PDA

View Full Version : DFW Fiat owners...Where are you!

Crossfirecat
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Is there a Fiat group in the DFW area? I have yet to see another Abarth on the road and I only occasionally see another Fiat! Where are all the Fiat folks hanging out these days?

ItzBitz
01-06-2013, 08:33 AM
I have 2 500's - Wife drives Bianca Perla Lounge and I drive Espresso Cabrio Lounge. I occasionally attend the Cars & Coffee on the first Saturday of the month. We live in The Colony.
Jim

Crossfirecat
01-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Great color combos! Love the Espresso! I used to take our SRT's to cars and coffee but last few times it seemed to be becoming an "ego fest" instead of car people just enjoying great cars and conversations. I may give if another chance one of these days.

Thad
01-16-2013, 12:46 PM
FLU has two Texas chapters.

Mr. Man
02-22-2013, 05:08 PM
With school, work, and a little boy I don't have much time for anything but I'm free on Sundays. I havent seen much forum activity from the other DFW members

Faylara
03-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Hello, just dropping by. I joined the rank of Abarth owners in Jan. While I have seen more & more Fiats on the roads I have yet to see Abarth in the DFW area.
~

Crossfirecat
03-29-2013, 03:17 AM
Hello, just dropping by. I joined the rank of Abarth owners in Jan. While I have seen more & more Fiats on the roads I have yet to see Abarth in the DFW area.
~

Welcome to the forums! I'm guessing that it will just take some time till more DFW owners find their way to the forums.

William M Jacocks Jr
03-29-2013, 06:55 AM
I'll be in that area Oct 15th? for Abarth day, are you guys planning a meet and greet?

Mr. Man
03-30-2013, 05:11 AM
I'll be in that area Oct 15th? for Abarth day, are you guys planning a meet and greet?

I've been trying! Lol :fart:

BigDaddySRT
04-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I see a Nero ABARTH parked at Frankford and Preston (Northwest Corner) a bunch. As a matter of fact I saw them today.

I've passed a few ABARTHs in the HEMI, but none yet in the ABARTH.

BigDaddySRT
04-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Supposedly my coworkers roommates both have ABARTHs they bought from McKinney.

Mr. Man
04-16-2013, 07:19 AM
I see a Nero ABARTH parked at Frankford and Preston (Northwest Corner) a bunch. As a matter of fact I saw them today.

I've passed a few ABARTHs in the HEMI, but none yet in the ABARTH.

We seem to be an elusive breed around these parts

frank283
05-04-2013, 06:56 PM
I stay in the south Fort Worth area. Looking to get together with other Fiat owners in the area.

Tweak
05-04-2013, 08:57 PM
I stay in the south Fort Worth area. Looking to get together with other Fiat owners in the area.

While I am not even remotely nearby I would like to say welcome to the forum! :)

Red Dwarf
05-04-2013, 09:14 PM
I live near Preston and Geo Bush with a Nero Sport. I see a lot of us on the roads!

Mr. Man
05-08-2013, 01:38 PM

You should join me at C&C. I made a thread for it in this section

Hi-Performance-Store
05-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Will you guys be attending the italian car fest in Grapevine in Sept?? Link: http://www.italiancarfest.org/

We've gone before in the past and may drive down, especially as there's not a huge following here in OK (although it is slowly growing, and I'm seeing even a few more Abarths on the road). Everything in OK seems to follow trends about 10 years too late.

Mr. Man
05-19-2013, 04:04 AM
Thanks for posting that ill definitely be there!

Crossfirecat
05-19-2013, 04:51 AM
Thanks for posting that ill definitely be there!

Planning on going as well!

BigDaddySRT
05-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Well... There's 3 2013 ABARTHs in North Texas with transmission problems.

Mine was approved for a replacement C510 today.
It will take a week to get the transmission, and then install/test the following week.

I really really miss my ABARTH.

Mr. Man
05-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Well... There's 3 2013 ABARTHs in North Texas with transmission problems.

Mine was approved for a replacement C510 today.
It will take a week to get the transmission, and then install/test the following week.

I really really miss my ABARTH.
That sucks man I hope you don't get any other major issues

BigDaddySRT
05-21-2013, 07:50 AM
That sucks man I hope you don't get any other major issues

What really sucks is the fact I only have 2,870 Miles, and I had just made my first payment on my ABARTH.

Leotxn
05-22-2013, 06:59 AM
I will be attending. Moving up to Sachse after I leave the Army in 9 months so there will be one more Abarth tooling around DFW area.

Will you guys be attending the italian car fest in Grapevine in Sept?? Link: http://www.italiancarfest.org/

We've gone before in the past and may drive down, especially as there's not a huge following here in OK (although it is slowly growing, and I'm seeing even a few more Abarths on the road). Everything in OK seems to follow trends about 10 years too late.

p38wannabe
05-27-2013, 03:59 AM
new Abarth Cabrio Owner here from the McKinney area, here is a meet another Abarth owner posted on another 500 forum - I may stick my nose in it ...

I went to a meet last Monday at Quaker Steak and Lube called Rice Killers that was pretty big. I was the only fiat out there though! I want to see some other 500 owners tomorrow night at the weekly meet!
5584 Texas 121, Plano, TX 75024
8 pm-11:30 pm
every monday
http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/thread122824.html

BigDaddySRT
05-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Stopped by the Studio today. My ABARTH was up on the rack with her front end stripped off.

The Brand New C510 goes in tomorrow.

Mr. Man
05-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Stopped by the Studio today. My ABARTH was up on the rack with her front end stripped off.

The Brand New C510 goes in tomorrow.

That sounds intense

BigDaddySRT
06-03-2013, 08:06 AM
That sounds intense

They finished her on Friday morning, and had her ready for my on Friday afternoon.
Detailed and sitting up front... she drives like a dream, better than new.

I swung by Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning about 10:00am.... and now I know why I will never attend that meet.
The Plano Police Department was running officers at every intersection within 3 miles of the meet.

I wasn't doing anything illegal, and never even gave it a thought... but it's obvious that the PPD is taking advantage of caged animals.

Mr. Man
06-03-2013, 11:11 PM
They finished her on Friday morning, and had her ready for my on Friday afternoon.
Detailed and sitting up front... she drives like a dream, better than new.

I swung by Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning about 10:00am.... and now I know why I will never attend that meet.
The Plano Police Department was running officers at every intersection within 3 miles of the meet.

I wasn't doing anything illegal, and never even gave it a thought... but it's obvious that the PPD is taking advantage of caged animals.
Yeah they had us take some stupid side exit instead of the usual spot. They say because of "questionable actions at the last meet" but at the last meet the only people who chirped tires had slammed cars and the wheel well hit the tire. Pigs are out of control.

Crossfirecat
06-04-2013, 12:59 AM
This is why I stopped taking our SRT's down there. Lots of people with more money than sense! It was more like a frat party! It used to be a pretty family friendly atmosphere. It's no wonder to me why it's turned into "Cops and coffee"!

Mr. Man
06-04-2013, 09:39 AM
This is why I stopped taking our SRT's down there. Lots of people with more money than sense! It was more like a frat party! It used to be a pretty family friendly atmosphere. It's no wonder to me why it's turned into "Cops and coffee"!

Yeah my car got a lot of hate from the frat boys. But hey, I'm younger than them and I didn't buy my car from craigslist :burnout:

Leotxn
06-05-2013, 06:55 PM
I was out there but sadly rode with my friend in his GTO. Going to try to be at next months meet and bring scrappy to park with the other Abarths.

Crossfirecat
06-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah my car got a lot of hate from the frat boys. But hey, I'm younger than them and I didn't buy my car from craigslist :burnout:

^lol!

Yup, our SRT6 was constantly "shunned" by the Dodge/Chrysler camp. So much in fact that I spent more time hanging around SLK owners. It's a shame that a small group of have ruined the fun for others.
I'm thinking about asking the local Crossfire group(DFWxFires) if us Fiat owners could take part in their next poker run. Lots of great people and the routes are always well planned out. Plenty of cruising,sightseeing and a little for those of us that like to run hard through the twisties!

p38wannabe
06-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I'd be interested ...

Mr. Man
06-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Me too. Well, depends on the day. I work wednesday through Saturday.

frank283
06-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Hey guys Frank here I live in the Burleson area. My father and I both drive Abarths. It would be nice to get together with other Fiat owners. You can friend me on FB Frank Elliott Schneller just message me first.

p38wannabe
06-24-2013, 02:42 AM
As pointed out in the other 500 Forum, not much going on atm in DFW, I hung out on Saturday with the guys from Red River Car Club (mostly Mopar Guys) at Denton, was good fun times. Btw, are you german by any chance, looking at your name?

p38wannabe
06-24-2013, 04:27 AM
Good Times in Denton ... :burnout:

Mr. Man
06-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I usually check the other forum only for the TX thread to see what's up lol, but yeah not much going on

Crossfirecat
07-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Well I recently made the lateral move from night time to daytime supervisor after six long years! Main benefit.... Getting to sleep at night again finally, As well as, I now have Sundays and Mondays off!

Seems like we're all spread out across the Metroplex! Denton-Burleson-Dallas-Sherman and Killeen!

Mr. Man
07-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Awesome! I hated working nights, I like being able to function like a normal human being on off days

Tweak
07-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Well I recently made the lateral move from night time to daytime supervisor after six long years! Main benefit.... Getting to sleep at night again finally, As well as, I now have Sundays and Mondays off!

Seems like we're all spread out across the Metroplex! Denton-Burleson-Dallas-Sherman and Killeen!

Congrats! I'd hate to have to work nights!

SLOWAbarth
08-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Adam from Downtown Dallas here, This is my second Abarth lol

Mines pretty modded with only 3k miles and here is a quick video from last week at Motorsports Ranch Cresson.

I might go run my fiat this weekend, anyone interested ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGXXrBTFCg

PS: I have 6 DFW friends with Abarths, all ages and most of them are modded.

gtntahg
09-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Yep, just saw this thread. Our 18 year old has a one year old Rosso Sport w/manual transmission and 12,000 + totally trouble-free miles and I bought a white Abarth Cabrio w/ stripe delete and fabric seats in August. It now has 4,700 equally trouble-free miles (yes, it's my AWESOME daily-driver). We live in Flower Mound. I've seen two other Abarths roaming about lately so I think the whole Abarth 500 thing is catching on :)

I'd be interested in a long weekend excursion through Arkansas some time with a whole train of Teaxas Abarths. How cool would that be?

Cars-n-Cofffee... What's that?!? Ha!

P.S. I'd love to get my Abarth out to Cresson the next time anyone heads that way. Just shoot me a PM!

tattoogunman
03-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Plano checking in

Tweak
03-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Plano checking in

Welcome to the forum.

Doohickie
03-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Best way to get together is to join Fiat 500 DFW group on Facebook. A few of us go to Cars and Coffee in Fort Worth and..... somewhere up by you (first Saturday of the month is on the Dallas side, second Saturday is Fort Worth side). Also, Craig (who started Fiat 500 DFW) has been organizing some meets at Gas Monkey Bar (a bit north of the old ******* Stadium). Pay attention to the FB page for updates.

bootychickens
06-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Me in my wife are in the Dallas area and both drive Abarths. She had a silver 500 pop cabrio until two weeks ago when I bought an Abarth. Less than a week later she upgraded. Hers is going to stay stock and mine will be anything but stock just as soon as parts start showing up.

Tweak
06-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Me in my wife are in the Dallas area and both drive Abarths. She had a silver 500 pop cabrio until two weeks ago when I bought an Abarth. Less than a week later she upgraded. Hers is going to stay stock and mine will be anything but stock just as soon as parts start showing up.

This is awesome, congrats to you both and enjoy the forum! Looking forward to seeing where you take your modding.

BigDaddySRT
06-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Saw a Rosso ABARTH at the Post Office near Trinity Mills and the DNT... had a custom Texas Plate "ABRTH".

I also met the worst BMW M3 owner yesterday.

BigDaddySRT
06-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Steer Clear of this White ABARTH. Texas Plate "BZC4044". White ABARTH Front Windshield Banner. White Wheels. Red Side Stripes.

Tailgating everyone in sight. Cutting every vehicle off in sight. Never used a Turn Signal. Would cut in and out of traffic, shooting from Lane Three into Lane One.
This is the second time I have run into this owner... he's going to wind up hurting someone, or even worse when he cut me off he could have clipped my car and he would have went flipping out of control.

This Owner really needs a reality check!!!!

Unfortunately... I didn't have my phone on me to get pictures or a quick video.

tensleep
08-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Cracker the 2013 Abarth now resides in Rockwall. Count us in for the Arkansas runs! We would also like to make a couple of the meet and greets. I am checking over at the Facebook page.

cashrc
08-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Hi ya'll from Mckinney. My "Abarth is black, white wheels and stripes. I'm also a member of the "Morning Maniacs", a gearhead group that meets at the Whole Foods in Allen,, Texas Saturday mornings...also a group that meets at La Madeline in Mckinney. Mostly older cars, but theres quite a few late model drivers, be kinda neat to have multiple Abarths show up. Both groups are fairly eclectic, there's old cruisers, hot rods, sports cars, late model and unusal or fun dailys. If anybody shows, look for a Black Abarth or a white Studebaker Hawk..I'll be in one or the other.
Cash

Crossfirecat
08-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Hi ya'll from Mckinney. My "Abarth is black, white wheels and stripes. I'm also a member of the "Morning Maniacs", a gearhead group that meets at the Whole Foods in Allen,, Texas Saturday mornings...also a group that meets at La Madeline in Mckinney. Mostly older cars, but theres quite a few late model drivers, be kinda neat to have multiple Abarths show up. Both groups are fairly eclecti, there's old cruisers, hot rods, sports cars, late model and unusal or fun dailys. If anybody shows, look for a Black Abarth or a white Studebaker Hawk..I'll be in one or the other.

Cash

Were you on 121 tollway yesterday afternoon? I was in my Bianco playing a little cat and mouse with a silver Maserati! Lol

cashrc
08-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Were you on 121 tollway yesterday afternoon? I was in my Bianco playing a little cat and mouse with a silver Maserati! Lol

Yep!! Older guy, bebopping to something on the radio and giving ya'll thumbs up?

Crossfirecat
08-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Yep!! Older guy, bebopping to something on the radio and giving ya'll thumbs up?

Yes sir! Your only the 3rd Abarth I've seen in nearly 2years of owning mine. The first time my wife has seen another one. Those white wheels look pretty sharp against on the Nero!

BigDaddySRT
08-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Steer Clear of this White ABARTH. Texas Plate "BZC4044". White ABARTH Front Windshield Banner. White Wheels. Red Side Stripes.

Tailgating everyone in sight. Cutting every vehicle off in sight. Never used a Turn Signal. Would cut in and out of traffic, shooting from Lane Three into Lane One.
This is the second time I have run into this owner... he's going to wind up hurting someone, or even worse when he cut me off he could have clipped my car and he would have went flipping out of control.

This Owner really needs a reality check!!!!

Unfortunately... I didn't have my phone on me to get pictures or a quick video.

Friendly reminder... 3rd time I've seen this Bianco ABARTH driving like a complete fool on 121.

cashrc
08-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes sir! Your only the 3rd Abarth I've seen in nearly 2years of owning mine. The first time my wife has seen another one. Those white wheels look pretty sharp against on the Nero!

Thanks for the compliment. Yours is sharp too!! I've had mine for about 2 months now. I've seen 2 other Abarths locally,both red,one with white stripes in Frisco, and I'm pretty sure there's a red one sans stripes in Mckinney...
If you're close,come on down to either the Morning Maniacs or the Classic meetup at La Madeline's..never know what's going to show up.

gtntahg
08-12-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm out and about in Frisco and McKinney quite a bit. Coming up on my first anniversary with my white Abarth Cabrio with white wheels. Red stripe and red mirror deletes… and not TX plate BZC 4044, lol.

I've seen several black Abarth Coupes almost every day here lately and I usually wave if I think there's a chance the driver will see me.

But I've also seen a white Abarth Coupe with red rear wheels driving on 121 like their hair was on fire… wonder if it's the same person BD SRT is talking about? In fact, come to think of it, I had a very rude black Abarth driver tailgating me on George Bush toll road…

Who knows. Prolly just the heat making people crazy. I just stay out of the way.

Crossfirecat
08-13-2014, 12:50 AM
Hmm..I'm off on Saturdays. Sounds like I might have to swing down and check it out. I gave up on cars and coffee. Too many egos. Not too mention all the idiots leaving 40 feet of rubber out of the parking lot. Although I hear there's a much larger police presence now. I wonder why?? Lol!

I'm on 121 twice a day, 5 days a week. The majority of idiots I see are driving beat up eclipse's, civics and pickup trucks! What is it with pickup trucks wanting to race in morning rush hour traffic??? Must be a size-inferiority complex? I don't know what it is but they all seem to feel the need to prove something whenever the pass by. I just let em run out in front so the cops pick them off first!
Anyway,Only two Abarths so far. Cashs' and a red one several months ago, driven by a very enthusiastic elderly couple. They were waving like crazy! For a moment, I thought something was wrong and they were trying to flag me down. I've had a couple of my drivers tell me about thinking they saw me on both George Bush as well as 635. But they realized it wasn't me because of the red stripes. Well, that and I stay off 635 cause it's a death trap!

Rastup
08-28-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm in the DFW area and will be at cars and coffee on 9/6/2014 in my bianco 500T.

InFuZiOn
10-26-2014, 05:59 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing while driving my 15 500t until I walked out of CVS and there was a 14 500 Abarth parked right next to me! Was kind of cool. I actually work at the Holt Fiat of Hurst store if anyone ever needs the hook up on service or wants to refer a friend or family member to get a Fiat and make a little referral $$$ :)

piney500
11-14-2014, 12:19 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing while driving my 15 500t until I walked out of CVS and there was a 14 500 Abarth parked right next to me! Was kind of cool. I actually work at the Holt Fiat of Hurst store if anyone ever needs the hook up on service or wants to refer a friend or family member to get a Fiat and make a little referral $$$ :)

It's kind of a weird phenomenon, isn't it? When you get a new car it seems like they appear out of nowhere, lol. Have you noticed it's almost like this secret society thing too, that when you see someone else driving a Fiat at an intersection you always grin and wave at each other? I live in a more rural area about 60 miles south of Dallas and Fiats are really few and far between unless I'm in Tyler or the DFW area. Oddly enough I see and awful lot of 500Ls in Tyler, but not so much anywhere else so far.

BigDaddySRT
11-14-2014, 07:36 AM

LOL... that's where I bought my '13... and I've never been back.

Doohickie
11-14-2014, 02:26 PM
At this point I see about a half dozen in my neighborhood in Southwest Ft Worth when I'm out walking my dog.

I did the wave thing for a while and it just kind of seemed like the other drivers were oblivious. Then I passed one the other day and she gave me a great big grin and a wave so I smiled and waved back.

It's kind of weird - my mileage has dropped a couple mpg lately. After thinking about it I think I know why - in the summer I either run with my windows down and take in the wind noise, or I have the windows up and the AC cranked. This time of year I've got the windows closed but only have the fan on the lowest setting, so I actually hear my exhaust note. The stock exhaust on a Sport sounds pretty sweet to my ears, especially at higher RPMs.

smtree2

Rulo
11-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Hey I just joined today the forum..... I live in DFW area and got an ABARTH Rosso Convertible! Any of you guys have tried the ECM?

piney500
11-16-2014, 03:37 PM
At this point I see about a half dozen in my neighborhood in Southwest Ft Worth when I'm out walking my dog.

I did the wave thing for a while and it just kind of seemed like the other drivers were oblivious. Then I passed one the other day and she gave me a great big grin and a wave so I smiled and waved back.

It's kind of weird - my mileage has dropped a couple mpg lately. After thinking about it I think I know why - in the summer I either run with my windows down and take in the wind noise, or I have the windows up and the AC cranked. This time of year I've got the windows closed but only have the fan on the lowest setting, so I actually hear my exhaust note. The stock exhaust on a Sport sounds pretty sweet to my ears, especially at higher RPMs.

smtree2

SW Fort Worth, you say? I'm originally from Burleson, before my wife dragged me out to the middle of nowhere.

Tweak
11-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Hey I just joined today the forum..... I live in DFW area and got an ABARTH Rosso Convertible! Any of you guys have tried the ECM?

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Abarth vert!

Which ECM are you asking about?

BigDaddySRT
11-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Waved to another Nero ABARTH Trophy Club Exit on 114 Saturday Afternoon... Dealer Paper Tags and still smelled new from the outside.

Doohickie
11-17-2014, 03:27 PM
SW Fort Worth, you say? I'm originally from Burleson, before my wife dragged me out to the middle of nowhere.

Yeah, I'm not too far away from there. I live south of Sycamore School Road.

InFuZiOn
11-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Mockingbird/75 area myself. right in uptown Dallas :)

BigDaddy I don't blame you. That entire dealership is terrible to their customers. Which is why I no longer work there! They found a million ways to jack money from their employees, would try to gross profit off you if you didnt look at the deal instead of giving yo uemployee pricing like you were supposed to get, etc etc. I'm not talking about just their Fiat dealership in Hurst either. Their Ft Worth Fiat and Arlington CJD are just as bad. I wouldnt be surprised to find out their CAT construction locations were scammers too!

BigDaddySRT
11-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Mockingbird/75 area myself. right in uptown Dallas :)

BigDaddy I don't blame you. That entire dealership is terrible to their customers. Which is why I no longer work there! They found a million ways to jack money from their employees, would try to gross profit off you if you didnt look at the deal instead of giving yo uemployee pricing like you were supposed to get, etc etc. I'm not talking about just their Fiat dealership in Hurst either. Their Ft Worth Fiat and Arlington CJD are just as bad. I wouldnt be surprised to find out their CAT construction locations were scammers too!

I got a wicked deal on my 13' ABARTH from them... plus the fact they'd had the poor thing for 5 months gave me a huge amount of leverage, and it was the last day of the month, and within 3 hours of closing. LOL. It worked out too well for me to pass up.

Dallas North Tollway/ Frankford Road. Northeast Corner in front of Mi Cocina. Saw a Nero ABARTH sitting in the parking Lot.
Huge FMIC. Baby Blue Mirror Caps. Lowered. Differnt Colored Wheels/ Baby Blue/ Silver/ Weird Offsets. Schroth Harnesses. Stuart Paint and Body Stickers.
I've been told it's a guy that works at a Tattoo Parlor in the same strip.

My wife saw my favorite Blanco ABARTH on 121 again... I was glad to hear they weren't driving like a jackass.

BigDaddySRT
12-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Two Rosso ABARTHs in one day!!!!

Rode next to a Rosso ABARTH heading into work. No tinted windows and the guy had Texas Plates, and was all by himself. Yet, he hopped into the HOV Lane. Way to go!!!! Break the Law!!!!

Passed a Rosso ABARTH heading home from work. No tinted windows and the guy had Connecticut Plates, and was all by himself. Bright Green 695 stripes... and when I passed him he quickly started pacing me.

Rotea1967
12-23-2014, 09:48 PM
New member and one week with my 14 ABARTH. Living in the north OC. Hope to meet up with others in the near future.

Jered
12-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Cars and coffee on the 3rd. You should come out...

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

Get there early! Usually fills up by 0700.

Tweak
12-24-2014, 12:24 AM
New member and one week with my 14 ABARTH. Living in the north OC. Hope to meet up with others in the near future.

Congrats on the ride and welcome to the forum!

I fiated
12-28-2014, 10:38 PM
You know that assh$@e in a grey abarth zipping up and down interstate 30? Yup thats me! Only seens 2 abarths not on dealer lots in DFW area, both were black one was parked in fort worth by tcu campus, other was driving in arlington and they didnt want to play :(

I fiated
12-30-2014, 02:31 AM
Dallas dealers dont seem to want to budge. Went in to test drive they had 2 new 2013s back in october off of 19.5k bone stock wouldn't go less so I bought mine with 10k miles for 14.5k and drove it home from ohio. Just saw they were giving away a new abarth as a radio stunt, thats another way to get rid of old stock..

Now the 2013s took a 2k dump in the last 3 months now my deal dosent seem like such a good one!.

I got a wicked deal on my 13' ABARTH from them... plus the fact they'd had the poor thing for 5 months gave me a huge amount of leverage, and it was the last day of the month, and within 3 hours of closing. LOL. It worked out too well for me to pass up.

Dallas North Tollway/ Frankford Road. Northeast Corner in front of Mi Cocina. Saw a Nero ABARTH sitting in the parking Lot.
Huge FMIC. Baby Blue Mirror Caps. Lowered. Differnt Colored Wheels/ Baby Blue/ Silver/ Weird Offsets. Schroth Harnesses. Stuart Paint and Body Stickers.
I've been told it's a guy that works at a Tattoo Parlor in the same strip.

My wife saw my favorite Blanco ABARTH on 121 again... I was glad to hear they weren't driving like a jackass.

Wakemaker89
07-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Does anyone in the DFW area still meet up regularly? Had my 12' abarth for about a month now.

Tweak
07-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Does anyone in the DFW area still meet up regularly? Had my 12' abarth for about a month now.

Welcome to the forum. (No clue on the meet question)

Fiat500USA
07-20-2015, 10:11 PM

Welcome to the forum! I'm in NY so don't know about the meets either! Hope there is something going on!

pompeii1275
07-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Wakemaker, we meet regularly in DFW. We have a group page on fb as well call Fiat500DFW. Any time you wanna go cruisin hit me up or anyone on the group page.

Chris Sanders

BigDaddySRT
07-31-2015, 11:04 PM
Drove with another Nero heading North on Central Expressway this afternoon... Then saw a Rosso heading south on 5 through McKinney.

I was in my ABARTH.

BigDaddySRT
08-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Saw a Blanco on Midway and Keller Springs... We were out and about in the 392.

85burb
10-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Anyone going to goodguys car show this weekend? They have all American Sunday and being our cars have American motor is them they can enter Sunday. They have an autocross corse. We should be there with the wife's sport. Would love to see some more fiats there. Only 30 bucks to get in and that includes two adults and I think 2 kids with a car entry.

85burb
10-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Didn't see anyone else at the show. After a small issues they let me run the autocross course. I had to bust out the window sticker for them to believe it had "American power". Anyways I ran 3 times. First run was 73 seconds and third was 65 seconds. Was deff not the fastest but for sure but the slowest. Wish some other cars would have come. We also got to do the track cruise and goodguys posted a video of my group in Facebook we are 3rd in line. Had a blast and made some folks mad. Hope next year we will have some good tires and get a better time

Mrbroccoli84
10-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Just bought a 2013 abarth cabrio...when does anybody meet around here!?

burn504
10-14-2015, 11:14 PM
I have a 14 black Abarth. located by Texas Motor Speedway area but drive all over.

Tweak
10-15-2015, 10:41 PM
I have a 14 black Abarth. located by Texas Motor Speedway area but drive all over.

Welcome to the forum!

Simmonz
10-15-2015, 10:54 PM
2015 Bianco Abarth Reporting for Duty, Live in Wylie Work in Addison.

Mrbroccoli84
12-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Aybody looking to meet up this weekend ? I go to the lake worth meet every friday and am usually the only 500:(

Simmonz
12-29-2015, 02:07 PM
I normally stay around the North East Side and don't wander over to the Ft. Worth side of DFW. If the weathers nice I'm game for a meet up someplace. Always nice to meet up with Abarth/Fiat buddies.

~Jake

ManOfStealth
12-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Hey Jake,

I need to get with you this coming weekend to do the mirror cap swap, that is if your still up for it. My knee surgery went well and I'm off the crutches and walking. Maybe there are a few more members willing to make it East of Dallas and join us for a burger or something. Firewheel Mall is no too far from me and has places to meet.

Randall

I normally stay around the North East Side and don't wander over to the Ft. Worth side of DFW. If the weathers nice I'm game for a meet up someplace. Always nice to meet up with Abarth/Fiat buddies.

~Jake

Mrbroccoli84
12-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Im down with going out that way on sunday? Firewheel is like 5 mins from my fam so gives me a reason to visit lol

Simmonz
12-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Hey Jake,

I need to get with you this coming weekend to do the mirror cap swap, that is if your still up for it. My knee surgery went well and I'm off the crutches and walking. Maybe there are a few more members willing to make it East of Dallas and join us for a burger or something. Firewheel Mall is no too far from me and has places to meet.

Randall

Firewheel would work out well for me! Sunday looks pretty open as well. Looks like its going to be close to 60 on Sunday as well with 0% (as of right now) of rain.
First Fiat meet of the new year!

ManOfStealth
12-30-2015, 12:10 AM
Maybe Jake and I can throw you our keys for a test drive. My cabrio and his coupe, that should give you an idea of what you should buy. Sunday would work for me. Someone set a time and place.

Randall

Im down with going out that way on sunday? Firewheel is like 5 mins from my fam so gives me a reason to visit lol

Simmonz
12-30-2015, 11:25 AM
20322 Ok so How about 11am In this parking lot. Its normally empty that far back so we shouldn't have issues getting together, and its close to the food places. I'll post up on the DFW 500 FB group if its cool with you guys to see if more people wanna show up.

~Jake

ManOfStealth
12-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Bring them on. Looks like the Dillard's parking lot. And you are right about being empty 99% of the time. Food wise, I could go for the Flying Fish or Scotty P's.

Randall

20322 Ok so How about 11am In this parking lot. Its normally empty that far back so we shouldn't have issues getting together, and its close to the food places. I'll post up on the DFW 500 FB group if its cool with you guys to see if more people wanna show up.

~Jake

Mrbroccoli84
12-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Il be there! ill bring the beer

ManOfStealth
12-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Funny, I might be the only one old enough to drink beer. I'm way out of my car group age wise. Hope you guys don't mind your dad showing up. LOL

Il be there! ill bring the beer

Simmonz
12-31-2015, 12:06 PM
Funny, I might be the only one old enough to drink beer. I'm way out of my car group age wise. Hope you guys don't mind your dad showing up. LOL

Lol I'm 31 so drinking age isn't an issue. And Doesnt matter how young or old you are in my book!

ManOfStealth
12-31-2015, 12:21 PM
I just turned 48 so I still have you on age. My wife let her VW Beetle Turbo go and now drives a Cadillac and I just sold my Charger Super Bee and got this Abarth. She got old and I want to stay young. Looking forward to Sunday. Randall

Lol I'm 31 so drinking age isn't an issue. And Doesnt matter how young or old you are in my book!