My M3 has power rear windows (pop open at rear). If you are running them, you can stop and reverse if you hear a scream.

Another thing is, to get the most moisture out of the car, put the AC on, in recirc mode, and turn up the temp. This will give you warm air to absorb moisture, then the AC will remove the excess moisture and the air with be reheated and reintroduced to the car to pick up more moisture.

If the outside temps are very low, the AC is not needed as the outside air is very dry and just heating it will remove the moisture nicely.

trevc
01-14-2013, 11:34 AM
I had the same issue on a Ford I owned many years ago - excessive water on the windshield inside. It turned out to be a leaking heater core that had to be replaced.

4carbcorvair
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Wifeys sport fogs up inside easily. Notice it more if its snowing and the mats get wet, or raining and we are wet. Also happens when we get out of the gym and into the car, sweat. Putting the window down a smidge helps recuirculate the air a bit faster. Have the same issue with my truck and jeep cj.

And hi neighbor, I'm in Maine.

squishycar
01-15-2013, 10:17 PM
I've been "drying" the car and now the fog has moved to just the sunroof on a "regular" basis.

I stupidly forgot the dry out stuff in the past 2 shopping trips chairshot d'oh. But I have been venting the sunroof and windows while its warmer and the sun is out. I also took it on a longer trip and ran the defrost. I'll be going to the awful shop on Saturday so they can replace my drivers side vent-window-visor-rain- guard -thingymawhatsit that the idiots didn't install correctly so it fell off (really, some 3M tape, is it really hat hard to do correctly?) but it will be a nice long trip to run the AC. Can't wait to go to a real dealer where the service and the studio are the same place, with hopefully competent techs (they are related to a very nice Mercedes dealer who always treated my parents well)...I hate the jeep dealer, my studio sales was awesome though. </rant>

:wavey: Hi neighbor!! I'm a few miles from the Maine border...in Dover, NH.

Andree
01-16-2013, 12:36 AM
I've been "drying" the car and now the fog has moved to just the sunroof on a "regular" basis.

I stupidly forgot the dry out stuff in the past 2 shopping trips chairshot d'oh. But I have been venting the sunroof and windows while its warmer and the sun is out. I also took it on a longer trip and ran the defrost. I'll be going to the awful shop on Saturday so they can replace my drivers side vent-window-visor-rain- guard -thingymawhatsit that the idiots didn't install correctly so it fell off (really, some 3M tape, is it really hat hard to do correctly?) but it will be a nice long trip to run the AC. Can't wait to go to a real dealer where the service and the studio are the same place, with hopefully competent techs (they are related to a very nice Mercedes dealer who always treated my parents well)...I hate the jeep dealer, my studio sales was awesome though. </rant>

:wavey: Hi neighbor!! I'm a few miles from the Maine border...in Dover, NH.

You might not need it now, just making the active effort on getting it dry/aired out may be all you need! Sounds like something you're doing is working right now! I used two jars in my VW Cabriolet, because it had fabric seats and was always exposed to moisture, as the convertible top didn't seal well.

That last year when it wasn't running and couldn't be driven to dry it out, in a dank parking garage, without the Dry Out/Damp Gone, it mildewed like a son of a gun, stank of that wet smell. But the 15 years prior, in the same environment were mildew-free. No smell. I really think it was the containers and the driving/airing out.

And, no, the A/C in the car never worked, it was the old kind of A/C. I never got it updated, nor did I get it "recharged" or filled or whatever, because I felt I didn't need A/C in this cool/cold wet environment. It's too cold for cooling. Not thinking at all of the moisture.

Thanks for keeping us updated, and please do keep posting with what you've experienced and have tried and what the results have been. No doubt someone else will come along with the same problems and can follow your posts and try out a few things!

Andree
01-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Just checking in to see how the moisture problem was doing, is it still there? All dry? Somewhere in between?

squishycar
02-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Seems to have dried out for now...we've been having CRAZY weather, but there has only been a tiny bit of moisture.

cmj912
02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Seems to have dried out for now...we've been having CRAZY weather, but there has only been a tiny bit of moisture.

You got the same thing we did? 20s, then 65 deg F for two days, then back to freezing?

squishycar
02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Yup...was 20s then went up to the 50s or so, then by night it was back to the 20s...not o mention the insane winds.

Andree
02-01-2013, 06:22 PM

Excellent. Good to hear. I've gone ahead and put some dry out/damp gone in the cup ashtray thing, to see how much moisture I can pick up.

Hopefully it stays fairly dry inside and you now have ways of getting rid of the moisture.