PDA

View Full Version : For Abarth Cabrio, precisely what color is "Rosso"

kayandjohn
01-02-2013, 08:20 PM
The 2013 Abarth Cabrio introduced at the Los Angelos Auto Show appears to be an oranger red than the "Russo" of the present Abarth -- in fact, the Cabrio red seems to match the red of the brake calipers, which if you glance at a Russo Fiat, is oranger than the red body. See the picture below. The red-orange Abarth Cabrio introduced at the show is on the right; the deeper red from the 2013 Fiat website "Rosso" setting is on the left. Different, yes?

Ordering information for the Abarth Cabrio only lists "Russo" as its red.

I want that orange red of the LA Auto Show Abarth Cabrio... not the deeper red of the Abarth Rosso.

How do I get it?

Thanks!

2013 Rosso Pop from Fiat website (l) Abarth Cabrio introduced at LA Auto Show (r)

Dwaynek
01-02-2013, 09:20 PM
chances are the interior lights caused the color in the photo to appear brighter. Just saw this model in Vienna and it is the Rosso color.

Tweak
01-02-2013, 09:26 PM
I'd agree with Dwayne, I don't recall seeing any different red colored cars on the dealers (2) lots, just the differences from the lighting indoors and out. Print ads and the FIAT website and other online pics all seem to show a variation though but I suppose that is just how it comes across.

kayandjohn
01-03-2013, 12:57 AM
I thought that it might be variations in lighting as well, until...

1) Compare the red of the LA Auto Show Abarth Cabrio to the color of the brake caliper you can see in the photo. They are the same.

2) Now compare the red of an actual Abarth to its brake caliper. They are different, with the brake caliper an oranger brighter red than the body of the car (as you would expect if the caliper matched the oranger red of the Abarth Cabrio).

I went to my local dealer and looked to verify this difference today.

Any reader with a Rosso red Fiat handy (that has the caliper of the brakes visible), could you please check whether the reds match or whether the caliper is an oranger red and let us know?

Thanks for your help.

sjmst
01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I dunno. looks like the red of my 12 Abarth. I like real red, not orange.

kayandjohn
01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I dunno. looks like the red of my 12 Abarth. I like real red, not orange.

sjmst, are the red brake calipers on your red Abarth the same color as the body, or oranger? Thanks!

pastor passum
01-04-2013, 11:31 PM
My 2012 Rosso Abarth is red, very red and has orange red brake calipers, just like every other Rosso Abarth I've ever seen.

Gigante
01-04-2013, 11:41 PM
The 2013 Abarth Cabrio introduced at the Los Angelos Auto Show appears to be an oranger red than the "Russo" of the present Abarth -- in fact, the Cabrio red seems to match the red of the brake calipers, which if you glance at a Russo Fiat, is oranger than the red body. See the picture below. The red-orange Abarth Cabrio introduced at the show is on the right; the deeper red from the 2013 Fiat website "Rosso" setting is on the left. Different, yes?

I want that orange red of the LA Auto Show Abarth Cabrio... not the deeper red of the Abarth Rosso.

How do I get it?

Thanks!

2013 Rosso Pop from Fiat website (l) Abarth Cabrio introduced at LA Auto Show (r)

Thank you for this post. I thought it was only me but I have seen slight differences in the red color from 2012 to 2013 Abarth. I will see my own car at the end of next week (2012 Abarth Rosso) and I am now curious about the shade of red.

pastor passum
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM

How do I get it?

Thanks!

Kayandjohn, you speak several times of both Rosso and Russo. I'm just curious as to where you've seen "Russo" listed as a Fiat color. I only find Rosso listed and can find no mention of a color Russo anywhere. Agreed, some photos seem to show an oranger red but I'm pretty sure this is only due to lighting. Every Rosso Fiat I've ever seen is red, not the orange red of their brake calipers.

FerRrari
01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
"Rosso" means red in Italian, "russo" isn't a word.

wachuko
01-08-2013, 02:51 PM
"Rosso" means red in Italian, "russo" isn't a word.

Unless you are talking about Rene Russo :joke:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA2MDI4MDE3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzI3NjE0._V1._ SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

kayandjohn
01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Kayandjohn, you speak several times of both Rosso and Russo. I'm just curious as to where you've seen "Russo" listed as a Fiat color. I only find Rosso listed and can find no mention of a color Russo anywhere. Agreed, some photos seem to show an oranger red but I'm pretty sure this is only due to lighting. Every Rosso Fiat I've ever seen is red, not the orange red of their brake calipers.

Pastor Passum, my error... it is always "Rosso" - I am just now learning the Italian language via my passion for Fiats, and I mis-typed a few times. See my solving of this minor "mystery" below... Thanks!

kayandjohn
01-09-2013, 12:04 AM
4702I have solved the mystery of whether or not the Rosso color of the Abarth has an orange tint.

When you *see* it, the answer is No!. When you *photograph* it under artificial lights, the answer is Yes!.

Proof? I took a picture of a Rosso Fiat (not an Abarth) at the Suburban Fiat dealer in Ann Arbor Michigan. In person, the red appeared free from any orange tint, as all above have said, and indeed was a different color than the orange-red of the brake calipers. However, in the photograph, it clearly has the same orange tint as the LA Auto Show vehicle. In fact, to better see it, I clipped a piece of the Fiat Cabrio from that LA Auto Show picture I put in the original post and laid it right on top of the fender of my own photo of the Rosso Fiat. Results are shown in the photo (the extra headlight is from the LA Auto Show... the rest of the picture is the Fiat Rosso I saw in person to be free from orange.)

To further confirm, I used the eyedropper of Microsoft Paint to grab the color of the LA Auto Show car and scribbled it onto the windshield post of the local car... that scorpion-like shape. Pretty much the same, no?

So in celebration, I ordered the first Abarth Convertible (Cabrio) in this state!

Fiat500USA
01-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes, I confirmed it with a Fiat executive, it is the same color red (rosso). By the way, it is typical that many of the showcars are hand painted due to lighting issues. The cars are also normally crushed. :(