PDA

View Full Version : Road///Race Motorsports has its hands on a Fiat 500T.

Sales@roadrace
12-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I took this picture because I thought it would be a nice addition to our Instagram, but we at Road///Race were fortunate enough to get our hands on a 500T and we are already researching and developing Fiat 500T specific components that should be hitting our online store very soon. We took a look at this 500T and we can see different variations in the mounting points, hanger positions etc and we look forward to having (at least) a few 500T aftermarket components available after the holidays. Stay tuned. :joyous:

Fiat 500T on the lift with our Lead Technician and our CEO Rob Tallini.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8058/8285052471_e45c117ff3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/8285052471/)

RoadRace
12-19-2012, 01:33 PM
The 500T has some surprises. It really is a great little car but different from SPORT and ABARTH. So far it looks like a mix of the 2. We will get busy on this and have at least a few parts early 2013.

ROAD/RACE

Zack Hurst
12-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with! :)

RoadRace
12-20-2012, 02:04 PM
We want to fully support the T. I am afraid they will be left out since it is not the respected Abarth. We will take care of you.

ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Development is going well now. We are looking at a few options. We have a prototype exhaust out there running on a "T" now. It will take a short time to get to production but using the SPORT as a base, we can get things going soon. Any one with a "T" interested in dual exhaust?

ROAD/RACE

KhalilWilliams
12-28-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm not gonna lie; I do like the new FIAT 500 Turbo, and although I have yet to drive one (I've test drove 2 regular 500 models to date) I can imagine it being a totally different experience from the Sport and Abarth models.

500Turbo
12-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Development is going well now. We are looking at a few options. We have a prototype exhaust out there running on a "T" now. It will take a short time to get to production but using the SPORT as a base, we can get things going soon. Any one with a "T" interested in dual exhaust?

ROAD/RACE

I am 100% interested in a dual exhaust. Especially since the Abarth rear diffuser seems easily interchangeable.

RoadRace
01-02-2013, 02:40 PM
The "T" is a great value. I suggest it for anyone looking for a FIAT now. We will have dual exhaust with diffuser ready soon. Just need to work a couple details and we can start selling a kit including everything you need to install our system. Sorry I do not have more details but we will have the "T" back soon and be good to go the products then. Intake and engine cover are going to work with some minor hardware changes (from what i can tell.)

ROAD/RACE

500Turbo
01-02-2013, 08:29 PM
The "T" is a great value. I suggest it for anyone looking for a FIAT now. We will have dual exhaust with diffuser ready soon. Just need to work a couple details and we can start selling a kit including everything you need to install our system. Sorry I do not have more details but we will have the "T" back soon and be good to go the products then. Intake and engine cover are going to work with some minor hardware changes (from what i can tell.)

ROAD/RACE

Great news! I am excited to see further details :clap:

RoadRace
04-12-2013, 01:50 PM
This Saturday, We will pick up where we left off. Exhaust, tuning and more will be done. We will update you soon. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

Sales@roadrace
04-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Here is a video of the latest 500T-specific component. Our Axle-back exhaust. We are not going to release this until we know our customer is happy and we have reports of positive gains, and an acceptable tone to the exhaust. So far so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQAleiAZ9ek&feature=share&list=UUS5YwJFh7x4ds1kiSR9rirg

Deefourtay
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a single exhaust make more power? The dual looks cooler though :cool A center exhaust would be cool as well as seen on your Urban Warrior

RoadRace
04-26-2013, 08:39 PM
We just need to be sure it is what people want and not necessarily what we want for us! Hope this sticks because it is working very well and making power.

ROAD/RACE

Deefourtay
04-26-2013, 09:16 PM
The 500T seems pretty cool because there are more color options than the Abarth.. I see it as an "Abarth-Lite" anyways, similar analogy to a Mitsubishi Ralliart which is like an "Evo-Lite".

RoadRace
05-06-2013, 12:16 PM
The 500T seems pretty cool because there are more color options than the Abarth.. I see it as an "Abarth-Lite" anyways, similar analogy to a Mitsubishi Ralliart which is like an "Evo-Lite".

That is a good analogy. Our 2 exhausts are working well. We will finish our BETA test of the single exhaust soon and go into production. It is performing soooooo well and the sound is amazing. More to come on that.

ROAD/RACE

koba
05-06-2013, 12:58 PM
sounds fantastic and looks nice to boot.

RoadRace
05-29-2013, 03:07 PM
I will produce it if people want it. How many are game?? Post here 500T guys!

ROAD/RACE

sfhpawel
05-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Honestly you guys should just let 500T people buy the dual exhaust you made for the Abarth. Don't waste your time with a single muffler / exhaust its kinda pointless.

From my point of view anyone with a 500T will want to make their exhaust sound like an Abarth... The car with a muffler sounds like 50% Abarth.... why replace it with another muffler... to make it sound like 75% Abarth?

The Abarth exhaust is really a straight pipe no? So why not just make a single straight pipe attachment with a tip people could bolt on after unbolting the factory muffler... it just makes sense, you could sell it for cheap and MANY more people would buy it.

If it was available (past) I would have bought it, instead I went to a muffler shop and they just made the rest of the exhaust a straight pipe and i got a tip from autozone.

A genuine component like this from RRM would be sweet. Pipe/Tip that bolts on with hanger. No Welding . Simple . Done.

sfhpawel
05-29-2013, 04:57 PM
PS... I am sure I can speak for many of the 500T guys out there. We're content with all your products especially since everything from an Abarth fits :)

my 500T is RoadRaced out

What we really need is a tune/box!!!!!!

Thanks

RoadRace
05-30-2013, 12:57 AM
We are working on the BOX from HELL. Soon fellas. Soon.

sfhpawel
05-30-2013, 11:06 AM
We are working on the BOX from HELL. Soon fellas. Soon.

We count and trust on guys like you with new products. We have seen many products come out for the Abarth such as actuators, throttle bodies, catless downpipes which also fit on the 500T but there is no info / specs. I def think the market is out there :)

Keep up the good work! I want an Urban Warrior out of my 500T!!!!!!!!!!!

opiateESP
05-30-2013, 11:13 AM
A simple muffler delete kit would be an say sell I reckon.

RoadRace
05-31-2013, 10:26 AM
A simple muffler delete kit would be an say sell I reckon.

WE have a dual exhaust for the "T". It is the same as our Abarth but with hangers that make it fit the "T". Get that! We have it all set up. Just some guys want to stay single. We are looking for those guys.

ROAD/RACE

opiateESP
06-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Not really interested in dual exhaust though. I like the single exhaust of the 500T.

RoadRace
06-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Not really interested in dual exhaust though. I like the single exhaust of the 500T.

There is one owner for a single. Hum

ROAD/RACE

HID/LEDsolutions
06-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Sweet!

Eurowned
06-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I would love a muffler delete for my T.

RoadRace
06-13-2013, 09:35 AM
I would love a muffler delete for my T.

I guess we will have to look into doing this now since I have heard this a few times now.

ROAD/RACE

RickG@eurocompulsion.net
06-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Sweet, I'll take mine with the same bends as the Abarth exhaust, but obviously w/out the Y and an extra hanger. :D

I am sure a new thread will gain much more interest for this!

opiateESP
06-13-2013, 11:02 AM
There is one owner for a single. Hum

ROAD/RACE

Hum. :D

redred
06-13-2013, 01:00 PM
A straight & single exit pipe for the T would probably be a big hit! Not to mention sound fantastic!

RoadRace
06-14-2013, 09:40 AM
OK. N new thread it will be.

ROAD/RACE

eggwhite93
07-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Single exit muffler delete for me.

RoadRace
07-28-2013, 02:32 PM
3rd exhaust system got made over the weekend. It is straight pipe with SS tip, (single exhaust). Now we have done it all really. ECM testing, 3 exhausts, intake, Heatsheild. Now we are going to the next level for all of these cars. Look for a thread named STAGE 3. Just wait. it is going very well. Time for RRM to start spilling the beans on our secret engine program.

ROAD/RACE

Tweak
07-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Single exit muffler delete for me.

Welcome to the forum.

3rd exhaust system got made over the weekend. It is straight pipe with SS tip, (single exhaust). Now we have done it all really. ECM testing, 3 exhausts, intake, Heatsheild. Now we are going to the next level for all of these cars. Look for a thread named STAGE 3. Just wait. it is going very well. Time for RRM to start spilling the beans on our secret engine program.

ROAD/RACE

Spill already, SPILL!

RickG@eurocompulsion.net
07-28-2013, 06:01 PM
3rd exhaust system got made over the weekend. It is straight pipe with SS tip, (single exhaust).
ROAD/RACE

I want one as soon as it is available, please! :D

rob_lewis
07-30-2013, 02:59 PM
I'd be interested in a single exhaust for my T. I'm on the fence about a delete as it might be too loud. Had to pull off the muffler last week to install the hitch, so I know it's easy to do.
Speaking of which, is the muffler you're developing bigger than stock? If so, it might not fit with my hitch (Mopar one) which would push me towards the delete kit. :)

With certain exhaust manufacturers asking big money for exhaust kits for these cars, I'm really curious what the cost of the muffler or just the delete would be.

So, vote one for the single exhaust. 1/2 a vote for the delete.... :semi-twins:

-Rob

RoadRace
07-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Cost for muffler version would be close to our regular 500 muffler exhaust. Open exhaust would be around $100 less than that exhaust. It does have a nice double wall SS tip too. Very finished looking.

RRM