PDA

View Full Version : Trivia

cmj912
12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
There is one New England state missing from your list of Northeast states...

Hints:
-It has 486 miles of coastline despite having a geographic area of only 1,214 square miles.

-the second most densely populated state in the US after New Jersey.

-The Brotherhood was filmed in the state's capital and much of the rest of the state has provided locations for such films as the Great Gatsby and Moonrise Kingdom.

-The animated series Family Guy is set in a fictional town here.

-some of the best Italian food in the country is found just 2 miles east of my house.

And, no, as much as I love Massachusetts it isn't part of it. ;)

FTY
12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
too easy RI :)

Jjm4life
12-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Little rhodie.home of easily the country's worst accent ( odd mix of Boston and ny) and where i bought my abarth

cmj912
12-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Ha - I thankfully don't have the accent. That is mostly a Providence County phenomenon.

Anyway, the winner's prize - (FTY, even though I did make it too easy) is a 'gagga', on me, should you ever pass through.

If you are taking any medications for ulcers or esophageal reflux an equally offensive local prize can be chosen. LOL...

Jjm4life
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Ha - I thankfully don't have the accent. That is mostly a Providence County phenomenon.

Anyway, the winner's prize - (FTY, even though I did make it too easy) is a 'gagga', on me, should you ever pass through.

If you are taking any medications for ulcers or esophageal reflux an equally offensive local prize can be chosen. LOL...

An ice cold 'Gansett and some johnnycakes sounds like a good prize

FTY
12-11-2012, 05:39 PM
An ice cold 'Gansett and some johnnycakes sounds like a good prize

I second that....what the hell is a gagga..LOL

cmj912
12-11-2012, 07:12 PM

http://culinarytravel.about.com/od/newenglandculinarytravel/qt/RhodeIslandWeiners.htm

Actually the only, and best place, to get these is downtown at 3am (from Haven Brothers, a cart next to city hall), with a buzz on. After, of course, you've had your shots and taken a Zantac.

Jjm4life
12-11-2012, 07:14 PM

No clue but i found this?

GaGa is the ONLY All Natural SherBetter you will find! This INNOVATIVE dessert is revolutionizing the sherbet category. GaGa combines the smoothness of ice cream, quality ingredients and explosive flavor!

http://www.gonegaga.net/
Based in beautiful Warwick Rhode Island

Jjm4life
12-11-2012, 07:16 PM
http://culinarytravel.about.com/od/newenglandculinarytravel/qt/RhodeIslandWeiners.htm

Actually the only, and best place, to get these is downtown at 3am (from Haven Brothers, a cart next to city hall), with a buzz on. After, of course, you've had your shots and taken a Zantac.

Oooo Ha now get it. Gagga= gagged in a rhodie accent? Would have gone with" gaggah"

This thread delivers.

cmj912
12-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Oooo Ha now get it. Gagga= gagged in a rhodie accent? Would have gone with" gaggah"

This thread delivers.

:D

In Rhode Islandese it is frequently written phonetically: 'gaggiz' (gaa-gihz)